What's your favourite band, and why? | INFJ Forum

What's your favourite band, and why?

Madgirl143

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
England
MBTI
INFJ
I just saw Wyote's thread and thought it would be interesting to know what kind of bands you like. Maybe even add some of them to my selections.

I love OneRepublic, because they're music is the best lol. Seriously though, they do have good music. I love them because they sing about the truth, especially in terms of who I am. Every time I listen to them, I feel complete.

So let's hear yours then.

I had a favourite band earlier this month, but I can't remember it.

I'll just go with Sidibe.
51bfKeex7aL._SS500.jpg

I love OneRepublic, because they're music is the best lol.
I love their first album, and half of their second. After the first they became too mainstream-y for me to be listenable.

My favourite band for the last couple of years has been Asking Alexandria. There may be times where I can't listen to anything, or favour other bands, but I always come back to them. I have been too preoccupied to listen to their newest album more intently, though. Still don't know if I like it as a whole.

My current favorite band has to be Poets of the Fall. I'm kind of sad that I just discovered them, they're pretty good. I guess the main reason I like them is that their songs can be interpreted from different levels. Their songs always have a deeper meaning, and what to say about the vocals? The vocalist is a damn legend lol

I love their first album, and half of their second. After the first they became too mainstream-y for me to be listenable.

My favourite band for the last couple of years has been Asking Alexandria. There may be times where I can't listen to anything, or favour other bands, but I always come back to them. I have been too preoccupied to listen to their newest album more intently, though. Still don't know if I like it as a whole.

Really, that's interesting. I know they did change, but I still like them. I saw it as them growing. Anyways just listened to Alone in a room by Asking Alexandra, it's good, just not my kind of music. So why them?

Reactions: Icedream
Green Day is my life

My current favorite band has to be Poets of the Fall. I'm kind of sad that I just discovered them, they're pretty good. I guess the main reason I like them is that their songs can be interpreted from different levels. Their songs always have a deeper meaning, and what to say about the vocals? The vocalist is a damn legend lol

I actually like the melodies, I just listened to Once upon a playground rainy. The beat reminds me of college movies from the early 2000s.

Reactions: AUM and Icedream
Here's a list of my artists by how many songs they have in my playlist. Take it with a grain of salt.
Tom Misch - 24
Imogen Heap - 21
Lianne La Havas - 19
Passion Pit - 18
Mother Mother - 16
Sidibe - 16
Ivy Sole - 10
Florence + The Machine - 10
The Hush Sound - 9
s/he - 9
Hellogoodbye - 8
Kimbra - 8
Patrick Watson - 8
Alina Baraz - 7
Brayton Bowman - 6
Yael Naim - 5
Zak Abel - 5
Alessia Cara - 4
Caravan Palace - 4
Hiatus Kaiyote - 4
Jordan Rakei - 4
Joe Hisaishi - 4
James Tillman - 4
Miike Snow - 4
FKJ - 4
Eryn Allen Kane - 4
Anderson .Paak - 3
Christian Rich - 3
Gorillaz - 3
Muse - 3
Two Door Cinema Club - 3
Alo Lee - 2
Andrew Huang - 2
Empire of the Sun - 2
Daft Punk - 2
Charlotte Day Wilson - 2
Gramatik -2
Helen Jane Long - 2
GoldLink - 2
HONNE - 2
Intalekt - 2
Keane - 2
Kaytranda - 2
June Marieezy - 2
Jorja Smith - 2
Masego - 2
M83 - 2
LION BABE - 2
MIKA - 2
Paramore - 2
Mystery Skulls - 2
Rosie Lowe - 2
Ravyn Lenae - 2
Ra Ra Riot - 2
Quadron - 2
Phoenix - 2
Tuxedo - 2
Tom Apsul - 2
The Temper Trap - 2
SiR -2
Yann Tiersen - 2
YACHT - 2
Yeasayer - 2

Here's a list of my artists by how many songs they have in my playlist. Take it with a grain of salt.
Tom Misch - 24
Imogen Heap - 21
Lianne La Havas - 19
Passion Pit - 18
Mother Mother - 16
Sidibe - 16
Ivy Sole - 10
Florence + The Machine - 10
The Hush Sound - 9
s/he - 9
Hellogoodbye - 8
Kimbra - 8
Patrick Watson - 8
Alina Baraz - 7
Brayton Bowman - 6
Yael Naim - 5
Zak Abel - 5
Alessia Cara - 4
Caravan Palace - 4
Hiatus Kaiyote - 4
Jordan Rakei - 4
Joe Hisaishi - 4
James Tillman - 4
Miike Snow - 4
FKJ - 4
Eryn Allen Kane - 4
Anderson .Paak - 3
Christian Rich - 3
Gorillaz - 3
Muse - 3
Two Door Cinema Club - 3
Alo Lee - 2
Andrew Huang - 2
Empire of the Sun - 2
Daft Punk - 2
Charlotte Day Wilson - 2
Gramatik -2
Helen Jane Long - 2
GoldLink - 2
HONNE - 2
Intalekt - 2
Keane - 2
Kaytranda - 2
June Marieezy - 2
Jorja Smith - 2
Masego - 2
M83 - 2
LION BABE - 2
MIKA - 2
Paramore - 2
Mystery Skulls - 2
Rosie Lowe - 2
Ravyn Lenae - 2
Ra Ra Riot - 2
Quadron - 2
Phoenix - 2
Tuxedo - 2
Tom Apsul - 2
The Temper Trap - 2
SiR -2
Yann Tiersen - 2
YACHT - 2
Yeasayer - 2

Thank you, I only know 7 from the list haha. This is good, I was thinking of redoing my playlists on Spotify so at least now I'll have new artists to choose from. Cheers.:smiley::smiley:

Reactions: Wyote and Icedream
any particular reason?

They've been a part of my musical rotation almost since the beginning of my music listening endeavors. Certainly since the beginning of listening to music with any sort of critical sensibilities.
I could write a lot about all of the times their music has helped me, inspired me, and directly reflected my own life in a lot of specific ways. I've been fortunate to have been able to grow up with them and see their career pretty much in its entirety. I've seen them in concert many times and met them, which I could also talk a lot about. Their music always puts me in a good frame of mind.
Good Riddance was my high school senior class official song as well. When my friends wife died it was also used at the funeral. Some friends I had in elementary school played When I Come Around in a talent show. Basically they were integral in a lot of things both by choice and by providence. I ended up in a daycare with a woman who was friends with Billie Joe's cousin which is how I was able to meet them and hang out with them.

Really, that's interesting. I know they did change, but I still like them. I saw it as them growing. Anyways just listened to Alone in a room by Asking Alexandra, it's good, just not my kind of music. So why them?
There's a difference in growing and becoming mainstream. Take Papa Roach, for instance, they always stayed true to their sound and managed to develop at the same time. Most bands in the pop genre are just incapable of it.

Do I really need a reason to like them? To some extent it's Danny and Ben, I think, the singer and the background vocalist/guitarrist. I can't really put my finger on it, they have just the perfect amount of screaming, growling and clean vocals, coupled with metal guitar riffs that aren't heavy (I hate heavy metal, esp. the vocals). Their songs echo the force of my emotions, they couple the fire that I know I am capable of, but won't show.

Alone in a Room is a great song, but I want to give you some examples that show how I think of their sound. These are the first 4 songs that I knew, in the order that I knew them. This is how they reeled me in.

Reactions: Wyote
Thank you, I only know 7 from the list haha. This is good, I was thinking of redoing my playlists on Spotify so at least now I'll have new artists to choose from. Cheers.:smiley::smiley:
Which seven? I haven't cleared out my playlist in years, so there might be a lot of stuff I wouldn't listen to now

They've been a part of my musical rotation almost since the beginning of my music listening endeavors. Certainly since the beginning of listening to music with any sort of critical sensibilities.
I could write a lot about all of the times their music has helped me, inspired me, and directly reflected my own life in a lot of specific ways. I've been fortunate to have been able to grow up with them and see their career pretty much in its entirety. I've seen them in concert many times and met them, which I could also talk a lot about. Their music always puts me in a good frame of mind.
Good Riddance was my high school senior class official song as well. When my friends wife died it was also used at the funeral. Some friends I had in elementary school played When I Come Around in a talent show. Basically they were integral in a lot of things both by choice and by providence. I ended up in a daycare with a woman who was friends with Billie Joe's cousin which is how I was able to meet them and hang out with them.

Oh my gosh, really, you hang out with them. Oh my gosh, I am jealous, that is so cool, like seriously. Hm must be fun being you lol. I understand what you mean, I feel like that about OneRepublic. Where would we be without these songs, I don't mean that literally. That's really interesting to know.

Reactions: Wyote
There's a difference in growing and becoming mainstream. Take Papa Roach, for instance, they always stayed true to their sound and managed to develop at the same time. Most bands in the pop genre are just incapable of it.

Do I really need a reason to like them? To some extent it's Danny and Ben, I think, the singer and the background vocalist/guitarrist. I can't really put my finger on it, they have just the perfect amount of screaming, growling and clean vocals, coupled with metal guitar riffs that aren't heavy (I hate heavy metal, esp. the vocals). Their songs echo the force of my emotions, they couple the fire that I know I am capable of, but won't show.

Alone in a Room is a great song, but I want to give you some examples that show how I think of their sound. These are the first 4 songs that I knew, in the order that I knew them. This is how they reeled me in.

Hm interesting. I hear you, I guess we have difference in opinions there. I think that their music reflect the albums, for example Dreaming Out Loud was very subtle and it was just an introduction to who they were. They always have different types of music within each album, which I think brings out their originality. They tell stories in each album. With Native, I feel like this was inspired by the freedom of culture, I don't know how to put it, but that they stick to who they are even if they are using different melodies to express themselves. I find their music all rounded, touching on everything to do with life experiences. I don't think that they are very much influenced by mainstream.

Well sure you need a reason, only because I asked lol. The reason I don't particularly like Asking Alexandra is because I don't get the screaming. I enjoy the beat but once the singing starts, it shocks my system. It's like with Hollow moon by Awolnation, the bit where they kinda scream, kinda puts me off, but I like the rest of the song. As long as it's not hardcore, like with 30 seconds to mars, although they sing okay most of the time.

The only one that surprises me really is Hellogoodbye.

Hm interesting. I hear you, I guess we have difference in opinions there. I think that their music reflect the albums, for example Dreaming Out Loud was very subtle and it was just an introduction to who they were. They always have different types of music within each album, which I think brings out their originality. They tell stories in each album. With Native, I feel like this was inspired by the freedom of culture, I don't know how to put it, but that they stick to who they are even if they are using different melodies to express themselves. I find their music all rounded, touching on everything to do with life experiences. I don't think that they are very much influenced by mainstream.

Well sure you need a reason, only because I asked lol. The reason I don't particularly like Asking Alexandra is because I don't get the screaming. I enjoy the beat but once the singing starts, it shocks my system. It's like with Hollow moon by Awolnation, the bit where they kinda scream, kinda puts me off, but I like the rest of the song. As long as it's not hardcore, like with 30 seconds to mars, although they sing okay most of the time.
With the albums, it depends on the timing. Native was published around the time where awareness around (South) Africa was rising. Sure, the stories are their own, but the music stlye is largely influenced by mainstream. Thus the conclusion is not far off that they became more mainstream.

Asking for reasons does not predetermine a presence of reasons. I understand that you don't get the screaming, and it put me off as well, but I got used to it when I worked in a club. Once I was able to hear the lyrics through it, it didn't bother me as much anymore. But, and that is something which has always been this way, I prefer screaming over growling. At least the lyrics are more easily made out. BTW, the screaming has largely disappeared with the third album.

30 Seconds to Mars: The Kill was their best song. And the only song I liked.

The only one that surprises me really is Hellogoodbye.

Haha really, why? I actually like it, especially Here (In your arms) I used to rock that jam, when I was in primary school. I'd sit outside in the veranda, soaking up the sun, whilst I daydreamed of the day a guy would dedicate that song to me :hearteyes: