What's the reason for non-INFJ's being part of this website? | INFJ Forum

What's the reason for non-INFJ's being part of this website?

HelloItsMe

Oct 1, 2017
England
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5 ithink
I don't have a problem with it, I'm just curious. I've never joined a group about (note I didn't say 'for') a different type, but it doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't want to in future, who knows.

So if you're not an INFJ but are part of this group, what led you to join? Do you like INFJ's? Have good conversations with them? Comforted by them? Just curious about them?

I wouldn't have thought anyone would join if they disliked INFJ's, I've seen a few posts/responses from people of other types where they've been offensive but those are only a few occasions. And only major arseholes would join this join just to bash INFJ's :p- and that would be very rare

I'm worried people might think I'm making a dig and I don't want to deal with shitty in responses today, I promise I'm just curious

Last edited:
, I promise I'm just curious
Good question. I am an INFJ and have wondered this at times too. I think the creators of the forum had balance and diversity in mind.
I've seen a few posts/responses from people of other types where they've been offensive but those are only a few occasions.
And, unfortunately there are occassional personality clashes, even among those INFJ's. I believe this stems from two (or more) strongly opposing points of view colliding. Each party believing vehemently in their own stance and refusing or ignoring the others point of view. The collective response should be to tip-the-hat so to say, and agree to disagree, therefore maintaining group cohesion and harmony. However, some individuals prefer to be right as opposed to being harmonious, and thusly we should forgive their not reaching that particular point in communication.

(I did mention I was one of the INFJ's :friendlywave:)

We have a strong community made up of members of all different types and many who have become friends. We need them as part of our community, some of them have been here for as long as anyone else can remember, they have come to fit in here and participate in the mind of the forum. I guess their personalities just happen to go well with ours somehow and so we value them as well because each of them brings their own special contribution from who they are.

Sometimes I wonder why other types come here. I always hope that they're not just loafing around, soaking up the INFJ juices, that they're actually here to try and learn something from us INFJs or from the type of environment we try to create (even if we struggle sometimes)... I always hope that they keep on learning about whatever it is they're here for while they're here. Which is the same thing I hope for other INFJs like me too... I hope we're all still learning things from each other.

Well, that's a little unsettling as I saw this as a safe place, I feel like anything I say you might respond with something unhelpful. Using me as an example, you don't need to like me, I don't care about that, but you don't know me and haven't given me a chance, and you've decided to join a group about a group of people you don't like, where most people involved are the people you say you don't like. Maybe in some twisted way looking down on us makes you feel better about yourself? It's interesting though, two people in my life who turned out to be small-minded, self-obsessed arseholes were also ENTJ's. In fact my first conversation with one was me guessing his type, he said 'if you really are an INFJ. you'll f*cking love me' and he wasn't joking, he thought i would, that I'd be fascinated by him. We had a short friendship, some interesting conversations and then I couldn't take how up his own arse he was, he would never look at other peoples points of views. He asked me, "so when's your mental illness going to ruin our friendship? I haven't noticed it yet"- I ended the friendship at that point.

'Hell no'- so close minded that you can't even think about the possibility that there might, one day, be at least one INFJ you like. I find it interesting that someone so close-minded could hate people who try so hard to see others points of view

'Hell no'- so close minded that you can't even think about the possibility that there might, one day, be at least one INFJ you like. I find it interesting that someone so close-minded could hate people who try so hard to see others points of view

He's joking you, don't take it seriously. All types are welcome here, they benefit all of us. Everyone is here for some reason or other. Even if they're not aware of it.

Well, that's a little unsettling as I saw this as a safe place, I feel like anything I say you might respond with something unhelpful. Using me as an example, you don't need to like me, I don't care about that, but you don't know me and haven't given me a chance, and you've decided to join a group about a group of people you don't like, where most people involved are the people you say you don't like. Maybe in some twisted way looking down on us makes you feel better about yourself? It's interesting though, two people in my life who turned out to be small-minded, self-obsessed arseholes were also ENTJ's. In fact my first conversation with one was me guessing his type, he said 'if you really are an INFJ. you'll f*cking love me' and he wasn't joking, he thought i would, that I'd be fascinated by him. We had a short friendship, some interesting conversations and then I couldn't take how up his own arse he was, he would never look at other peoples points of views. He asked me, "so when's your mental illness going to ruin our friendship? I haven't noticed it yet"- I ended the friendship at that point.

Oh.

I was only joking.

All MBTI types are equal, there is no "bad person" MBTI type.

You really took the bait on that one.

Because if you go on any other mbti forum, there are people of different types. Because people are interested in interacting with those who are different than them.

I joined at first because I thought I might be infj and stayed because I made friends.

I think it's always a good idea to lurk a bit to see how people get along on a forum. If you had, you'd have known that @Pin was not being serious, and that people joke like that about all types here. It's not malicious.

You say "why?" but all I can think is "why not?"

I'm lazy and tired and we've had similar discussions before, so here's this (bear in mind that at the time, I was responding to an INFJ who was vocally protesting anyone who wasn't an INFJ responding to his thread):

Anyone of any type is free to post here. I'm trying to even begin explaining why that is, but I'm a bit floored, because I shouldn't have to in the first place. I've said it before, but I'll say it again - anyone of any type can be a great human being, and anyone of any type can be an awful human being. It's ignorant and far too simplistic to think that someone has more of a right to be here just because of the letters MBTI has applied to them. People are more than their type. You are more than your type. We exist in a dynamic world full of widely differing human beings, and that is a beautiful thing. The thought of a place where only people similar to you are allowed, I find a bit abhorrent. That is static, boring, so terribly limiting and a deterrent to actually being able to grow as a human being. Perhaps that's because I actually enjoy diversity.

People are allowed to disagree with you. What's the point of a discussion if everyone's just agreeing with everyone and patting themselves on the back? That's not a discussion, that's an echo chamber. If you disagree with someone, then respectfully disagree with them, and explain why. Your words will have no power to change someone's mind and make a difference in the world, if you don't attempt to do otherwise. I mean no ill will by this, these are just my thoughts, and me respectfully disagreeing with you.

Love you all, can't imagine the forum without all its non-INFJs, hugs n stuff.

Most places online for infjs have fewer actual infjs than you'd think. I like to think we're just more honest about it. You can't regulate that sort of thing unless it is extremely exclusive in some ways and then it's just a handful of people with the same ideas; not very interesting.

Last edited:
Most places online for infjs have fewer actual infjs than you'd think.
I think most places online where the group is generally outcast/weird/niche/introverted/whatever, people who think they fit into that category think they're exactly that personality type, whatever type it is. Type description? tl;dr or yup that's me! (sometimes, 1% or 99% of the time, i think) (blindly accepted terms of service)

MBTI is bullshit

...because I don't actually understand it
–everyone

Love you all, can't imagine the forum without all its non-INFJs, hugs n stuff.
:jumphug:

@HelloItsMe , I can't speak for everyone, but my story is similar to Acd's. I considered the possibility of being an INFJ, and then found this forum to be very accepting and open, so I decided to stay. I'm happy I did, as there are quite a few interesting people here.

Also wanted to note that the idea that a place would be "safe" just because it only allows INFJs is inherently flawed because it bears the implication that a place would be safe because it only allows INFJs - which is incorrect and, ironically, a dangerous thought to have. As previously stated, anyone of any type can be "bad." Take an unhealthy INFJ for example, that idealism of theirs, when twisted and warped by an unhealthy mind, can be a rather destructive force.

that idealism of theirs, when twisted and warped by an unhealthy mind, can be a rather destructive force.

aKDXNvO_700b_v1.jpg

I don't have a problem with it, I'm just curious. I've never joined a group about (note I didn't say 'for') a different type, but it doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't want to in future, who knows.

So if you're not an INFJ but are part of this group, what led you to join? Do you like INFJ's? Have good conversations with them? Comforted by them? Just curious about them?

I wouldn't have thought anyone would join if they disliked INFJ's, I've seen a few posts/responses from people of other types where they've been offensive but those are only a few occasions. And only major arseholes would join this join just to bash INFJ's :p- and that would be very rare

When I first was introduced to MBTI (during a college undergrad psych class iirc) I took the test and came up INFJ. Several years later, I'm more consistently coming up as ISFP. I just stick around to make sure you guys aren't up to anything.

I'm worried people might think I'm making a dig and I don't want to deal with shitty in responses today, I promise I'm just curious

Racist. Kidding

Also wanted to note that the idea that a place would be "safe" just because it only allows INFJs is inherently flawed because it bears the implication that a place would be safe because it only allows INFJs - which is incorrect and, ironically, a dangerous thought to have. As previously stated, anyone of any type can be "bad." Take an unhealthy INFJ for example, that idealism of theirs, when twisted and warped by an unhealthy mind, can be a rather destructive force.
Great point. Infjs are inherently dangerous.