What's the reason for non-INFJ's being part of this website? | INFJ Forum

What's the reason for non-INFJ's being part of this website?

Discussion in 'The INFJ Typology' started by HelloItsMe, Jan 12, 2018.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 16 users.
More threads by HelloItsMe
  1. HelloItsMe

    HelloItsMe Newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2017
    Threads:
    6
    Messages:
    36
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    80
    Trophy Points:
    563
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    England
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5 ithink
    I don't have a problem with it, I'm just curious. I've never joined a group about (note I didn't say 'for') a different type, but it doesn't necessarily mean I wouldn't want to in future, who knows.

    So if you're not an INFJ but are part of this group, what led you to join? Do you like INFJ's? Have good conversations with them? Comforted by them? Just curious about them?

    I wouldn't have thought anyone would join if they disliked INFJ's, I've seen a few posts/responses from people of other types where they've been offensive but those are only a few occasions. And only major arseholes would join this join just to bash INFJ's :p- and that would be very rare

    I'm worried people might think I'm making a dig and I don't want to deal with shitty in responses today, I promise I'm just curious
     
    #1 HelloItsMe, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. Sandie33

    Sandie33 Love Often & Absolutely ♡
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2016
    Threads:
    88
    Messages:
    10,131
    Featured Threads:
    9
    Likes Received:
    49,665
    Trophy Points:
    3,235
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    USA
    MBTI:
    INFJ-t
    Enneagram:
    2w1, 2w3
    Good question. I am an INFJ and have wondered this at times too. I think the creators of the forum had balance and diversity in mind.
    And, unfortunately there are occassional personality clashes, even among those INFJ's. I believe this stems from two (or more) strongly opposing points of view colliding. Each party believing vehemently in their own stance and refusing or ignoring the others point of view. The collective response should be to tip-the-hat so to say, and agree to disagree, therefore maintaining group cohesion and harmony. However, some individuals prefer to be right as opposed to being harmonious, and thusly we should forgive their not reaching that particular point in communication.

    (I did mention I was one of the INFJ's :friendlywave:)
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gaze, Misadventure, Free and 5 others like this.
  3. Pin

    Pin "Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2017
    Threads:
    47
    Messages:
    11,842
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    45,782
    Trophy Points:
    3,251
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4, 3-8-7
    The same curiosity that allegedly killed a cat.
    Hell no.
    Honestly, a great deal of people here are fine conversationalists.
    Ha!
    Indeed.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Jouska, Gaze, Misadventure and 6 others like this.
  4. invisible

    On Holiday

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2009
    Threads:
    225
    Messages:
    9,023
    Featured Threads:
    8
    Likes Received:
    9,922
    Trophy Points:
    1,329
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Avalon Archipelago
    MBTI:
    none
    We have a strong community made up of members of all different types and many who have become friends. We need them as part of our community, some of them have been here for as long as anyone else can remember, they have come to fit in here and participate in the mind of the forum. I guess their personalities just happen to go well with ours somehow and so we value them as well because each of them brings their own special contribution from who they are.

    Sometimes I wonder why other types come here. I always hope that they're not just loafing around, soaking up the INFJ juices, that they're actually here to try and learn something from us INFJs or from the type of environment we try to create (even if we struggle sometimes)... I always hope that they keep on learning about whatever it is they're here for while they're here. Which is the same thing I hope for other INFJs like me too... I hope we're all still learning things from each other.
     
    Gaze, Misadventure, Free and 8 others like this.
  5. the

    the Si master race.
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2009
    Threads:
    479
    Messages:
    14,389
    Featured Threads:
    9
    Likes Received:
    8,782
    Trophy Points:
    1,112
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Because people regularly and actively post on a variety of topics.

    Drama
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. OP
    HelloItsMe

    HelloItsMe Newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2017
    Threads:
    6
    Messages:
    36
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    80
    Trophy Points:
    563
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    England
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    6w5 ithink
    Well, that's a little unsettling as I saw this as a safe place, I feel like anything I say you might respond with something unhelpful. Using me as an example, you don't need to like me, I don't care about that, but you don't know me and haven't given me a chance, and you've decided to join a group about a group of people you don't like, where most people involved are the people you say you don't like. Maybe in some twisted way looking down on us makes you feel better about yourself? It's interesting though, two people in my life who turned out to be small-minded, self-obsessed arseholes were also ENTJ's. In fact my first conversation with one was me guessing his type, he said 'if you really are an INFJ. you'll f*cking love me' and he wasn't joking, he thought i would, that I'd be fascinated by him. We had a short friendship, some interesting conversations and then I couldn't take how up his own arse he was, he would never look at other peoples points of views. He asked me, "so when's your mental illness going to ruin our friendship? I haven't noticed it yet"- I ended the friendship at that point.

    'Hell no'- so close minded that you can't even think about the possibility that there might, one day, be at least one INFJ you like. I find it interesting that someone so close-minded could hate people who try so hard to see others points of view
     
  7. James

    James Infamy, infamy.. they've all got it infamy
    Retired Staff

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2009
    Threads:
    121
    Messages:
    5,560
    Featured Threads:
    8
    Likes Received:
    21,582
    Trophy Points:
    3,498
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    He's joking you, don't take it seriously. All types are welcome here, they benefit all of us. Everyone is here for some reason or other. Even if they're not aware of it.
     
    Jouska, infinite dreams, Gaze and 9 others like this.
  8. Pin

    Pin "Magnificent Bastard" / Ren's Counterpart

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2017
    Threads:
    47
    Messages:
    11,842
    Featured Threads:
    37
    Likes Received:
    45,782
    Trophy Points:
    3,251
    MBTI:
    ENTJ
    Enneagram:
    3w4, 3-8-7
    Oh.

    I was only joking.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    infinite dreams, Gaze, INFJ16 and 9 others like this.
  9. invisible

    On Holiday

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2009
    Threads:
    225
    Messages:
    9,023
    Featured Threads:
    8
    Likes Received:
    9,922
    Trophy Points:
    1,329
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Avalon Archipelago
    MBTI:
    none
    All MBTI types are equal, there is no "bad person" MBTI type.
     
  10. the

    the Si master race.
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2009
    Threads:
    479
    Messages:
    14,389
    Featured Threads:
    9
    Likes Received:
    8,782
    Trophy Points:
    1,112
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    You really took the bait on that one.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. acd

    acd Well-known member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2009
    Threads:
    143
    Messages:
    15,484
    Featured Threads:
    11
    Likes Received:
    35,606
    Trophy Points:
    1,387
    Location:
    fantasy world
    MBTI:
    infp
    Enneagram:
    9w8 sp/sx
    Because if you go on any other mbti forum, there are people of different types. Because people are interested in interacting with those who are different than them.

    I joined at first because I thought I might be infj and stayed because I made friends.

    I think it's always a good idea to lurk a bit to see how people get along on a forum. If you had, you'd have known that @Pin was not being serious, and that people joke like that about all types here. It's not malicious.
     
    infinite dreams, Gaze, INFJ16 and 9 others like this.
  12. the

    the Si master race.
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2009
    Threads:
    479
    Messages:
    14,389
    Featured Threads:
    9
    Likes Received:
    8,782
    Trophy Points:
    1,112
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Also understand that you dont get to dictate what kind of responses you get.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gaze, Misadventure, Free and 3 others like this.
  13. hush

    Site Supporter

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2011
    Threads:
    229
    Messages:
    14,698
    Featured Threads:
    22
    Likes Received:
    42,997
    Trophy Points:
    4,001
    MBTI:
    pocketoli
    Enneagram:
    You say "why?" but all I can think is "why not?"

    I'm lazy and tired and we've had similar discussions before, so here's this (bear in mind that at the time, I was responding to an INFJ who was vocally protesting anyone who wasn't an INFJ responding to his thread):

    Love you all, can't imagine the forum without all its non-INFJs, hugs n stuff.
     
  14. Wyote

    Wyote (#/-\[]$ ([]`/[]'|'[-
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    246
    Messages:
    37,717
    Featured Threads:
    19
    Likes Received:
    206,201
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    Most places online for infjs have fewer actual infjs than you'd think. I like to think we're just more honest about it. You can't regulate that sort of thing unless it is extremely exclusive in some ways and then it's just a handful of people with the same ideas; not very interesting.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #14 Wyote, Jan 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  15. ruji

    ruji Well-known member

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2009
    Threads:
    32
    Messages:
    17,734
    Featured Threads:
    4
    Likes Received:
    57,746
    Trophy Points:
    3,257
    MBTI:
    .
    I think most places online where the group is generally outcast/weird/niche/introverted/whatever, people who think they fit into that category think they're exactly that personality type, whatever type it is. Type description? tl;dr or yup that's me! (sometimes, 1% or 99% of the time, i think) (blindly accepted terms of service)


    MBTI is bullshit

    ...because I don't actually understand it
    –everyone
     
    INFJ16, Misadventure, Free and 5 others like this.
  16. Lady Jolanda

    Lady Jolanda Controversial Girlfriend
    Staff Member Tech Admin

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2017
    Threads:
    55
    Messages:
    4,477
    Featured Threads:
    3
    Likes Received:
    68,578
    Trophy Points:
    2,922
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Netherlands
    MBTI:
    xNTP
    Enneagram:
    6-4-9
    :jumphug:

    @HelloItsMe , I can't speak for everyone, but my story is similar to Acd's. I considered the possibility of being an INFJ, and then found this forum to be very accepting and open, so I decided to stay. I'm happy I did, as there are quite a few interesting people here.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    INFJ16, Misadventure, Free and 6 others like this.
  17. hush

    Site Supporter

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2011
    Threads:
    229
    Messages:
    14,698
    Featured Threads:
    22
    Likes Received:
    42,997
    Trophy Points:
    4,001
    MBTI:
    pocketoli
    Enneagram:
    Also wanted to note that the idea that a place would be "safe" just because it only allows INFJs is inherently flawed because it bears the implication that a place would be safe because it only allows INFJs - which is incorrect and, ironically, a dangerous thought to have. As previously stated, anyone of any type can be "bad." Take an unhealthy INFJ for example, that idealism of theirs, when twisted and warped by an unhealthy mind, can be a rather destructive force.
     
  18. Wyote

    Wyote (#/-\[]$ ([]`/[]'|'[-
    Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2008
    Threads:
    246
    Messages:
    37,717
    Featured Threads:
    19
    Likes Received:
    206,201
    Trophy Points:
    4,271
    Gender:
    Male
    MBTI:
    Ni Space
    Enneagram:
    9 Seas
    [​IMG]
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Happy Phantom, INFJ16, ruji and 7 others like this.
  19. Sloe Djinn

    Sloe Djinn Idiot with Internet Access.

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2010
    Threads:
    134
    Messages:
    5,049
    Featured Threads:
    9
    Likes Received:
    9,582
    Trophy Points:
    877
    MBTI:
    SOCMOB
    Enneagram:
    .
    When I first was introduced to MBTI (during a college undergrad psych class iirc) I took the test and came up INFJ. Several years later, I'm more consistently coming up as ISFP. I just stick around to make sure you guys aren't up to anything.

    Racist. Kidding
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Vossbaby, 5r6jhd, invisible and 8 others like this.
  20. the

    the Si master race.
    Banned

    Joined:
    Feb 17, 2009
    Threads:
    479
    Messages:
    14,389
    Featured Threads:
    9
    Likes Received:
    8,782
    Trophy Points:
    1,112
    MBTI:
    ISTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    Great point. Infjs are inherently dangerous.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Loading...

Share This Page