[INFJ] - Why does this site see such little traffic? Usually anything I say is forgotten :) | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Why does this site see such little traffic? Usually anything I say is forgotten :)

I can't see it anymore of course, but Xenforo has a thingamawhat in the admin control panel where it actually graphs forum traffic, and you can use it to chart other things too, like number of new member registrations, profile posts, likes being given, etc. Last I was able to check, all of that, including traffic, has consistently been on the rise since the switch to Xenforo in July, which is the opposite of how traffic historically and naturally tends to go here; usually it's busiest during the summer, and slower after the season is over. I've noticed that threads are growing much faster lately too, so much so that I can't really keep up.
All bots. Deathjam opened the floodgates to all the bots.

Because MBTI is a very niche topic and forums are past their heyday because of Facebook and social media. Go to any other MBTI forum except maybe PersonalityCafe and you'll see similar activity levels.

Years ago, my friends were wrongfully banned.

The culture changed for the worst, it has yet to recover.

My critique of this forum is not pointless.

This is a legitimate discussion topic.
The post caught my eye, and it resonated with me.

Do you think it was right to ban @muir?
You have a right to your opinion.

Reactions: Free
Another good question is why do people like my post but not engage me in the conversation.
Do you engage them in conversation?

Reactions: Bellosome
The forums have been in decline for the past 5-6 years as other forms of social media took off. Many smaller specialty forums turned into static libraries of online information rather than places of active, dynamic online socialization, where people mostly lurk and browse rather than engage other users and contribute to discussion. This trend has affected every forum starting around 2010 and on.

There have been articles posted about this phenomenon, as many of the forum admins and moderators have also been affected by this trend, usually by the users blaming them in overly strict censorship, too many bans, and waging similar accusations against them, when in reality, with the large number of other online social venues, forums simply have a smaller cut of the "online social engagement" pie now than they did 6-10 years ago. Hence the lack of activity.

Are the forums dying? - "I have been noticing an increasing number of posts on various forums along the lines of “are forums dying” and “is everybody moving to facebook”. I find this an interesting subject as I have run a couple of forums, one of which I launched in May 2011, and which seems to be one of the few forums that is currently still expanding. I am a member of a number of forums and whilst many are still recruiting new members, all seem to be showing a decrease in posting. Forums have also had a profound influence on my life. This article looks at the question “are people abandoning forums in favour of other social media”