What's your favourite band, and why? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What's your favourite band, and why?

Hm that was just an example that I thought would be useful in helping me make my point. I didn't challenge you, I just stated my thoughts on Miley being part of a band. You could have just given your reason why you'd chosen her. But instead you took me on a roller-coaster ride of questions, trying to make me define a band in your terms. I don't mind your answer at all.

I did give my reason why I chose her, which involved justifying why and how I can consider her as a band. You said that she's not a band, she's a one woman show, so I justified my thinking for you.

You didn't just ask me why I chose her, you went on to ask me whether I think Britney or Beyonce is a band. I gave my answer and thoughts about it.

You're free to think whatever you what. It's your way of seeing and engaging with the world. You can do what you want with it. Other people have their own ideas and thoughts too. I don't have to agree with what society says is a band, or what you say is a band, I have my own ideas about it.

Reactions: Free and Madgirl143
I don't have to agree with what society says is a band, or what you say is a band, I have my own ideas about it.

giphy.gif

I did give my reason why I chose her, which involved justifying why and how I can consider her as a band. You said that she's not a band, she's a one woman show, so I justified my thinking for you.

You didn't just ask me why I chose her, you went on to ask me whether I think Britney or Beyonce is a band. I gave my answer and thoughts about it.

You're free to think whatever you what. It's your way of seeing and engaging with the world. You can do what you want with it. Other people have their own ideas and thoughts too. I don't have to agree with what society says is a band, or what you say is a band, I have my own ideas about it.

Hm nope, I went onto saying those things because you talked about a grey area which peaked my interest. It's okay, I now know your favourite band, and even though it's not my kind of conventional, I am happy I learnt about your reason. :sweatsmile::smiley:

Reactions: Free and invisible
For a long time, it was Marilyn Manson, but I have not cared for their past three albums. Not sure who it is now. I guess I do not have one.

Reactions: Free and Wyote
Belle and Sebastian was the first band that I really got into of my own volition. Indie pop/rock in general was kind of at its zenith (I listened to them most from '98 into the early 2000's) and it felt like I found a great band that was unique and made a shit ton of music. My interest in them has long since subsided though. I don't really have favorites anymore. It's more like a totally impulsive obsession with any given genre (i.e. one week of listening to somali music because I heard something good while listening to Radio Africa for the first and only time ever, then one week listening to witchcore after falling down a youtube rabbit hole) that rotates every few weeks or so.

Led Zeppelin, like you didn't know.

Why? The music is all over the place and Bonham pounds it along.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wyote
Owl City! His cheery music always makes me happy. Even in the most sad moments it lifts my spirit a little.
And his music never tires. I can listen it 24/7, haha.

I don't listen K-pop as much as when I was younger but this girl band... There's no single song which I wouldn't love! I might be a fan girl, a little, lolol!

Why... Well, they're different than other K-pop bands. Not as ''cutesy'' or anything like that, more mature in a way and also fierce.

:grin:

Reactions: Ginny
Rising Appalachia . . they combine world rhythms and Americana roots music woven into music that touches your spirit