When NTJs Are Serious | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

When NTJs Are Serious

I think XXTJs typically know what they want, and that can be intense. Thinking types can have a hard time dealing with emotion in general so it may seem that they are being cold whereas internally (We are talking Fi in this instance) their emotions are incredibly intense.
I want a pineapple NAOW!

The only feeling function is internal (Fi) and it is either tertiary (INTJ & ISTJ; [Ni or Si] Te Fi [Se or Ne]) or inferior (ENTJ & ESTJ; Te [Ni or Si] [Se or Ne] Fi) which makes perfect sense as to why they can seem so cold and detached to observers.

But why NTJ vs STJ? What is it about Ni that makes it seem worse compared to Si? Is it because Ni is less predictable?

This I also don't really get that either. Is it that the Si can reference past past experiences and make logically weighed judgments so they aren't so oblivious to those around? If so the logical end can tunnel vision and become a very cold detached as well.

Perhaps Si has the reputation for plain stubbornness whereas Ni is strategic (Generalizations here), and strategy is more intimidating to you than stubbornness?

Perhaps Si has the reputation for plain stubbornness whereas Ni is strategic (Generalizations here), and strategy is more intimidating to you than stubbornness?

Possibly but strategic doesn't necessarily mean cold and fervent stubbornness can be pretty intimidating.

I was reading about trust the other day, and it discussed how trust is built upon dependable expectations.

You trust someone because you believe they will not take an action that defies your expectation, such as not completely abandoning you, or not leaving you for someone else.

I think that is one of the reasons that Si is seen as being so dependable, not always predictable, but usually. Trust and predictability go hand in hand many times.

When you raise a child, it is important to have consistency and routine, those are the pillars of trust.

Perhaps that is one reason that Ni would be so much more intimidating than Si. With Si, you know on some level that there is a bedrock trust, there are some things a Si dominant person would just never do because they said they wouldn't and that stubbornness suddenly becomes a virtue.

I also think that Ni defies Si in a way because if your gutties are telling you something is WRONG even to all evidence of the otherwise you follow your gut when Ni is dominant. I just think that Ni and Si are very strongly polar opposites as opposed to Te and Fe. Feelers and Thinkers can adapt easier to understanding the other function. Whereas, strongly S really screws with me and I don't relate well at all.

Reactions: Trifoilum
*nods* I think Ni is rather unpredictable, and the things it (or s/he depending to the people) could come out with are sometimes nonsensical, cruel, or at least breaking some expectations usually there in a relationship. Si, on the other hand, plays with it and uses it, giving what NAI had told as trust and stability.

For example, in a painful relationship I think the expectations there is for both partner to stick around (until one broke or blablabla), and that's probably what Si users will do, especially Si paired with Fe. On the contrary, with Ni users it's like Sonyab had said. That gut feeling is strong and not following it usually hinders us more often than not.

On the other hand, what's the difference in this case, what with NTJs being Fi users (and inferior ones at that), while compared to Fi or Fe dominants? (again, a LOT of people I'd seen asking about NTJs...a lot of them are NFs. I also wonder why >_>;)

(again, a LOT of people I'd seen asking about NTJs...a lot of them are NFs. I also wonder why >_>;)

Because NF\NT is an awesome pairing. To meet someone who is so completely like you and yet so different is a delightful experience. It's a huge drawcard especially for introverted types who don't come across someone from their own planet very often. NF & NT aren't the same planet but they feel like twins, a similar culture if you will. And shared Ni somehow feels trustworthy even if Ni is at times flighty. If you both share that then you are more likely to understand why your partner is withdrawing temporarily or may feel a little insecure.

NTJs. Whether ENTJs or INTJs, they seems to have this little reputation as the coldest of the types. Especially concerning romantic relationships. Descriptions of 'emotionally stunted' or 'cold' seems to describe (most of) them.
I resent that.
It's not an all-encompassing thing but I once heard an ENTJ said that moving mountains is easy for her when she wants it.
Goals come first.

Just now I saw what I'd seen as an INTJ getting serious.
Out of curiosity, the question that came through my mind is; what happens when they ARE serious? Or, well, in love with the other person?
What would, could, and did they do?
Whatever it takes.

Reactions: Lady Jolanda
I think XXTJs typically know what they want, and that can be intense. Thinking types can have a hard time dealing with emotion in general so it may seem that they are being cold whereas internally (We are talking Fi in this instance) their emotions are incredibly intense.
This anecdotally rings true.

Usually, I just go for what I want and get it done, no problem. However, when my emotions and deepest sentiments are involved, I stumble.

I try to keep a cool head.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote

Worst Imagine Dragons song ever.

giphy.gif

I hate this song too haha! :tearsofjoy:

I hate this song too haha! :tearsofjoy:

When I sing it I make sure to not add the r at the end and get extra whiney for maximum annoyance.

Lightning, and the thundaaaaaaa

When I sing it I make sure to not add the r at the end and get extra whiney for maximum annoyance.

Lightning, and the thundaaaaaaa

LOLOL!

“Extra whiney” :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: