What would make the world a happier place? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What would make the world a happier place?

Generally speaking: love, meaningful work, and play.

Progressing towards what?

This is a good question, I used to love the picture Liberty Leading The People until someone asked the question using it as a visual reference Liberty Leading The People But To Where?

Oh Sprinkles, you're so naive. You don't just kill the unhappy and the causers of unhappiness; you kill everyone. No people, no unhappiness.

But I suppose Lark was looking for an idea that doesn't result in the extinction of the human race. So my other suggestion would be mandatory lobotomies.

:D

I see your logic, no, I'd not suggest for a moment that lobotomised individuals are happy in the terms under discussion, you could as easily say that with the spread of dementia we're all destined for happy end states anyway.

Neither is there any suggestion that happiness be the sole or only criterion for human life, elsewhere I think I wrote about experiencing sadness and expecting sadness and other difficult or challenging emotions as part of being, indeed that they can, properly understood as a state which is not permanent but only temporary and from which there can be relief, even if it is eventual rather than easy or immediate, be enriching of life.

However, considering, and I put this in the OP, that happiness is accepted as a worthwhile pursuit at all, then what makes for it and a happier world? Do you see what I'm meaning? There's of course questions to be asked about the first principles or assumptions in any discussion but without a certain acceptable axiomatic reasoning you cant have any discussion in the first place.

Bertrand Russell learned that when considering mathematics, his life's work to over turn axioms in the pursuit of rigour only resulted, eventually, and he acknowledged it as such, in some more valid axioms.

If psychotherapy was introduced during the pre adolescent stage, that could help.

Also effective contraception implants for everyone, male and female from ages 13-25.

It depends,
Happiness is dependent on each person, just as desires and passions are.
I guess recognizing what truly makes you happy and then going for it.

*Simply know who you are, rule yourself, and know where you're heading..

Last edited:
Via breakthroughs in neuroscience and surgical processes all the regions of the brain that allow us to feel sadness, disappointment, loss, envy, etc…shall subsequently be cauterized and desiccated with a laser operated by robotic assembly.

"you cannot selectively numb feelings... when we numb those, we numb joy, we numb gratitude, we numb happiness."
It's one of my fav ted talks, thought I'd share it.
[video=youtube;iCvmsMzlF7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvmsMzlF7o[/video]

"you cannot selectively numb feelings... when we numb those, we numb joy, we numb gratitude, we numb happiness."
It's one of my fav ted talks, thought I'd share it.
[video=youtube;iCvmsMzlF7o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvmsMzlF7o[/video]

Was sarcasm.
Good talk though.

What would make me happier today would be some cool t-shirt designs, does anyone know of any faux movie corporations designs or anything, I have an OCP, Cyberdyne and Nostromo ones lined up, Wayne Corporation? I dont like Stark Industries, dont like Marvel as much for some reason, or any good retrogaming designs? I got a Commodore 64 one lined up too.