Why Have I Got My Type Wrong?

Poetic Justice

Meh
Donor
Dec 12, 2008
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
This is your chance to pull my personality to pieces and tell me why I am definately not an INTP

What things do I do or say that aren't very INTPish?

After doing me (giggles) you can request others tell you why you've got your type wrong too

We can all do each other. YAY!

(I'm not cleaning up afterwards)

Because you don't annoy the hell out of me. :p

Why would I possibly tell you your type is wrong? :D

You are the expert when it comes to your own cognition.

Why would I possibly tell you your type is wrong? :D

You are the expert when it comes to your own cognition.

This is more a game than anything else. We are all combinations of traits. I was wondering what traits others see in me.

I'm just bored to be honest

Come on... DO ME :m200:

DO ME TOO. :]

... please.

Firstly, would you prefer traditional Jung definitions or the more Modern Archetypes or perhaps Socionics? LINK

Surprise me

Well, you certainly doing have a J flavoured PoLR/Tertiary you are stressed gradually and release gradually, not as a result of cognitive judging over time.

That narrows it down by 50%

INTP, ISTP
ISFP, INFP
ENTJ, ESTJ
ENFJ, ESFJ

Describe for me the time you felt the least in control of yourself when you were either in a crisis situation.

What was the situation, how did you react and why. You can be as fuzzy as makes you comfortable. - I suspect even recollecting this will make you extremely uncomfortable, for that, I apologize completely and before it occurs.

I'm tempted to suggest that your F is coupled with N in either the Dom-Parent set or the Tert-Anima set, but I can't be sure yet.

Last edited:
Well, you certainly doing have a J flavoured PoLR/Tertiary you are stressed gradually and release gradually, not as a result of cognitive judging over time.

What does that mean? I'm no expert on MBTI. I should have mentioned not to use too much jargon

Describe for me the time you felt the least in control of yourself when you were either in a crisis situation.

What was the situation, how did you react and why. You can be as fuzzy as makes you comfortable. - I suspect even recollecting this will make you extremely uncomfortable, for that, I apologize completely and before it occurs.

I remain in control in almost any situation. However, I lose my temper when someone is purposefully twisitng the truth for their own benefit or bullying someone else or being dismissive of my opinion.

For example, one time when I was 17 I asked someone who I thought was my friend to pick me some ganja up. He was going to get some beers anyway so he said yes. I gave him the money. When he got back he ignored me. I asked him where my ganja was and he just frowned at me and turned away. He was around 30 year old, I was 17 and I realised that he had ripped me off and didn't even respect me enough to tell me. He thought he could just dismiss me. I gave him numerous chances to change his mind. he carried on ignoring me

I picked up the coffee table and threw it at his head. some of his mates tried to intervene. I head butted one of them, broke another ones finger by throwing a bottle of wine at him, broke a door, a window and smashed up the crate of beer my so called friend had spent my money on.

All I remember is standing up before throwing the table. The rest was told to me by someone that was there with me. I tend to be all or nothing when it comes to anger. I remain completely calm until an invisible line is crossed then all bets are off. Clear the room.... apparently

I'm tempted to suggest that your F is coupled with N in either the Dom-Parent set or the Tert-Anima set, but I can't be sure yet

Again, I'm not up to speed with all the jargon of MBTI. I don't know what this means

For example, one time when I was 17 I asked someone who I thought was my friend to pick me some ganja up. He was going to get some beers anyway so he said yes. I gave him the money. When he got back he ignored me. I asked him where my ganja was and he just frowned at me and turned away. He was around 30 year old, I was 17 and I realised that he had ripped me off and didn't even respect me enough to tell me. He thought he could just dismiss me. I gave him numerous chances to change his mind. he carried on ignoring me

I picked up the coffee table and threw it at his head. some of his mates tried to intervene. I head butted one of them, broke another ones finger by throwing a bottle of wine at him, broke a door, a window and smashed up the crate of beer my so called friend had spent my money on.

All I remember is standing up before throwing the table. The rest was told to me by someone that was there with me. I tend to be all or nothing when it comes to anger. I remain completely calm until an invisible line is crossed then all bets are off. Clear the room.... apparently

Awesome.

What does that mean? I'm no expert on MBTI. I should have mentioned not to use too much jargon

Again, I'm not up to speed with all the jargon of MBTI. I don't know what this means

The dominant function is the ego and is the first/most prefered function.

The parent function acts as a choke on the ego.

The tertiary function is a natural relief for the individual, it's where you go when you need to destress. The PoLR is the opposite attitude archetype and people typically have some strong aversions to their PoLR.

The anima/animus is the subconscious of individual, it flares up occasionally when they do not feel themselves.

The dom-parent pair tend to play together. The tert-anima pair tend to play together.

I remain in control in almost any situation. However, I lose my temper when someone is purposefully twisitng the truth for their own benefit or bullying someone else or being dismissive of my opinion.

You reacted very strongly on an Fe violation, someone who was a friend acted in a way you could not countenance them acting. It was also strongly centered on the current moment and I believe that if you could not express your anger at this you would over time become non-confrontational, thus I believe your Tertiary function is Si. By contrast an NTJ become more confrontational over time.

I think you are INTP (Ti-Ne-Si-Fe) / LII (Socionics)

I guess you have trouble being told what to do if it is not specific to a reason why if it doesn't link into a socially sensible way to you.

Have a read of this and let me know what you think: wikisocion link to LII type.

Possible Alternative Type on the Flip of Dom-Parent/Tert-Anima would be ISFJ (Si-Fe-Ti-Ne) / SEI (Socionics)

All INTPs have a pocket ISFJ and vice versa and experience can meld the two.

Reactions: VH
The bits in bold I think are really like me, in red means not like me and normal means somewhat or sometimes like me

1. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Introverted_logicIntroverted Logic
The LII naturally assesses statements, opinions, and actions in terms of conformance to certain principles. These principles may in practice be rules of thumb based on experience, but LIIs will usually appeal to more general, self-evident reasons, if the need arises. The LII is most engaged in communication when they are critically analyzing people's decisions and actions as well as how they generally are or are not consistent with certain pre-established goals. their dual, the ESE, likes hearing the LII's judgment, and simultaneously softens its edge by shifting their focus to how they are communicating their ideas, letting them see the intellectual thought process from the outside. The ESE appreciates and praises their ability to take the information seriously, but the ESE will find funny ways of reminding the LII of how they are coming across when they seem more serious than they realize.
"Just because" is not in an LII's vocabulary. If there is a reason for something, the LII will probably want to find it. The LII strives to reduce things to their most essential aspects, and mentally recreate the whole from the bottom up. The LII's theoretical tendencies can often leave him out of touch with reality, and if unchecked may lead to abstract theories that make logical sense but have little bearing on the real world.
The LII may explore many avenues of thought, but in the end only tell others his refined conclusions, because he sees the intermediate steps as irrelevant. He is often too concise for his own good, making it difficult for others to understand his ideas.
2. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Extroverted_intuitionExtraverted Intuition
The LII often applies http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Introverted_logicin an academic field such as mathematics, one which allows for abstract speculation to be realized in concrete conclusions. The LII does not much care for implementation or hands-on work, requiring some degree of independence from material demands in order to develop his own ideas. If the LII feels made to do a task he perceives as boring, he will try to find an original way to do it, if simply for the sake of developing an interesting idea. The LII can think on his feet, and is able to consider multiple viewpoints, although if he feels that he has fully analyzed an idea in the past, he may dismiss it out of hand .
The LII is always in tune with the "big picture", looking at things from the most general perspective possible. Given this frame of reference, he sees many ways ordinary life could be changed to meet his vision of how things should be. Thus the LII is often seen by other more practically-minded types as naively idealistic.
The LII does not come up with ideas simply for their own sake, but tries to relate everything back to "the main point". He quickly becomes impatient or disinterested with discussion that is simply meant to generate ideas, instead of realizing them.
Super-Ego Block
3. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Introverted_ethicsIntroverted Ethics
The LII is acutely aware of social conventions, such as saying "please" and "thank you", and expends much effort to conform to these rules to maintain the status of a "polite" person. But he tends to overdo the conventions themselves, as opposed to the relationships they are supposed to establish, and so ends up stepping on other people's toes (violating some less easily definable convention which he would never really want to conform to anyways). He prefers an easy-going environment where such conventions don't exist in the first place. When in a heated argument, an LII can alienate others by his natural tendency to hold and defend strong opinions ( ).
If asked to express a unique, personal sentiment, such as a favorite color or football team, the LII may find difficulty choosing if there is no "obvious" answer. He often feels like he has no real personal, subjective feelings at all, and usually has to make a conscious decision where other types could easily supply an instinctive reaction.
The LII also is very sensitive about how other people see him, feeling depressed if he has affections that are not returned. For this reason, he tends to avoid expressing signals that show interest in certain people (as opposed to signals about his general mood and demeanor, which he feels to be much more natural), but of course it just aggravates his loneliness, instead of relieving it.
4. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Extroverted_sensingExtraverted Sensing
The LII hates being ordered what to do, and chafes especially under orders that don't make sense to him. In such cases the LII is likely to criticize the authority

Very, very interesting indeed, A stonking match on the ID, not so great on the super ego. Try this one: SEI

Very, very interesting indeed, A stonking match on the ID, not so great on the super ego. Try this one: SEI

1. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Introverted_sensingIntroverted Sensing

SEIs have a strong connection to and ability to recognize internal physical states in themselves and others. They understand how these states are reached and are able to easily recreate or avoid them if desired. They are innately drawn to situations that satisfy their inner physical needs and experience. They are usually skilled at the art of recreation, enjoyment, and positive aesthetic experience.
SEIs often feel that they are in a rush, both mentally and physically. Therefore, they can sometimes feel like they need to get everything done at once (which can be explained by the SEIs base and role functions). When an SEI starts a personal project, they often have the tendency to try to get concrete results in the shortest amount of time, which can lead to rushing and carelessness. This could lead to the SEI becoming stressed and overworked.
Often unable to express their feelings well using words, the SEI will instead create "art" (artwork, food, writing, or any other aesthetic situations) to illustrate the comfort or discomfort that they are experiencing internally.
SEIs try to make their living space comforting and appealing to the senses and strive to improve the lives of those they are close to.
2. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Extroverted_ethicsExtraverted Ethics

SEIs are sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around them, either from an individual, a group, or even from inanimate objects and their physical environment. A positive emotional atmosphere is essential to their sense of well being and inner peace, and they either try to create that atmosphere by directly influencing their surrounding, or by simply removing themselves from the situation or people that in their view is the cause of a negative emotional environment. In the former case they often use humor to lighten the atmosphere by cracking jokes and lighthearted teasing.
A SEI can also take the role of a "clown" of sorts to ensure all people are emotionally light and comfortable. SEIs are also capable of creating an intimate open atmosphere where others can be comfortable sharing their emotions or talking about their problems. SEIs also tend to mirror and heighten the emotions experienced by the group dynamically.
SEIs are generally unable to conceal their feelings because their faces are so emotionally expressive. They display their comfort and discomfort vividly, and can often be seen wearing the widest smiles or the longest frowns.
Super-Ego Block

SEIs have http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Introverted_intuitionblocked with http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Extroverted_logicin their super-ego. This means that they have trouble consolidating the idea of future concerns and "reliability" together. He does not believe that these concerns have any pertinence in his day-to-day life. Therefore,the day-to day nature of his existence outweigh ideas and objects that do not have a "here and now" or tangible outcome. SEIs don't focus on a process in action, or what the process is accomplishing, favoring a much more concrete approach to life.
3. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Introverted_intuitionIntroverted Intuition

SEIs are able to turn their attention to longer-term implications and personal imagination but only for brief periods; their natural preference is to concentrate on the immediate surroundings and sensations, or on the job at hand. If poorly developed, this function can lead him to extensively plan his future while failing to evaluate his reasons for doing so.
Strangely, Albert Einstein (ILE) mirrored the sentiments of his dual in a famous quote: "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough." This correlates with the SEI viewpoint of the world. The SEI feels no need for planning, because he plans for the present, on a day-to-day basis while also realizing the immediacy of the future.
Long term plans are often perceived as just as real as the surrounding world for the SEI. This can get the SEI into trouble when things don't work out as planned, leaving the SEI bewildered as to how things turned out how they did.
4. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Extroverted_logicExtraverted Logic

SEIs can be skeptical of beliefs, arguments, and actions that are based on external sources of information or oppose the SEI's values system. Therefore, an SEI could come off as stubborn or rigidly set in their ways. They put more trust in the expertise of someone who seems to have hands-on experience, even if limited, than of someone who demonstrates having read many books on the same subject.
They can tend to tune out lengthy text-book explanations and information that requires especially concise explanations or language that they might have a relatively vague understanding or impression of. The reason for this is because the SEI always feels that "there is much more" to dry facts and statistics.
People who are bossy and critical are disliked by the SEI because SEIs usually believe in taking action only when it is prudent for them. They are also prone to avoiding people who demand perfection because that can lead to feelings of inadequacy for the job at hand.
Super-Id Block

The http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Extroverted_intuitionblocked with http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Introverted_logicin the super-id means that an SEI derives great enjoyment from ideas and concepts that stimulate his or her intellectual curiosity along with a great thirst for knowledge that builds upon the SEI's ideals. Any concept that seems new and novel gains an enormous amount of attention from an SEI.
5. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Extroverted_intuitionExtraverted Intuition

SEIs have great respect and admiration for people who are always pursuing something new and different and are not tied down to material things. SEIs much appreciate people who believe in their potential, praise them for their unique skills, and offer them new opportunities in line with their interests. They themselves typically have difficulty drumming up new opportunities and establishing and maintaining far-reaching and useful contacts on their own. Also, they may often be unsure of how their talents and skills stack up to those of others, along with the difficulty identifying what unique talents he has.
The mind of the SEI is most comfortable dealing with present difficulties, and people who are able to move his or her mind into future opportunities and goals are intensely appreciated.
6. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Introverted_logicIntroverted Logic

SEIs seek clarity in their system of beliefs and understanding. This can lead to them compulsively questioning or simply having a thirst for gaining knowledge. They are able to read much information on subjects relating to their daily lives, and if questioned on why they read, they would say something akin to "knowledge is power". With this knowledge, the SEI is able to build/edit his/her personal world.
SEIs enjoy entertaining new concepts and being included in philosophical discussions where new concepts and systems of thought are introduced and developed. SEIs are aware that they are somehow limited in discovering knowledge on their own, so they search for catalysts to help them gain it. Finding these modes of learning and communication clarify what the SEI believes in, and fulfills their inner desire.
Id Block

7. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Extroverted_sensingExtraverted Sensing

SEIs prefer to guide others by providing individual rewards and helping satisfy the needs of specific people that hold meaning in their lives rather than through direct leadership or issuing directives. They avoid confrontation, but become fierce and unbending for brief periods of time when they are fully unavoidable.
He does not resonate well with the idea of beating the competition, preferring instead to listen to their internal desires and care for their own physical, emotional, and psychological well-being rather than doing what the outside world seems to demand or require of them.
SEIs are adept at perceiving fights over power of a confrontational nature around them and are able to resist them or even actively participate in them if that is seen as unavoidable. However they see no point in giving these power struggles priority over their own sense of comfort and well-being. Participation in violent physical activities where such fights may take place, as in some sports, are motivated not by those fights themselves but by the stimulating sensations those activities generate, such as the release of adrenaline.
8. http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Introverted_ethicsIntroverted Ethics

SEIs are quite adept at understanding the interactions in personal bonds between two individuals, even in the absence of an obvious external emotional expression; but they are inclined to regard them as of lesser importance, and less interesting, than the broader emotional interactions in the context of a larger group. Moreover, those personal bonds are perceived as situational and dynamic rather than static. Also, conventional morality often ties in with http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Extroverted_logicor being right and wrong. Being a mediator of sorts, the SEI shies away from such judgements.
At times, the SEI can be angered at a lack of social competence exhibited by one who the SEI knows. Using his ego functions, the SEI is able to see how lack of this function can be detrimental to interpersonal bonds between the two individuals. Seeing problems such as this is irksome to the SEI, and he attempts to correct the situation with all deliberate speed, ignoring his ego at times.