What is your impression? | INFJ Forum

What is your impression?

Paladin-X

Permanent Fixture
May 2, 2012
MBTI
XXXX
Step one: Get a pen(cil) and paper or open a word processing program.

Step two: Look at the picture below for about 30 seconds and write what you see.

Step three: Post what you wrote.

pic.png

hat with a thing on top of it that looks like the glass thing that covered the rose in beauty and the beast

angel fairy thing

hat with platter of food on it

thing with flower/mushroomy hat/head/hair

insect thing on the left

another insect thing on the right that has satan's face

food and stuff

flowers and stuff

some chick with super long hair and a flower hat

someone wearing a shirt made out of yellow peeps and a hat made out of meringue

-----

It was difficult to choose stuff, because... there was a lot going on in the picture, lol, but I just quickly chose whatevs. Can we do it a second time and get another 30 seconds to find/look at stuff? xD

The fairy goddess invited her friends to sit

they came with their beaus

everyone felt beautiful in the goddess's light

strange creatures attended them

a bird with luminous eyes

a monkey boy kinda sad

roots snake with sinew tension

the moment holds for all eternity

It’s a chaotic tea party! I’m thinking tea partying through tornadoes ;) The evil fairy demon has invited the girls with flower, table and bird cage hats for tea, fruit and wine and gets her slaves to serve them. There is a man proposing marriage in the lower right hand corner and two sisters huddling together at the table.
I see lots of wings…too many wings. I don’t like wings.

It’s a chaotic tea party! I’m thinking tea partying through tornadoes ;) The evil fairy demon has invited .............. gets her slaves to serve them. .

Now I know what I saw was true!

A fairy's birthday party. Not all of them want to be there, some of them have secrets. They know the party might end up bad. An elf on the right (who wears all yellow) looks pregnant to me.

Reactions: Lemonworld
The first thing that came to mind was fairies celebrating May Day. Don't ask me why! :)

faeries and angels and flowers and mushroom and fruit

Various colorful nymphs sitting together at a mushroom to enjoy a meal.

How many noticed the mushroom off the bat? Or did you see it as a table first, then notice that it was actually a mushroom?

How many noticed the mushroom off the bat? Or did you see it as a table first, then notice that it was actually a mushroom?
I noticed the mushroom right away. Why do you ask this? I saw it as a mushroom being used as a table.

Last edited by a moderator:

I never noticed it was a mushroom until you said something. I didn't even look at the table/mushroom.

I noticed the mushroom right away. Why do you ask this? I saw it as a mushroom being used as a table.

It was an exercise that I had to do in an MBTI class.

Sensing types tend to write in bulletpoint form and notice the details without interpretation (ie more likely to see a mushroom than a table) and might count the number of flowers or people and things like that.

Intuitives are more likely to interpret the picture and see fairies and creepy demons and a table in the centre for the feast. They are also more likely to write in sentences and will commonly use a title as well.

It was an interesting and fun exercise, regardless of the potential indications. I thought I'd share.

NOTE: It's based on observed tendencies, so it doesn't mean that if you chose to write in bullet points, you are a sensor necessarily. (Not that there is anything wrong with that. Sometimes I would love to be more detail-oriented and observant.)

Sensing types tend to write in bulletpoint form and notice the details without interpretation (ie more likely to see a mushroom than a table) and might count the number of flowers or people and things like that.

Intuitives are more likely to interpret the picture and see fairies and creepy demons and a table in the centre for the feast. They are also more likely to write in sentences and will commonly use a title as well.

It was an interesting and fun exercise, regardless of the potential indications. I thought I'd share.

NOTE: It's based on observed tendencies, so it doesn't mean that if you chose to write in bullet points, you are a sensor necessarily. (Not that there is anything wrong with that. Sometimes I would love to be more detail-oriented and observant.)

This is interesting indeed. I always get 50% N and 50% S on the MBTI tests I take. Although I did not write in bulletpoint (which I often do when making notes), I noticed that there was a mushroom table, counted fairies and flowers, saw the demon servers at the feast. There was a fairy angel/queen at the head of the mushroom table. There was obviously a celebration about to begin.

I loved the picture!

Fairies celebrating May Day summed it up for me. :)

I liked this exercise :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool. You should post more of the exercises!

Does this make me an N for sure?! :)

The Last Supper (lol) happening in a dark cave or cavern or the inside of a whale's stomach.

Monkeys and evil demons on either shoulder.

Sweet peas and a clam shell throne for the fairy princess.

Table made of Christmas shortbread.

The Last Supper (lol) happening in a dark cave or cavern or the inside of a whale's stomach.

Monkeys and evil demons on either shoulder.

Sweet peas and a clam shell throne for the fairy princess.

Table made of Christmas shortbread.

The Last Supper was my first original thought! How funny! :)

A Midsummer's Night Dream?..

The image seems to be a painting of some sort of ethereal feast with several heavenly, spiritual, or mythological creatures present. There seems to be an angel with it's wings outspread, three women whom light is shone upon to give a positive connotation to (one or two which seem to wear a crown or jewelery suggesting royalty or high status, and one or two slightly evil or demonic looking creatures (or decorations, i cannot be sure) in the background that are red, angular shaped, and have slanted eyes which further lend to the evil and distrustful sense about them.

The table appears to be long and gold coloured, although the texture hints more towards wood. It seems to be composed of several planks put together. There are what i thought looked like grapes in a fruit basket center on the table, as well as several dishes. There are what appear to be flowers, vases, and perhaps wine jugs/pottery in the foreground/front of the image.

The overall tone seems ethereal and awe-evoking in the center of the image, mostly created by the presence of the angel and her wings, as well as the use of light and gold colour in the image. There seems to be a hint of evil or foreboding in the background as the light seems to wane towards the outer edges of the image and and adopts more of a red tint as it shows some strange looking creatures or decorations at the back of the image.

ok, i got carried away. felt like an AP short answer. i guess i'll leave it be.

TL;DR - fancy looking feast of the gods, with some weird things at the back.