What is your impression? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What is your impression?

This looks like it could potentially be a very good artist's interpretation of the Tarot card "Ten of Cups".
I get the sense that there is some tension in the scene that is amplified because people have turned outward and are ignoring/avoiding their problems.

This is interesting indeed. I always get 50% N and 50% S on the MBTI tests I take. Although I did not write in bulletpoint (which I often do when making notes), I noticed that there was a mushroom table, counted fairies and flowers, saw the demon servers at the feast. There was a fairy angel/queen at the head of the mushroom table. There was obviously a celebration about to begin.

I loved the picture!

Fairies celebrating May Day summed it up for me. :)

I liked this exercise :)

If your very first impression was an interpretive one, you are probably an N type. The fact that you could just as quickly follow up with the details means you have a well developed Sensing ability as well. Without going into too much extrapolated detail, my guess is that you are an INFP or perhaps an ENFP.

Cool. You should post more of the exercises!

Does this make me an N for sure?! :)

I never had a doubt! :)

Unfortunately, this was the only S vs N exercise we did. Was it more fun to tell the picture's story or how it ties into understanding MBTI or both? I can try to find and post other interesting pictures for interpretation.

[MENTION=5437]Paladin-X[/MENTION] I have been getting ENTP results lately but the results are pretty 50/50 on all. I need a type already! :)

Anyhow, great exercise. Keep them coming! :)

I never had a doubt! :)

Unfortunately, this was the only S vs N exercise we did. Was it more fun to tell the picture's story or how it ties into understanding MBTI or both? I can try to find and post other interesting pictures for interpretation.

Telling the story was fun, but how it ties into understanding MBTI was the most fun. :D

Great thread.

[MENTION=5437]Paladin-X[/MENTION] I have been getting ENTP results lately but the results are pretty 50/50 on all. I need a type already! :)

Anyhow, great exercise. Keep them coming! :)

ENTP? Yuck! ;) Take it again and get a different result plz. j/k <3

I immediately thought of it as a metaphor for our vices serving our virtues (the prettiest, most delicate fairy is in the spotlight and at the head of the table as the Faerie Queen and all her other fairy subjects are in different positions of relaxed repose while being served by demonic-looking creatures. I associated the innocent, child-like fairies with innocence and virtues and the twisted, ugly faeries as the darker parts of ourselves). Once we get our daemons in check, we can behave in a civilized manner balanced by the light of reason and camaraderie with others. The harmonious arrangement of the setting of the thicket and floral motif (sexuality/lust), food (gluttony), beauty (vanity), round table (lack of pride) the fact that neither fairy his hoarding food (greed) happy faces (anger) reinforces this impression.

ENTP? Yuck! ;) Take it again and get a different result plz. j/k <3
[MENTION=4871]CindyLou[/MENTION]

LOL! I constantly get different results, don't worry :). I do know that I am a natural introvert (I have developed my extroverted side over the years to adapt to surroundings and situations) and as I mentioned, I am about 50/50 on all of them. It all depends on what a situation calls for and I bring that function forth. So I just might really be a hybrid :).

It was an exercise that I had to do in an MBTI class.

Sensing types tend to write in bulletpoint form and notice the details without interpretation (ie more likely to see a mushroom than a table) and might count the number of flowers or people and things like that.

Intuitives are more likely to interpret the picture and see fairies and creepy demons and a table in the centre for the feast. They are also more likely to write in sentences and will commonly use a title as well.

It was an interesting and fun exercise, regardless of the potential indications. I thought I'd share.

NOTE: It's based on observed tendencies, so it doesn't mean that if you chose to write in bullet points, you are a sensor necessarily. (Not that there is anything wrong with that. Sometimes I would love to be more detail-oriented and observant.)

I was going to say it was an Alice in Wonderland themed lesbian orgy. Why does that make me?

... A view into the life at the Kennedy Compound?

How many noticed the mushroom off the bat? Or did you see it as a table first, then notice that it was actually a mushroom?
i don't think i saw it as a mushroom right away, until after i had looked around it - into the 'denser' areas of the picture.