What it meant to you to discover that you're INFJ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What it meant to you to discover that you're INFJ?

When I learned about MBTI I didn't identify with INFJ at first. The first MBTI test I took I got INTP, but I've always had a vague sense of who I am, so I didn't think too much about it until I went to several MBTI groups and realized that I didn't relate to having Ne at all. Discovering about INFJ came later through intense research, and before that I looked at INFJ through the perspective of an outsider (which is funny in retrospective). INFJ means a lot to me because it's like finally my entire life makes sense, and that I have a reliable handbook of how to live and grow effectively. Over time, I can say it's still a part of me that is obsessed over the label, and the other part that is snarky and indifferent about it. Regardless, I think learning about my MBTI type has granted me tons of deeper self-understanding I never had in decades and I feel in debt to Myers-Briggs and Jung for that.

Hello there!
I was wondering... What it meant to you to discover your personality type? Would you describe it as a very important realisation or did it feel like something not so suprising because you've been already quite self-aware and taking the test just confirmed what you've already knew about yourself? Or maybe it doesn't matter that much (for any reason)?

Personally, I have to say that it was a really huge positive experience to discover that I am INFJ, because it gave me a sense of inner integration. I used to be not very sure how to view myself and I lacked a sense of self as a whole, feeling quite fragmented. But reading about my personality type helps me to see how all the aspect of myself are somehow related to each other, like puzzles that create a bigger picture. And it also helps me have more faith in me that maybe once I have more awareness about my strengths, weaknesses as well as prefered ways of thinking and doing things, then I can tailor a plan of personal progress to myself and become happier, more efficient and fulfilled.

I'd like to find out what it meant to you :biggrin:
I found all the pieces fitting and it was profound. I tended to feel that my sense of isolation was circumstantial. Now I realize that it's because I'm different. Yes, big picture.

Initially... Affirmation and categorization.

Currently... *shrugs shoulders* just humanity being humanity. *smile*

Reactions: Ginny and Wyote
Hello there!
I was wondering... What it meant to you to discover your personality type? Would you describe it as a very important realisation or did it feel like something not so suprising because you've been already quite self-aware and taking the test just confirmed what you've already knew about yourself? Or maybe it doesn't matter that much (for any reason)?

Personally, I have to say that it was a really huge positive experience to discover that I am INFJ, because it gave me a sense of inner integration. I used to be not very sure how to view myself and I lacked a sense of self as a whole, feeling quite fragmented. But reading about my personality type helps me to see how all the aspect of myself are somehow related to each other, like puzzles that create a bigger picture. And it also helps me have more faith in me that maybe once I have more awareness about my strengths, weaknesses as well as prefered ways of thinking and doing things, then I can tailor a plan of personal progress to myself and become happier, more efficient and fulfilled.

I'd like to find out what it meant to you :biggrin:

I am not sure how I came about the test.. I guess I felt like finding out why I was specifically so weird and different from others. I knew there was something "special" about me, and I say the word with a very broad meaning.

But it's sad feeling like you don't fit anywhere. You know there's this awesomeness inside you but you many times have no outlets. And it really sucks when you share that with the "wrong" people, even though it is our expectations and idealism that gets us up and down.

There's an embarassing memory I usually don't share but when I was a very young teenager I thought myself to be so good and pure that I was considering if I was Christ reincarnated and had to save mankind. Yeah, so it's a good thing this test came around and I got that settled hahah.

Yeah, so it's a good thing this test came around and I got that settled hahah.

Congrats on being Jesus. It's a hard life. Persecution is a real downer. But I'm Jesus too so you'll get none of that from me unless you're a dick.

jn02_15a.jpg

Reactions: noblebaka and Ginny