What form does happieness take for you? | INFJ Forum

What form does happieness take for you?

Russ84

Community Member
Jun 18, 2010
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Sex aside, what types of things have people done for you (or you have done for someone else) that has given you complete bliss?

I don't know if those types of things represent absolute happiness to me, but it makes me very happy to be in the company of my family under ideal conditions, spending happy time with them. Same thing for friends.

I really love it when I can help someone out, whether it's giving them advice and them following it and benefiting from it, or the knowledge that they benefited from something I did. Although I have noticed that I can be very selfish and arrogant with this sometimes. If someone does not follow my advice and goes on thinking the problem was solved when I can see it wasn't, I'll be stubborn and won't be happy for them. Also, if they refuse my advice I become resentful and bitter about it.

But getting back to your core question, I also like it when someone I know and care about is able to give me advice or lend a helping hand, and it really helps me or shows me they care. This makes me feel that I have a strong bond with the person and they are someone I can trust. Trust is a hard thing for me, so it truly makes me feel bliss when I'm in a situation, receive aid that really DOES something, and we can establish a connection off this.

I enjoy making people stronger; encouraging them and pushing them to believe in themselves. I think most people drastically underestimate their potential and worth and it's awesome to see them become aware of it. When I can be a part of that, there is bliss.

Reactions: Gaze
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iK9PLdVXK4"]YouTube - Happiness - You Are A Good Man Charlie Brown[/ame]

Nothing like complete bliss before. Alas, I have never not yet loved nor have I confronted the blue eyed beast that inhabits my soul and causes it to ache as the bee yearns for pollen. (Ok, I freewheeled that one so it pry don't make no sense.)

One time when my cousin took me on a diving trip, A couple of seals started to circle around me, I felt so Paranoid and alive, they were So gracefull and powerfull and for the first time it really made me appreciate nature.

Reactions: Gaze
being calm inside . . . imagining being alone by the beach, looking at the ocean, just breathing deeply while watching waters beneath the sunset . . .

I'm happiest when I forget myself and become immersed in an idea or a beautiful thing and, when I have trusted friends with whom I can share these things as if they're a precious secret.