[INFJ] - What is the most intoxicating part of being an INFJ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] What is the most intoxicating part of being an INFJ?

Although my life seems to have been way (swear word) harder than what I can conceive to be necessary as my input has consistently been of an excellent, authentic standard. I have much to reflect on and these reflections contain a wisdom which nourishes me in the present and reaches out to even cleanse new situations, instantly. I just wish others did the same. The effort is worthwhile after all. All in all, I am intoxicated by knowing I am helping the world to evolve spiritually and enjoy the peaks of realisations very much.

The downside is a bit dark to reflect on. Most pertinent is that I can transmute darkness to light and this my legacy. Mostly, I don't want it but I have accepted it because of the value of the wisdom which is present. It is intoxicating but also suffocating until a particular level of freedom is attained but I enjoy viewing the freedoms and suffocation of others pretty equally and so can enjoy learning how to truly speak from my soul.

Also, sex is better when one is truly open.

Reactions: barbad0s
Being a perfectionist. When i went back to school at 30 I was so scarred I wouldnt be smart enough to get by. I was so obsessed I often would get 100% or close. I graduated with honours and even now once in a while I have a patient who asks me if I have special training...nope just a perfectionist.

Ugh, everybody is a perfectionist at something...

I thoroughly enjoy being able to see when someone is in love with someone else. It is like they have a neon sign to me even though others don't notice. On the flip side, I am beyond horrible at reading this for myself.

Reactions: bodhireagan
Although my life seems to have been way (swear word) harder than what I can conceive to be necessary as my input has consistently been of an excellent, authentic standard. I have much to reflect on and these reflections contain a wisdom which nourishes me in the present and reaches out to even cleanse new situations, instantly. I just wish others did the same. The effort is worthwhile after all. All in all, I am intoxicated by knowing I am helping the world to evolve spiritually and enjoy the peaks of realisations very much.

The downside is a bit dark to reflect on. Most pertinent is that I can transmute darkness to light and this my legacy. Mostly, I don't want it but I have accepted it because of the value of the wisdom which is present. It is intoxicating but also suffocating until a particular level of freedom is attained but I enjoy viewing the freedoms and suffocation of others pretty equally and so can enjoy learning how to truly speak from my soul.

Also, sex is better when one is truly open.

Its definitly is 4 sure.

Having the innate ability to complete other people's sentences and know their answers to your questions before they answer.

What I do enjoy most about being the type that I am? The ability to very quickly spot and synthesize patterns and abstractions into a comprehensive and holistic unit, and then apply it in the real world.

I agreed with much on this thread but this pretty much sums it up. Nothing more to add. :)

Oh that Ne block. Did anyone's eyes hurt after just glancing over at it? Obviously if Ne, you are either a very rare subtype, or a mistype. If you choose the latter, you are not a mistype. If you choose the former, you are in the right place. Unless I'm wrong. If you play upon my potential to be wrong, you better have good reason for it.

I forgot to answer the question. It isn't intoxicating. It sucks.

Feeling more aware of things; seeing past the superficial and trivial aspects of life and instead being able to appreciate its entirety.

What MarcoPollywog said: Seeing things as they really are.
The intensity of positive emotions can also be a good thing at times.

The most intoxicating part about being an INFJ is depth. INFJs have a hard time swimming in the shallow depths; we like to explore the depths of everything we come in contact with. Which makes us neurotic in our search for understanding and the need to reach deeper than what most are comfortable with.

The most intoxicating part about being an INFJ is depth. INFJs have a hard time swimming in the shallow depths; we like to explore the depths of everything we come in contact with. Which makes us neurotic in our search for understanding and the need to reach deeper than what most are comfortable with.

i agree. sometimes this can be a disadvantage too, making you feel like a nerd that doesn't fit in with anyone.

The deeper we go, the more difficult and lengthy it becomes to resurface.

I suppose the most intoxicating part of being an INFJ (for me, personally -- I do not speak for us all...) is that I don't need drugs or alcohol to feel intoxicated. The intensity of my emotions in their natural state mimics people on drugs or who are drunk. I don't always show this, but that's how I feel inside. I am not about to say that this is a good thing. In fact, overall, I would say that it's exhausting and pretty much sucks.

Last edited:
i agree. sometimes this can be a disadvantage too, making you feel like a nerd that doesn't fit in with anyone.

The desire to "fit" in is overrated and leads to low self esteem because if you are with the right group of people you shouldn't not have to try so hard to be accepted for what you are.

Reactions: j654dgj7
The deeper we go, the more difficult and lengthy it becomes to resurface.

Probably a sign that they were not ready to swim in the depths. In that case; stay on the surface for safety.

to me the infj's are the nerdy kids in high school that don't seem to fit in anywhere or with any one. they might know every set of lyrics that beyonce has ever sung, but they don't know what's on the next math quiz all that well. people assume that they're going to do amazing things, but the inner world of the infj isn't wired to fit in with success all that well.

spread out on the mass population the infj type is a niche, weirdo type that doesn't really matter all too much. it seems masturbatory to call it an intoxicating experience.

Vision, sight. You know, all that thing. Complexity; layers; meanings. Holistic, spiritual, etc.

It's not good or bad particularly but it's intoxicating all right and that feeling is where it starts becoming both good and bad.