What's the one thing about yourself that you always take pride in? | INFJ Forum

What's the one thing about yourself that you always take pride in?

Odyne

===========
Banned
Aug 19, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
Toss that humility aside for a lil while and tell me :D

What's that one (or many) thing(s) that you take pride in about your self ? A thought, a reaction, a decision, a certain someone, a belief, an accomplishment, etc.

Something that whenever you remember it, it makes you feel good about yourself no matter how much you've screwed in your life.

p.s. "I am not proud of anything" responses are not aloud. :p

I am a good listener and am good at understanding peoples motivations. I am pretty clever and learn really fast. I have been told that I am relaxing to be around which makes me happy. I take pride in having the balls to pursue what I believe in, even if it incurs the wrath and disbelief of my family. I am also good at seeing my own motivations and being honest with myself about it (at least most of the time)

How about you Odyne?

I learn quickly. No matter what I choose, I always do my best to stay aware of what is true.

Last edited:
i'm proud of many things:

I'm proud of the fact that despite everything that I have gone through in my life, I have remained a happy optimistic person.

I'm proud that I ignored all the people who told me that I couldn't sing when I was ten, and pursued my passion.

I'm proud that I met certain friends at just the right time.

I'm proud that can easily make other people happy.

I'm proud that my faith in Christ has grown over the years.

(lol hopefully I don't sound TOO conceited)

Reactions: sassafras
(lol hopefully I don't sound TOO conceited)

Nope, not conceited at all. It's healthy to remember the good things about ourselves. :smile:

How about you Odyne?

The thing that I am most proud of about myself is that I was able to survive most of the difficulties and hardships I have been through without losing myself into that dark abyss that comes with helplessness, loss and failure.

I don't know if it's faith, pride or just plain stubbornness ( I think it's the later lol), but I was always able to come out and stand right back up no matter how scathed I was.

So that was me. I want to hear from other forum members, I honestly feel like there's something that deserves appreciation about every single one of us.

Tell me, let me appreciate you! :p

I am proud to not let my pride dominate my character :)

nvm.

I'm proud the mocha love child [MENTION=2873]SouloftheLaurel[/MENTION] and I created grew up to be Drake, a multi million dollar freak of nature.

Everything else I'm not about to post on here.

tough question (why is it always easier to see where you fall short than where you succeed?)

i guess i'm proud of the fact that, like [MENTION=1579]Odyne[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2873]SouloftheLaurel[/MENTION], i haven't given up on life, i haven't succumb to depression, even though it could have easily happened. i'm proud that i've stayed hopeful.

I'm proud to be able to help people-when they don't understand things and are lost.

tough question (why is it always easier to see where you fall short than where you succeed?)

This is even a better question. [MENTION=1926]April[/MENTION]; would you have the honors of making the thread? :D

This is even a better question. @April; would you have the honors of making the thread? :D

sure thing darling, it's been about .5 seconds since i've made a thread, i'm due! ;)

@invisible; That sounds very powerful. Could you elaborate?

[MENTION=1579]Odyne[/MENTION] thank you for your remark. yeah it feels powerful also. thank you for asking me to elaborate but i probably can't explain it that well. but for example: i used to feel that i was constantly trampled over and couldn't stand up for myself and had to make excuses in order to escape things that were hurting me such as "i realise that i am only imagining that you are treating me badly because i am a bad person but please leave me alone as i can't take it". but when i started to stop making excuses and to stand up for myself "leave me alone because the way you are treating me is not right for me and you have no choice but to leave me alone because i won't respond to your treatment", i started to feel more competent in dealing with challenges. many of these sorts of things feel like they slip away and become less important, as though they can't really touch me anymore anyway - i expect them and even prevent them through anticipation, they don't come near me. i have confidence in the history of challenges i have been through as significant, and i feel like nothing much could really knock me down anymore. something could hurt me and take me a while to get over, but it couldn't knock me down to the point where i couldn't get back up. every time i meet a significant challenge i feel kind of like i'm made of pieces that deliquesce to absorb the impact but will come back together stronger and more integrated and more impervious. sorry i can't explain better.

[MENTION=1579]Odyne[/MENTION] thank you for your remark. yeah it feels powerful also. thank you for asking me to elaborate but i probably can't explain it that well. but for example: i used to feel that i was constantly trampled over and couldn't stand up for myself and had to make excuses in order to escape things that were hurting me such as "i realise that i am only imagining that you are treating me badly because i am a bad person but please leave me alone as i can't take it". but when i started to stop making excuses and to stand up for myself "leave me alone because the way you are treating me is not right for me and you have no choice but to leave me alone because i won't respond to your treatment", i started to feel more competent in dealing with challenges. many of these sorts of things feel like they slip away and become less important, as though they can't really touch me anymore anyway - i expect them and even prevent them through anticipation, they don't come near me. i have confidence in the history of challenges i have been through as significant, and i feel like nothing much could really knock me down anymore. something could hurt me and take me a while to get over, but it couldn't knock me down to the point where i couldn't get back up. every time i meet a significant challenge i feel kind of like i'm made of pieces that deliquesce to absorb the impact but will come back together stronger and more integrated and more impervious. sorry i can't explain better.

No, that was clear. To me at least. Thank you for sharing this Invisible. :smile:

Reactions: invisible
independence in the sense that what everyone's doing doesn't seem as important to me as much it does others. i mean it does, just not as much. i thought this was an infj thing, then when i got here i realized just how many different types of infjs there are, so then i decided i had a mild case of aspergers for awhile but i don't think thats right either after i scored low on a test.

for now i've settled on an explanation within enneagram involving subtypes w different forms of security. i don't see it as worse or better, just different, and after a few turbulent teenage years i think i've finally wrapped my head around the idea that it's just who i am.

there are pros and cons to every trait, but this is one that helps me be creative and perservere despite whats going on in the world around me, so i'd havta say its my fav.