Morethanthisbody

Regular Poster
Apr 8, 2013
MBTI
--
http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2012/08/american-writers-thesaurus-quiz/

images

Reactions: just me
[h=2]Game Over[/h]You’re an Ernest Hemingway. You chose clear and unflashy words that get right to the point. Other writers known for this style are George Orwell and Raymond Carver. Try your hand at a six-word memoir, consider a career in journalism, and maintain an active Twitter account.

[h=2]Game Over[/h]You’re an Ernest Hemingway. You chose clear and unflashy words that get right to the point. Other writers known for this style are George Orwell and Raymond Carver. Try your hand at a six-word memoir, consider a career in journalism, and maintain an active Twitter account."........................................No to Tweeting. Considered. A man with a good name.....................Thanks, though there were other word choices I would have used on several.

[h=2]Game Over[/h]You’re an Ernest Hemingway. You chose clear and unflashy words that get right to the point. Other writers known for this style are George Orwell and Raymond Carver. Try your hand at a six-word memoir, consider a career in journalism, and maintain an active Twitter account."........................................No to Tweeting. Considered. A man with a good name.....................Thanks, though there were other word choices I would have used on several.

i say no to tweeting too

You’re a Toni Morrison. You chose informal or slang words that indicate a preference for writing in the vernacular. Other novelists known for their informal prose are Mark Twain, Zora Neale Hurston, Harper Lee, and J.D. Salinger. If novel writing isn’t your cup of tea, dabble in some blogging or draft a dialogue-heavy script for film or television.

You’re a Toni Morrison. You chose informal or slang words that indicate a preference for writing in the vernacular. Other novelists known for their informal prose are Mark Twain, Zora Neale Hurston, Harper Lee, and J.D. Salinger. If novel writing isn’t your cup of tea, dabble in some blogging or draft a dialogue-heavy script for film or television.

Game Over Man, Game Over

You’re a Vladimir Nabokov. You chose esoteric and technical words that would drive most readers straight to their nearest dictionary. Other novelists known for their use of obscure or difficult language are Thomas Pynchon and Zadie Smith. A career in academia or science writing might suit your tastes.

You’re a William Faulkner. You chose flowery and formal words commonly used by literary novelists and poets. Other writers known for florid diction are F. Scott Fitzgerald, George Eliot, and Edgar Allan Poe. You dream of Nobel Prizes and National Book Awards every night.

You’re an Ernest Hemingway.

Didn't expect it, honestly. Feels like less than half the words I picked were of the simpler variety. I guess it's because I spread out my answers pretty evenly among the other three. I suspected, actually, that I might come out more akin to Nabokov, as I'm always trying to find precisely the right word for an idea.

Still, neat little test. I thought it interesting, anyway.

Game Over
You’re an Ernest Hemingway. You chose clear and unflashy words that get right to the point. Other writers known for this style are George Orwell and Raymond Carver. Try your hand at a six-word memoir, consider a career in journalism, and maintain an active Twitter account.

Hemingway. I like the comparison to Orwell, too.
I really cannot stand writing that goes overboard with fancy language and reads in no way similarly to conversation.

You’re a William Faulkner. You chose flowery and formal words commonly used by literary novelists and poets. Other writers known for florid diction are F. Scott Fitzgerald, George Eliot, and Edgar Allan Poe. You dream of Nobel Prizes and National Book Awards every night.