Ginny

Shrrg
May 23, 2017
TheMatrix.NET
MBTI
INFJ IEI
Enneagram
1w2 sx/sp
As the title says. They can be the silliest, dumbest, most annoying and shameful to admit. What are yours?

No judging other's likes here, please.

I'll start with Clueless. The protagonist is completely superficial and as unintelligent as Beverly Hills teenagers were reputed to be in the mid-nineties. And yet she still manages to be(come) a good person at heart who can correct a college student on Shakespeare.

Say Anything. Lloyd Dobler is just so neurotically sweet and caring.

Ball of Fire. I had to look for the title, but the premise of the professors trying to learn slang stuck in my mind. Finally found it. Delightfully silly to me.

p200_v_v8_ab.jpg

v1.bTsxMTIwNTA1MDtqOzE4MDg0OzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4

I don't think these are silly or shameful. I like watching old movies because they were set in different times with different mores and it's fascinating to me.
I would love to spend an entire weekend doing nothing but just watching TCM. I guess that's where the shamefulness comes in. I mean doing nothing. Probably not even getting out of my pajamas to watch movies all weekend.

As the title says. They can be the silliest, dumbest, most annoying and shameful to admit. What are yours?

No judging other's likes here, please.

I'll start with Clueless. The protagonist is completely superficial and as unintelligent as Beverly Hills teenagers were reputed to be in the mid-nineties. And yet she still manages to be(come) a good person at heart who can correct a college student on Shakespeare.

Ha, I like Clueless too.

My guilty pleasure movies are usually teen movies. I guess I've accepted my silly side though, cause I don't feel ashamed of it anymore. ;)

There is 10 Things I Hate About You

Bring It On

The Craft

Heathers

and of course Pitch Perfect

Ha, I like Clueless too.

My guilty pleasure movies are usually teen movies. I guess I've accepted my silly side though, cause I don't feel ashamed of it anymore. ;)

There is 10 Things I Hate About You

Bring It On

The Craft

Heathers

and of course Pitch Perfect
LOL, I watch 10 things like 3 times a year, and I've got Pitch Perfect on DVD too.
Would like to see the others too (although might have a dim memory of The Craft...) :D

Clueless is fucking legit. Nothing shameful about that.

Very few people on this planet know that I secretly enjoy watching... Remember the Titans. I've seen it like 20 times. People who know my movie tastes would be very confused by the number of times I've seen it. I'm going to pretend that I like it solely because it's a solid movie about racism. Not because I enjoy dramatic football movies... :grimacing:

Clueless is fucking legit. Nothing shameful about that.

Very few people on this planet know that I secretly enjoy watching... Remember the Titans. I've seen it like 20 times. People who know my movie tastes would be very confused by the number of times I've seen it. I'm going to pretend that I like it solely because it's a solid movie about racism. Not because I enjoy dramatic football movies... :grimacing:
Had to look it up because I didn't know it by that title. But I read just now that it's based on a real event in '71. So basically... *shrug* you could also say it's almost an historical movie ;)

'10 things I hate about you' was the first to pop into my head after seeing Clueless.

Any Jurassic Park film after the first one, too.

We shouldn't have to make excuses for our guiltily pleasure movies

what kind of world do we live in
A very judgemental one where likes refer to character in eyes of simple people. But only if you let yourself be judged by it. Because in the end it's only the fear of judgement that gets you to hide these pleasures, which makes you carry twice the burden as part of you is the one judging you for it before others can.

We could also rename the thread into "Bad movies that we still like, and why." That wouldn't make it much better either, except that the culturally imposed shame for liking an objectively bad movie (which is still a subjective thing :D) is missing from it. Plus, it's not as catchy :p

We could also rename the thread into "Bad movies that we still like, and why." That wouldn't make it much better either, except that the culturally imposed shame for liking an objectively bad movie (which is still a subjective thing :D) is missing from it. Plus, it's not as catchy :p

I actually love bad movies (I created a thread on this forum about it last year). They have to be really bad, though; if a movie's level of detachment from humanity/reality is great enough, I find it very interesting. Trying to get inside the head of someone I couldn't possibly understand.

I don't necessarily think any of the movies in this thread quite reach that abysmal level. Remember the Titans is also at the very least a decent movie, albeit not a usual choice for my personality/tastes.

I just cried watching How To Train Your Dragon 3.

I won't write which parts cause of spoilers, but maaaan, the feels.

I'm a bit ashamed of myself, but I don't want to be. So I'm posting it here.