What is TDHT's Enneagram Type? | INFJ Forum

What is TDHT's Enneagram Type?

Discussion in 'Enneagram' started by sassafras, Oct 25, 2010.

Share This Page

?
  1. 1w9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1w2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2w1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 2w3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 3w2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 3w4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4w3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 4w5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 5w4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 5w6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. 6w5

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  12. 6w7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. 7w6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. 7w8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. 8w7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. 8w9

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  17. 9w8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. 9w1

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by sassafras
  1. sassafras

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    I have to throw the friggin' book out the window. I have no clue, so I'm going to appeal to the boards. (It's that time of year again!)

In your opinion, what enneagram type do I come across as? If you have explanations to back up your reasoning, I'd love to hear it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KazeCraven

KazeCraven Graduated from Typology : May 2011
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    IEI
    Enneagram:
    6w5 sp/sx
    Thinking back, 6w5 comes to mind.

I think this is more due to feeling that most of the other types are 'off' rather than type 6 being a good fit. (Sorry, INTP-style thinking.) See, you
    1: don't seem to be very self-critical and concerned with 'rightness'
    2: are helpful, but not overly so
    3: don't seem particularly driven to make a name for yourself
    4: not drawn to melancholy, IIRC, and not attached to identity (as an outsider or through feelings)
    5: you're not a detached observer are you? You seem to like to get clear about things, but aren't driven to relate through areas of expertise.
    6: :)
    7: ehh, I see 7's as being all over the place and carefree; which isn't really what I see in you
    8: this one's pretty close too, but I don't think you are as 'present' as a type 8, if that makes any sense
    9: you have a bit of difficulty seeing yourself, I think (not just here; your blog too), but you tend to speak your mind; 9's are much more serene

Ok, now that I've let my initial judgment sit a bit as I went through these other ones, I think 6w5 is the best fit because you have mentioned having lots of thoughts about what you should be doing, IIRC, and aren't so assertive and in-touch with your instincts that you can just do things and see where they lead. I think I saw a bit of self-doubt while reading your blog a while back too. On the other hand, I know you said you look to yourself for guidance, which is characteristic of 6w5 over 6w7. The pessimism that colors type 6 descriptions makes me think I've missed something though.

Hope that helps. Would love to discuss this further if you think I've misread you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 KazeCraven, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  3. bagelriffic

bagelriffic Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    5 sx
    voted nine but i don't really know enough to back that up, forum posts are such a slippery slope in terms of typing someone, mbti or enneagram bc its so easy to represent another image. IM's and questions are the only way i feel comfortable enough to diagnose someone adequately through the internet, and i doubt most are comfortable enough to answer em.

4. Tulip

Tulip Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Exempted
    Enneagram:
    Type me
    TDHT, you kind of vibe 3-6-1 to me.

For now my rough estimation based on my impression of you is 3w2-6w5-1w9 so/sx, subject to change if further information comes into light.

:m093:

5. 88chaz88

88chaz88 Back for a limited time only
    Retired Staff

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    ????
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    The triad is actually 3-6-9.

6. Tulip

Tulip Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Exempted
    Enneagram:
    Type me
    I was referring to her trifix or tritype whatever you like to call it.

:typing:

7. OP
    sassafras

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    [MENTION=1516]KazeCraven[/MENTION]

Yeah, it's annoying when you can't pin yourself down, isn't it? I'm not sure I'm prepared to take 6w5 just because I don't fit the other descriptions as well.... then again, I haven't been able to find a decent 6w5 description to really rule that out as a possibility one way or another. The one description I found that was longer than a sentence or two was more concerned with the aesthetics and appearance (a 6w5 being the most attractive of all enneagram types, whoopdeedoo) which kind of made me get all narcissistic rather than enlightened about what a type 6w5 is like. If you have a description of that particular wing description, that would be awesome.

In some respects, a type six does fit me. I do have a lot of that type six ambivalence. I see things from multiple perspectives and can be both meek and terribly assertive at the same time. I don't quite fit the description for either counter-phobic or phobic. I'm probably more in-between.

I appreciate your input and I do agree, it is tough to discern someone's type based on text. Thank you for taking the time to vote and give your honest opinion, [MENTION=2263]bagelriffic[/MENTION].

[MENTION=1601]Tulip[/MENTION]

You know I'm going to nudge you and ask you to explain, right ;)

Thank you for taking the time to vote and post your thoughts, guys!

8. KazeCraven

KazeCraven Graduated from Typology : May 2011
    Donor

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    IEI
    Enneagram:
    6w5 sp/sx
    Yeah, an inverse identification is pretty unsatisfying. If you haven't already, you might want to also look from the perspective of what you think your biggest pitfall is. For 6's the main one is seeking certainty, particularly as it relates to security for the future. In contrast, a 3's is equating their personal value with their level of success, a 9's is sweeping their own desires away to go along with others, and a 5's is substituting the real world for their mental world.

Here's a description of 6w5:

And, since Tulip suggested it and I think it's a good alternative, here's 3w2:

I couldn't find a copy of the 3w2 description in my Personality Types book, but this link should let you see it.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=pm... subtype wish to convince themselves"&f=false

9. Tulip

Tulip Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Exempted
    Enneagram:
    Type me
    The avatars that you have chosen, the choice of statements that you have used under your user name...such as "Always winning", etc...and the photos you posted of yourself all give a strong impression of image triad - Type 3.