Why Have I Got My Type Wrong? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why Have I Got My Type Wrong?

How do you feel about the two types and what especially concerns you?

How do you feel about the two types and what especially concerns you?

I feel like the first one is more me. It shows more of my defining characteristics. The problems with it are the same things that bother me about INTP descriptions. I am quite a warm hearted person and am very good at identifying the emotional needs of a person and providing it. I love all the planning and annalysing but also consider it important to implement plans.

Short of going through them all bit by bit again (which I can't be bothered to do) I can't really give a detailed description of how I feel about each of them

They both seem to have aspects of me. However they each seem to have some points which seem fundamental to that type which aren't me. I get this with any of the INXX type descriptions as well as a couple of others

This is your chance to pull my personality to pieces and tell me why I am definitely not an INTP

Because every would-be INTP is-qua-IS an enneagram type, gender, age, somatotype, NewAstrology type, ... this type, that type.

A `real' INTP would simply KNOW that he or she qualifies as as many types as there `are' patterns to be apperceived in tea leaves, ink blots, clouds, or `personalities'.

That you (mis)used `type' in the singular CLEARLY indicates that if you ARE `an' INTP you are obviously pandering to those with one track, one-typology minds and belong only in groups in which the subscribers are `limit'ed to such monomaniacal gobbledygook. ;)

So ... you are clearly whatever `type' whoever is reading the inkblots you post here interprets you as.
And you can't do a thing about it any more than the rest of us ... so get used to it. 8-P

Last edited:
Because every would-be INTP is-qua-IS an enneagram type, gender, age, somatotype, NewAstrology type, ... this type, that type.

A `real' INTP would simply KNOW that he or she qualifies as as many types as their `are' patterns to be apperceived in tea leaves, ink blots, clouds, or `personalities'.

That you (mis)used `type' in the singular CLEARLY indicates that if you ARE `an' INTP you are obviously pandering to those with one track, one-typology minds and belong only in groups in which the subscribers are `limit'ed to such monomaniacal gobbledygook. ;)

So ... you are clearly whatever `type' whoever is reading the inkblots you post here interprets you as.
And you can't do a thing about it any more than the rest of us ... so get used to it. 8-P

Or maybe I'm just bored and wanted to create a thread :p

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTPB9inzOPU"]YouTube - GZA - Come Do Me[/ame]

girr-irrrlll

*Leans back in chair*

*Puts on new cap with labels on them*

*Tips to the side*

*Slowly moves hand up and down*

Guh rrrrrl.

Heck, you could just be a well-adjusted INTP, PJ. Either way, you're one cool dude. :m159:

Heck, you could just be a well-adjusted INTP, PJ. Either way, you're one cool dude. :m159:

Thanks!

I've been toying with this idea:

INTP's generally seem to have a few subjects that they relentlessly pursue knowledge in. They are mildly obsessed with figuring them out

What If an INTP chose emotions/feelings/interractions/beliefs etc as their thing? What if they were obsessed with figuring out how succesful people do the things they do and wanted to learn everything about how to implement their ideas in the real world and how to help other people do the same

Would this create a PJ?

If you were a "PJ" then this would imply good and regular use of Si, and being comfortable with Fe. It would likely have been identified as a weak point and subsequently consciously developed. Being clearly one or the other with regards to P/J often (though not necessarily; it is more likely the case with introverts) means an unbalanced personality. You should ideally be a moderately expressed introvert and thinker, and a slighty expressed intuitive and perceiver.

If you were a "PJ" then this would imply good and regular use of Si, and being comfortable with Fe. It would likely have been identified as a weak point and subsequently consciously developed. Being clearly one or the other with regards to P/J often (though not necessarily; it is more likely the case with introverts) means an unbalanced personality. You should ideally be a moderately expressed introvert and thinker, and a slighty expressed intuitive and perceiver.

By PJ i meant poetic justice

I thought I was an INTJ for years. Only now have I realised that I'm an INFJ. It takes time to figure it out. There's nothing like confronting a moral/life crisis to help you figure it out. You can be some of a few types I think, not everyone is strong on all of their traits, like my F and T fight it out sometimes :)

I thought I was an INTJ for years. Only now have I realised that I'm an INFJ. It takes time to figure it out. There's nothing like confronting a moral/life crisis to help you figure it out. You can be some of a few types I think, not everyone is strong on all of their traits, like my F and T fight it out sometimes :)

I also thought I was an INTJ for quite a while... I still lurk around the INTJ forums, actually, and I tend to get along well with INTJs because I understand them so well.

Try this one...

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LSI

You seem to have expressed more preference for Se and Ni than you do Ne and Si, though your need for clarification implies Ti dominant or secondary. ISTPs have Ni as their tertiary function, and so a lot of ISTPs have developed this function quite well. When they go into an Ni + Ti loop (which is where you need to clarify, but keep seeing inconsistencies... as you're doing with your type confusion), they can seem very N. INFJs are prone to this loop as well, so if you're feeling empathy for how the type confusion process manifests in them, it's quite possible.

Honestly, I think you're too open to other people's opinions to be an INTP. You don't reflexively refute and redirect which is a quintessential INTP call sign. They're very obvious online.

Reactions: Nixie