What does it mean to you to have a soul? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What does it mean to you to have a soul?

If I ask myself if I have a soul, I find the answer is yes and that I know what it is. That is to say, it is not how I feel after eating breakfast, nor the soreness in my thighs, nor is it my ability to add. If you want to say I am comprised of my body, my feelings and my thoughts, then my soul is another one of the things I am comprised of, and it is distinct from the other three.

I have a cousin who is brain damaged, coming out of a coma. It was him I thought of when I read this question. Absent his ability to move, speak, or emote when he was in a coma, I believe his soul spoke out and asked to be given a chance. In those quiet empty hours of watching him, I don’t know why, but I came to believe that he was there, in that inert body of his.

Reactions: John K and Wyote
I guess my opinion won't matter anymore. I am more entertained with all that you shared. Such a great discussion.

I do not believe in a permanent soul, rather, I believe that each person is already Awakened.
I guess my opinion won't matter anymore. I am more entertained with all that you shared. Such a great discussion.

giphy.gif

Reactions: John K