What do you think of when you hear the term survivalist? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What do you think of when you hear the term survivalist?

Personally i'd also be advising anyone who has spare money to invest in gold and silver (held physically and NOT kept in the banking system) but then that would mark me out as an 'extremist' under FBI guidelines as to their paymasters (the FED) paper money is king

If you're preparing for a post-society world, blowing all your money on heavy metals isn't going to help you. Nobody will give a shit about how much gold you have when all they want to do is kill you for your land and food.

@muir

Moreover if one learns survival skills they can be mobile and they don't necessarily have to chant for bread or worry about their food being stolen.

If you are mobile during a period of unrest then you are exposing yourself to chaos (unpredictability)

What preppers and survivalists are preparing themselves for is not some minor crisis...they are preparing for a full break down of the system as you know it

They're not the only ones either...if you look at big money many billionaires are buying up large tracts of fertile land in places of low population density; if the shit hits the fan they fly there and live off the agricultural proceeeds of the land

The old money aristocracy of europe have maintained their wealth through wars and revolutions through 3 ways: gold, art and land

When the front on a war gets near to their property they have their art packed off to safe countries along with their gold (eg nuetral places like switzerland) and they pack up their deeds to their land in a secure case and off they go. After the war is over they return to their lands prove ownership through the deeds and ship their art back to their home

The rothschilds who are the most successful bankers in europe control the gold market because frankly thats whats really important...gold is money and has always been money. Paper on the other hand just pretends to be money

If you have a massive food stockpile that is just asking for the unprepared to come stealing and if you have no skills then you'll be stuck defending your food pile.

Some people seem to have this illusion of preppers as being a weak target but they're wrong

Put yourself in the prepper mindset...this is a mindset that doesn't trust the government and believes that the social fabric is going to disintegrate into lawlessness; you think someone who thinks like that just buys some tins of baked beans and then sits back?

No...they are themselves and they prepare to fortify their home and mentally they are prepared for whats coming which means when it happens they don't dither they act...which includes blowing the heads off intruders

That's choosing to back yourself into a corner, especially in an urban setting.

If a person has been sensible then they haven't told anyone they have a stash

If a scavenger comes trying to break into that persons home they are going into an unknown situation. In military terms when you want to capture a fortified position you are supposed to have at least a 3-1 advantage but usually you require more because basically you are going to take casualties

The reason for this is the intruder knows nothing about what lies beyond the door they are breaking into but the prepper knows the layout of the house/appartment and will hear the intruder breaking through the fortifications. This means the intruder who has no idea of how many guns are trained on them as they break in is going to be met with a wall of lead...that's the reality of trying to steal from a prepper

If you know how to get food off the land then you don't have to worry as much about defending your cache with your life. But if things get as bad as you say and your cache is the only thing saving you then it'd be your own fault that you stuck yourself in a hot zone and can't leave it. It'd be your own fault that your last resort is to fight off looters because it could be avoided by not depending on stockpiles which must be guarded and probably can't easily be moved.

Most urbanites would feel incredibly vulnerable in the countryside and might even have friend so family they want to keep contact with in their area

If they have a stockpile they can hunker down and wait for order to be restored again...which it owuld one way or anther

In the US war of independance it was the people who restored order not the government (who were kicked out)

@muir

Also a person who is hungry and desperate enough to attack has nothing to lose and if you have all the food, you have a lot to lose, and if you even get injured you're going to have problems surviving. Having guns doesn't make you fucking Rambo - we're still mortal humans.

If your home is fortified its going to hard for an intruder to break in

if they don't know you have a stash then they will have to weigh up whether trying to force their way in is worth whatever might be inside

If they meet determined resistance then they might go looking for softer targets

The first indication they might have that there is even anyone in the property is a bullet in the temple

I think of someone who has an interesting and extreme hobby exploring a skill set that has been rendered relatively obsolete in today's society and someone who I'd like to be friends with if there was ever a zombie apocalypse. :p

Whatever their reasons for preparing themselves, though, whether they're right or wrong in their predictions, I don't think it's really all that stupid of an idea to know how to take care of yourself when you don't have the luxury of a grocery store down the street and all the trappings of a modern living. We might not get an apocalypse like in the movies, but a war or a natural disaster isn't all that far-fetched a thing to contend with.

I'm with @sprinkles on this one. Food stores won't really do you much good as much as having basic survival training.

Hell, I think of myself and this one time I was present when my aunt decided to make us all a fresh chicken dinner out in the country---and I mean *fresh*--- and the horror I felt when she brought the kill back and asked me to help her pluck the feathers. I just know I'd be the most incompetent hunter; I can't imagine being in a situation where I would have to hunt down and skin a rabbit...

Don't hunt them, trap them

[MENTION=1871]muir[/MENTION]

Scavengers aren't military. Scavengers don't give a fuck. Scavengers will loot random homes regardless of who is there.

I've lived among the crackheads. Desperate people will break in while you are at home sitting there with guns. They do not give a fuck. Not to mention if they have a few guns of their own, or are maybe a fire bug.

If your home is fortified its going to hard for an intruder to break in

if they don't know you have a stash then they will have to weigh up whether trying to force their way in is worth whatever might be inside

If they meet determined resistance then they might go looking for softer targets

The first indication they might have that there is even anyone in the property is a bullet in the temple

Now you're talking some Hollywood bullshit.

If you're preparing for a post-society world, blowing all your money on heavy metals isn't going to help you. Nobody will give a shit about how much gold you have when all they want to do is kill you for your land and food.

Are you asking me personally what i'd prepare for?

If you look at the global economy then the chinese and the russians are stocking up on gold

At the same time they are telling their allies around the world to 'de-dollarise' which means that everyone should stop using the dollar as the worlds reserve currency

A bank has been created in china to handle foreign trade in non dollar currencies and many countries are now trading oil in non dollar currencies

The US in reply has got its client state Saudi Arabia to sell oil dirt cheap to try and put pressure on the russian economy (40% of their economy is oil and gas)

The whole crisis in ukraine and syria is really about access to pipelines of gas and oil. By grabbing the crimea russia was able to stymy the US attempt to control the pipelines in that region; in effect by supporting the facist coup in Ukraine the US forced the hands of the russians who quite reasonable see those ex USSR countries as its back yard...it would be like russia meddling in mexico!)

So oil is still where its at and oil has been traded for a long time in petro-dollars but the world has got sick of havign the US dollar as the worlds reserve currency because what the US has done with that advantage is use its ability to print money to basically create a massive military which it has used to create a US empire around the world with US military bases everywhere (they've encircled russis and china)

So people are fed up and ditching the dollar and their dollar reserves

Those reserves will then flow back to the US creating hyper-inflation. Hyper-inflation will wipe out peoples paper money savings overnight (just like weimar germany before WW2)

Paper money will become worthless. Peoples savings in the bank will be useless

Gold on the other hand will hold value

The rest of the world meanwhile will continue trading in gold. A lot of countries eg Iran are now trading oil for gold

Many countries eg germany and venzuala have asked for their gold back from the US who has been holding it since world war 2

You can still buy a suit and shoes today for the same amount of gold you could buy a toga and sandals for 2000 years ago. Gold holds its value

The big holder of gold in the west is the IMF who have created their own currency called 'special drawing rights' which might be pushed forward by the globalists when the dollar collapses as a replacement

Basically everytime there is a crisis whether it was the Great depression or the first or second world war the globalist bankers who control the IMF and world bank have used the crisis as a justification to centralise their power even further hence the creation of increasingly globalised infrastructure such as the IMF, the world bank, the league of nations and the United Nations

The next crisis will be no exception except this time they will seek to unify all western power under one government (a 'new world order')

This is why they have been undermining the US constitution and militarising the police. They are preparing for a breakdown of the economy and with it civil unrest and then to institute a new form of government; this attempt to destroy the US constitution will be very messy with a lot of civil unrest

The US paper money system is also a debt based system. Money is created through giving out loans because the banks who loan out the money only hold a fraction of the amount loaned out on deposit. this is called 'fractional reserve banking' and to the average person on the street would appear to be exactly what it is which is a giant swindle! (like a stage magic trick creating a rabbit out of a hat!)

With every dollar that is created interest is owed so as more money is printed the debt ceiling must go up. This is a ponzi scheme and at some point all ponzi schemes collapse under their own weight

To those in the know it is not a case of whether or not the US paper money system will collapse it is a question of when (but the US empire is not going away gracefully)

Last edited:
@muir

Scavengers aren't military. Scavengers don't give a fuck. Scavengers will loot random homes regardless of who is there.

I've lived among the crackheads. Desperate people will break in while you are at home sitting there with guns. They do not give a fuck. Not to mention if they have a few guns of their own, or are maybe a fire bug.

And they'll die doing it

Now you're talking some Hollywood bullshit.

Not really

if you are a prepper sitting in an appartment you won't just put your chain on your door, you'll blockade it

By the time someone gets through that you'll be ready and they will meet a hail of bullets

if there are any survivors of the opening salvo they might decide that its not worth their while to try and force entry

Last edited:
Not really

if you are a perpper sitting in an appartment you won't just put your chain on your door, you'll blockade it

By the time someone gets through that you'll be ready and they will meet a hail of bullets

if there are any survivors of the opening salvo they might decide that its not worth their while to try and force entry

Holding out in an apartment? LOL please. Apartments are deathtraps. All it takes is a fire, or some stray bullets.

Edit:
It's especially bad considering that apartment buildings are already fire prone when emergency services are in operation.

Last edited:
Holding out in an apartment? LOL please. Apartments are deathtraps. All it takes is a fire, or some stray bullets.

Edit:
It's especially bad considering that apartment buildings are already fire prone when emergency services are in operation.

I mention appartments because many people in urban environments live in appartments

Scroungers have nothing to gain by burning down appartments; if they do that they destroy whatevers inside

Appartments can even work together to form a unified defence

If there was a breakdown of law and order and martial law was declared how long do you think it would take for order to be restored?

I mention appartments because many people in urban environments live in appartments

Scroungers have nothing to gain by burning down appartments; if they do that they destroy whatevers inside

Appartments can even work together to form a unified defence

If there was a breakdown of law and order and martial law was declared how long do you think it would take for order to be restored?

Rioters have nothing to gain by burning down the city but they still fucking do it.

I lived in urban slums. Fire is a problem because random people do stupid shit and start fires. That's how it is when there ISN'T a crisis. Not to mention that many apartments have poor building codes and safety standards already and are fire prone under normal conditions simply by accident.

If there's chaos, an apartment is the last place I'd want to be. They'd probably be some of the first places hit.

words words words

So China is going to, for some reason, want the social and economic wasteland of post-breakdown America, and somehow consider it a worthy investment in their currently-feeble navy to transport troops across the ocean to fight a bunch of armed, possibly starving, definitely angry Americans?

Or are you suggesting that Americans should swim across the Pacific with their 500 pounds of gold and silver?

So China is going to, for some reason, want the social and economic wasteland of post-breakdown America, and somehow consider it a worthy investment in their currently-feeble navy to transport troops across the ocean to fight a bunch of armed, possibly starving, definitely angry Americans?

No the US has been surrounding china with military bases and has been pushing a star wars project in space which is a nuclear missile sheild which represents an escalation in the arms race

Meanwhile some strategists in washington have been saying they think they can win a nuclear war against russia and china if they pre-emptively strike

Then the US has been behaving aggressively around the world by invading and occupying countries whilst destabilising others

if the US did not have the advantage of the dollar as the worlds reserve currency it would have gone broke by now because it doesn't produce anything

So the world (ie the vast majority of human beings who are not in the US controlled 'west') have basically grown sick and tired of watching the US military rampaging around the world causing death and destruction whislt threatening people with nuclear destruction so they have decided that they'd like to make the global economy a bit fairer

Or are you suggesting that Americans should swim across the Pacific with their 500 pounds of gold and silver?

No i'd suggest that US americans take a good look at who is really controlling their country and why they might be sabotaging its economy and using its military to fight corporate wars around the world that often benefit israel

Once they figure that out then they are well on their way to restoring some sanity and stability to their country

Sadly i don't think they'll do it before the collapse which is why i think preparations are a good idea

Concerning gold you can still trade using the internet and crypto currencies even in exchange for gold

Rioters have nothing to gain by burning down the city but they still fucking do it.

Well first off you don't know how many of those fires were started by residents of fergusson and how many were started by outsiders coming in either to stir up trouble or as agent provocateurs whether paid or otherwise

But the motivations behind rioting and looting are different

Rioting is anger but looting is hunger

I lived in urban slums. Fire is a problem because random people do stupid shit and start fires. That's how it is when there ISN'T a crisis. Not to mention that many apartments have poor building codes and safety standards already and are fire prone under normal conditions simply by accident.

If there's chaos, an apartment is the last place I'd want to be. They'd probably be some of the first places hit.

So don't hang out in an appartment block...i won't be

But the fact remians that in urban settings that's what many peoples shelter is

Unified community defence forces can also perform fire fighting duties which is what they did before fthe fire service existed

words words words irrelevant shit

Concerning gold you can still trade using the internet and crypto currencies even in exchange for gold

if the post offices ain't open, the mail ain't getting there

And they'll die doing it

So if someone tries to take something that is yours (food, shelter, your GUN, etc.) then you feel you have the right to shoot them dead (especially in such a stressful situation)? Killing another human being is a-OK in this scenario?

Don't you think you should consider other options? Do you have to kill them? I mean, if you are going to go through all of that planning to survive when shtf then you could probably plan out a way to capture these people instead of murdering them, right?

To shoot someone down like that in cold-blood without first understanding his situation just seems cruel. What if he had a family to feed? What if he had mental issues and was out of meds, therefore, causing him to lose it? What if he felt oppressed over difficulties he encountered throughout his life, making him feel that if he wanted something, he needed to take it with force instead of approaching it the right way (something that never worked for him)?

Don't you think every person deserves more than that?

Or, in those few stressful and out of control minutes, is it just about your problems and your survival?

Last edited:
Well first off you don;t know how many of those fires were started by residents of fergusson and how many were started by outsiders coming in either to stir up trouble or as agent provocateurs whether paid or otherwise

But the motivations behind rioting and looting are different

Rioting is anger but looting is hunger

So don't hang out in an appartment block...i won't be

But the fact remians that in urban settings that's what many people shelter is

Unified community defence forces can also perform fire fighting duties which is what they did before fthe fire service existed

If you can depend on unified communities then you don't have to fucking hoard six months of food and guard it with a fortress and a shotgun now do you.

People make no sense and do stupid shit which can make urban areas unsafe and a crisis situation does not improve this. End of.

if the post offices ain't open, the mail ain't getting there

You can trade gold direct for food and other supplies

Imo its about having something to trade

You can trade tangible assets and sometimes even your labour

If you're talking about a total breakdown in law and order then food, bullets, medicines are going to be the order of the day

If you can depend on unified communities then you don't have to fucking hoard six months of food and guard it with a fortress and a shotgun now do you.

It really depends on the situation you are preparing for

So in weimar gemrnay for example when peoples savings were wiped out overnight by hyper inflation people didn't start attacking each other and burning down appartment blocks

Lfe goes on but peoples priorities change back to the essentials

If you're talking about a breakdown of law and order then food stocks will serve you well as would good relation with your community

People make no sense and do stupid shit which can make urban areas unsafe and a crisis situation does not improve this. End of.

If your 'crisis situation' is food shortages then you're looking at food riots as people raid stores; law enforcement would be given martial law powers but the crush would be over pretty quikly as the shops emptied