What do you think of Windows 7? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What do you think of Windows 7?

I heard that every time you start Windows RG, an animal somewhere dies

Heh.

I've had every Windows program ever made. And (here's dating myself): I started with MS-DOS.

Whoo-hoo, dual floppy disk drive system! 256kb! 14.4 baud rates, baybeeee! Gopher! BBS! Infocom games!

We're cruisin' now...:m129::mhula:

I started out with DOS (probably 3.3 or 4) when I was about 3, and we finally got a computer capable of running Windows 3.11 when I was in the first grade. I've used most iterations of Windows pretty extensively.

My impression of Windows 7 is that it is the leap Vista was supposed to be. It runs beautifully on everything I've tried it on, including my netbook, and it's incredibly stable. I get better battery life as compared to XP, and performance with casual use is at least as good, if not better.

It's also super easy to get. I have two RTM keys and an Ultimate disc, none of which I paid for. All are legal, however. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I started out with a C64 too. I banged around on the CLI for a bit and ran lots of programs, however I have to say that my favorite was called GEOS. It was a desktop operating system that ran from a disk, and I had more fun using that then I ever did using Windows 3.1

I torrented the RTM7600 build, which is (allegedly) the release build.
Installed it in VirtualBox to monkey around a bit, and to test things before moving to phase 2 (installing it as my main OS, migrating files, etc..).
Found some 1337 hax that enabled me to pass verification.

I now have a permanently valid installation of Windows 7, thanks to Microsoft's silly reliance on SLIC OEM license activation.

The GUI is pretty nice, and though it will take a bit of getting used to, I think I will be very happy with it.
Even gadgets, a feature that I assumed would at best annoy me, I'm finding fairly novel.

Even behind the virtualization and 1.5gb RAM limit (half of my actual RAM), this thing flies.
Performance is great, and boot-up/shut-down times are equally great.

I'm looking forward to installing the real deal, and seeing how DX11 works with my new ATI card.
I'm also still on the fence as to x86 vs. x64.
I have a 64-bit processor, so I feel like I'm not putting it to it's full use...
And supposedly, 64/32-bit compatibility issues with the Windows NT kernel are history now.

Last edited:
Don't forget Windows BoB. Bill Gates' wife had a hand in designing it. The search dog in Windows XP is based on this. The OS was a total flop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Bob

msBob.jpg

Last edited:
A... dog...? Really? I remember a stupid talking paper clip at one point, don't know what edition of Windows that was.

twas office

twas? :D

I'm pretty sure no one in the entire world liked it, even the relatively un-savvy ones. Bill Gates trying for cuteness... It's just.... wrong. We're on Vista now, not that I have any say in the matter, but at least it works and doesn't have any dogs or paper clips.

A... dog...? Really? I remember a stupid talking paper clip at one point, don't know what edition of Windows that was.

Pretty sure his wife had a hand in designing all those annoying cartoony things, lol.

That's strange. If I were married to a bajillionaire, I would not want to start messing around with his business. Um, you know ahat I mean. Stick to philantrophy and stuff like that. I do not understand the Yoko syndrome.

That's strange. If I were married to a bajillionaire, I would not want to start messing around with his business. Um, you know ahat I mean. Stick to philantrophy and stuff like that. I do not understand the Yoko syndrome.

Welcome to the geeky romance story, LOL.

twas? :D

I'm pretty sure no one in the entire world liked it, even the relatively un-savvy ones. Bill Gates trying for cuteness... It's just.... wrong. We're on Vista now, not that I have any say in the matter, but at least it works and doesn't have any dogs or paper clips.

Oh C'MON!!! You know you miss the paperclip!!!

paperclip_suicide.jpg

Oh, you know I cannot as an INFJ be impartial and non-intense about things, and I HATE THAT STUPID PAPERCLIP. I WANT TO HIT THE PAPERCLIP. I WANT THE PAPERCLIP TO DIIIIIIIEE.

Actually, I get that feeling a lot when working in Office. Hm.

Oh, you know I cannot as an INFJ be impartial and non-intense about things, and I HATE THAT STUPID PAPERCLIP. I WANT TO HIT THE PAPERCLIP. I WANT THE PAPERCLIP TO DIIIIIIIEE.

Actually, I get that feeling a lot when working in Office. Hm.

AAHHH JANET IS PISSED RUUUUUN!