What would make the world a happier place? | INFJ Forum

What would make the world a happier place?

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
I got the idea for this thread from the thread entitled "Would the world be a happier place if everyone were athiests?", that seems like a rhetorical question to me and the poster believes that it would be, so I thought maybe there's other things people think would make the world a happier place besides consensus with their opinions on religion or spirituality and wondered what they would be?

I am thinking here of less concrete things than the other thread in the politics forum dealing with social reforms, or perhaps I'm thinking of more philosophical and spiritual things than structural adjustments.

Want a logical and emotionless answer, since that seems to be the style lately and is what everyone seems to love and respect? Well here is one regardless.

Gather up the people that are the most unhappy and gas them.
Gather up the other people who caused the most unhappiness and execute them.
Take all the people who don't agree with this plan and launch them into the sun.

The remainder should be happy enough. If they know what's good for them.

Reactions: Skarekrow
Want a logical and emotionless answer, since that seems to be the style lately and is what everyone seems to love and respect? Well here is one regardless.

Take all the people who don't agree with this plan and launch them into the sun.

oh gosh, lol. When I read that I thought you where serious. Made me slightly afraid of you, haha.

My solution is to make ethics a mandatory class during middle school and high school. But more a loose version. Mostly just teach peoples to think what they are doing, why they are doing it, and is it something that should be done. I think that the biggest problem today is not enough people think.

oh gosh, lol. When I read that I thought you where serious. Made me slightly afraid of you, haha.

My solution is to make ethics a mandatory class during middle school and high school. But more a loose version. Mostly just teach peoples to think what they are doing, why they are doing it, and is it something that should be done. I think that the biggest problem today is not enough people think.

I am serious. Do you deny that this is a logically functional solution?

But really what I'm serious about is the fact that I resent apparently having to be overly proper and stuffed up and unemotive and completely rational like some kind of robot, because if I risk using a bit of flavor, spark, or zazz in my posts I end up with accusations of "lel y u so butthurt lel" and that makes ME unhappy.

If people want a robot though, I can play a really good one.

Consequentialism? Consequential thinking?

For humanity to be freed from its slavery

Free from all the bonds currently tying it into the system whether seen or unseen

We have two parts to our brain...the 'reptillian' part of the brain which is the oldest part. This part is concerned with territorial behaviours, competition and the flight or fight response. Overlaid on top of this was the mammalian part of the brain which is responsible for nurturing and cooperation

We live under a system that constantly seeks to lock everyone into reptillian thinking: competition, possessiveness, fear, stress etc

Think about it.....we live in a war economy, we are constantly afraid of not paying bills, or rents, constantly competing with others for work or job posts or partners. We are told we must POSSESS things for example land, material goods, status items etc. We build fences everywhere to mark our territory because that is the rules to the game we are all brought up in; the ideology of consumerism relies on making people feel insecure so that they buy more stuff. People are made to feel they have to live upto certain created standards producing stress and status anxiety.

Individuals compete in this system, corporations compete (except at the top where they merge known as 'consolidation') and countries compete

This reptillian brain thinking keeps everyone divided and competing with each other and struggling to constantly jump through hoops....but does it make people happy?

We need a change of system....to one which is more mammalian brain based....more cooperation, more nurturing, more sharing

This would relieve much of the stress, the flight or fight, the conflicts, the tensions, the uncertainty and so on which plague our societies.

This then brings us to the question of why that isn't happening

Anyone who studies the system finds out that there are people in the system who weild more power than others. These people shape and maintain the system. Its their system. They are locked into the reptillian mind and all of their behaviours are shaped by that. They build a world in their image. This is why we live in a war economy when the vasy majority of humans abhore war. This is why we are all constantly competing when it stresses most people out. This is why some people have all the wealth and many of the opportunites when others struggle to make ends meet.

Those people and the ways in which they influence the way people think is the major obstacle to human happiness

Many spiritual people will tell you to look within for your happiness but the inner and the outer are linked.

As Ghandi said: ''Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.''

So a happier world would be one where more people whould be able to do that....and that is not a reptillian world

Reactions: Skarekrow
Acts of kindness, generosity, social responsibility, expressions of appreciation and love - things like that. One act at a time. We can each do those things ourselves.

If everyone felt that they were loved by another.

Beneficial change for unrecognized and oppressed groups.

Maybe Happy shouldn't be the end goal,

No humans.

Via breakthroughs in neuroscience and surgical processes all the regions of the brain that allow us to feel sadness, disappointment, loss, envy, etc…shall subsequently be cauterized and desiccated with a laser operated by robotic assembly.

Oh Sprinkles, you're so naive. You don't just kill the unhappy and the causers of unhappiness; you kill everyone. No people, no unhappiness.

But I suppose Lark was looking for an idea that doesn't result in the extinction of the human race. So my other suggestion would be mandatory lobotomies.

Oh Sprinkles, you're so naive. You don't just kill the unhappy and the causers of unhappiness; you kill everyone. No people, no unhappiness.

But I suppose Lark was looking for an idea that doesn't result in the extinction of the human race. So my other suggestion would be mandatory lobotomies.

That was my first iteration but I realized no people, no worry about unhappiness. It eliminates the problem by making it irrelevant and defeating the purpose.

It's like destroying the planet to put out a fire. That's not a solution which intelligent robots would come up with.

Reactions: Lark