What makes you "relate" to other people? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What makes you "relate" to other people?

I can tell when I meet someone if they're going to have a significant role in my life. So far, I haven't been wrong about the degree of significance (though I have made assumptions about the timeframes here and there).

Same with me. I can tell in advance sometimes. But sometime, when I look back, I see that with someone was different from beginning. Before I for the first time saw person that had great influence on my life, I was very nervous. Without reason. Obvious one. I could have not know that that person will be so important, bit I acted as if I knew.

I don't know about that last bit. I guess certain people resonate better than others, but... maybe I just haven't met someone who's going to be of personal significance later on, yet :(

...on second thought, there's one or two, but I have yet to have that hunch confirmed.

In an offline setting, I typically click with people because we either share the same sense of humor, there's some kind of physical attraction, or we have a similar way of looking at the world/approaching problem solving. I typically click best with easy-going people; intense folks I can take in small doses or when I'm in the right mood.

Interestingly enough, this seems to be the opposite with people I've met online. I think its because you get to the root of the person much quicker online than you do in real life. It bothers me when I don't know what the other person's deal is and I don't know what strategy to adopt with them and intensity can be mistaken for many, many things in real life. Online, though, most people seem to be more comfortable to be themselves and you get to see another side of them that they normally wouldn't show if I met them face-to-face for the first time.

Perpetually easy-going folks online, on the other hand, tend to be chameleons. You don't know what the heck is going on with them because they're here to just have fun and laughing at the same meme isn't exactly that much of a bonding experience.

Hmm.

P.S: All Hail to The Discussion Queen, [MENTION=1669]Rite[/MENTION]!

Reactions: Gaze
If you're not full of shit, we'll connect / relate on some level. The amount of relating will vary as will the topic(s) involved, but it'll happen.

I relate to those who have a really good heart. It may be the way that they lend a hand to others, treat animals, or just be a good friend. I'm also drawn to those who think before they speak, and are considerate of their actions. I'm drawn to serious, quiet, philosophical types as well, because they are usually well-rooted, and think of the overal picture for the common good. Finally, I also like humorous, "happy" people. Even though we are not very alike, I admire their ability to make people feel good.

If you're not full of shit, we'll connect / relate on some level. The amount of relating will vary as will the topic(s) involved, but it'll happen.

Pretty much this one too.