What's your opinion on sociopaths? | Page 12 | INFJ Forum

What's your opinion on sociopaths?

I recant. This really did offend me. I played it off b/c I thought having been acquainted with each other for years on this forum, you would have more tact. I see you don't. Just because my views are obviously different from yours, you resort to childish memes to put me down. In a way it did, b/c I expected more out of you. Just know ... you're blocked from now on. Have a nice life ACD.
This is what set you off? I posted that because you called people morons... (Which I admit I found silly)...Why is that OK but I can't post a goofy picture? What views do we differ on? It was not meant to hurt you but to poke fun at the turn the conversation took.

Last edited:
I recant. This really did offend me. I played it off b/c I thought having been acquainted with each other for years on this forum, you would have more tact. I see you don't. Just because my views are obviously different from yours, you resort to childish memes to put me down. In a way it did, b/c I expected more out of you. Just know ... you're blocked from now on. Have a nice life ACD.
It's none of my business.
I think the offending picture should be treated as strike 1, not strike 3.

Reactions: INFJ16
Do you think they really exist, after all, at least in the form they are described?
I've meet many people who fit the sociopath description, but I seriously doubt the description is true!

It has been said that many of them are born like that...do you think is true? And if it's true, how can anyone impose any moral boundaries against them, in case they commit a murder or something like that, illegal? It wouldn't be ethic, right? It's not their fault, they were born like that!

If they were born like that then their traits would align with a particular MBTI type right? What MBTI best aligns with 'sociopath?' BTW this whole exercise is academic because the DSM (from which all personality disorders are derived) is actually scientifically invalid.

Reactions: JustPhil
I think it is affective empathy that they lack so, if it is innate, or even learnt early in life, they would probably lean on functions other than Fe as those would be more comfortable/accessible. That's not to say they couldn't discern the feeling in a room and act accordingly, they just won't feel it.

a true sociopath should be avoided at all cost. they are nothing but evil and will take whatever you are willing to give them and demand more. . run away