Why do straight men think I'm gay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This

Banned
Oct 16, 2010
MBTI
Enneagram
I'm not sure if this is an INFJ thing or if it's just because I like to dress nice and color coordinate my clothes, or if it's just the area I live in, or if it's because I'm a body builder and there's a gay stereotype that goes with that but I find a lot of straight men asking me if I'm gay. Personally I don't really care if they think that or not but I'm very attracted to women (almost overly so) and I'm a little worried about what women might think, if they think I'm gay than they might not understand that I want more than just a friendship with them, I'm not too successful with women at parties and such but seem to do well with them on a more one on one basis where things are quilter and we can talk about abstract concepts.

2 hot 2 handle

Reactions: invisible
Post a picture of better yet a vid of you talking for about 30 sec and I will tell you why.

Post a picture of better yet a vid of you talking for about 30 sec and I will tell you why.

Yup.

And as a gay man, I can say I am quite qualified for such an analysis :tongue1:. A lot of it comes down to body language usually.

While you're at it, would you mind posting some body shots?

pic or it didn't happen. Srsly.

Seriously though. People think I'm gay and the only thing that you and I have similarly is that I dress nicely and I don't care what anything looks like. And, for some reason, being overtly attracted to women to the point that you need to bring it up makes me think that there's something you're not explaining here? If I acted less like an asshole and presumably if I was more free in my body language (I, for some reason, don't respond to body language well. People have tried to manipulate me and have failed utterly, only to tell me about it later) I'd be you (without a rocking bod')

Reactions: the
And, for some reason, being overtly attracted to women to the point that you need to bring it up makes me think that there's something you're not explaining here?

Yeah, that was part of my original point as well. Nothing says gay like a straight male stating how 'overtly' attracted he is to women.

Well I suppose we can meaningfully read this deeply into Sali's post if he actually does go around in his life declaring to acquaintances that he is overwhelmingly attracted to women, and they conclude that he might be insecure about his sexuality on that basis, but apart from that, I'm not sure I can agree that this particular angle seems terribly relevant.

I've been called the same, mostly due to the fact that I do posses certain feminine traits and I do not talk much about girls. Truth is I am, but no matter what people are going to always judge you based on unfair stereotypes. That's the sad reality :(, but if the person is judgmental as to think like that then well..

Reon, I assumed you are gay because you're hot.

Lulz. Thanks, you just made my ego "that" much bigger xD.

Yeah, that was part of my original point as well. Nothing says gay like a straight male stating how 'overtly' attracted he is to women.

Yeah. I saw that part of your post. Maybe I'm just reading to much into things but something just seems off about the way he states it.

If I were straight and people I met kept insisting that I was gay, I might become slightly defensive about being attracted to women, too, even to the extreme of making an offhand explicit statement about it, if I were openly discussing the matter and asking for an alternative perspective.

If I were a straight man and males kept confusing
me as gay, I would be incredibly flattered that both
sexes found me desirable and would not make
complaints about it but rather fill my evenings with
lusty rendezvous and passionate affairs. I would also
adopt a jade plant and take up meditation. Great
peace of mind after sapping my body of strength.

If I were a straight man and males kept confusing
me as gay, I would be incredibly flattered that both
sexes found me desirable and would not make
complaints about it but rather fill my evenings with
lusty rendezvous and passionate affairs. I would also
adopt a jade plant and take up meditation. Great
peace of mind after sapping my body of strength.

:D

I've been called the same, mostly due to the fact that I do posses certain feminine traits and I do not talk much about girls. Truth is I am, but no matter what people are going to always judge you based on unfair stereotypes. That's the sad reality :(, but if the person is judgmental as to think like that then well..

Im not sure I can agree with you. Its like a black person complaining that people always assume hes black because of his skin color.

Status
Not open for further replies.