What topic are you least qualified to give advice about, and what is your advice on it? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What topic are you least qualified to give advice about, and what is your advice on it?

Thank you, Ian. You're so kind. <3

To be fair, because I equate authenticity with beauty, part of me thinks bedhead is the purest aesthetic expression, and every styling step undertaken becomes an element of artifice.

That part of me is my Fi. It is very useful, but FI’s direct output can seem like hyperbolic nonsense at times. :)

Cheers,
Ian

I think dating apps are far safer than meeting random people in a bar, or at the gym, college etc. I find it infinitely baffling when I tell older people about dating apps and they go, "Isn't that unsafe, meeting STRANGERS from the INTERNET?" It's way safer than just going out with whoever you run into on the street! With a dating app, you can talk anonymously for weeks before even exchanging phone numbers if you really want to vet the person.

The downside is, of course, that you are basically judged only on your photos, so dating apps cause much more uniform sorting by attractiveness tier than traditional dating did.
In all seriousness, I think the apps are primers for the actual dating game. I was raised with impossible standards about dating. Convention played a huge part into it. Dating apps diffused all that pressure for me. I realized that it doesn't have to be serious or that I don't have to take myself very seriously at all when meeting people. It isn't really a best pic forward sort of game; it doesn't have to be in my view. It's more "be as you are and see where it goes", which isn't a bad philosophy to abide by life, generally.

In all seriousness, I think the apps are primers for the actual dating game.

o05E9Oc.jpg

Cheers,
Ian