What do you think in? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What do you think in?

Oh gosh. It just sort of happens. Pictures, really. Or super short clips of movie-memories with sound. It's not like I consciously can see my thoughts. It just happens. I see the result, I see the basic process. But I can't trace how I got from A to Z. It's just I started at A, made a stop at L, and ended at Z.

I'll edit this later. I just don't know right now.

Yes. I hear my own voice when forming thoughts I wish to express out loud, but I edit them vigorously.

Images, sounds, emotions...it depends on the subject.

My thoughts jump from connection to connection,
involving memories, and are easily interrupted unless
I apply intense focus. Writing them out helps me
to sort through them and clarify them in a more orderly fashion.

Words and concepts, unless I'm imagining something in particular.

When I remember past interactions, sometimes I forget the words--but I can always remember expressions, gestures, scenery--images.

I spend a lot of time remembering, or making it up. And most of the time, there aren't many words being said----but there might be a song playing in the background (yes in my thoughts).

It's intresting.

I think in abstract concepts (ie. detached from sensory association), using very minimal verbal or visual cues as "holding points" to pin the concept down as a distinct thing.

Much of my thinking is about classifying/categorising concepts and establishing real/possible connections between them.

I think in abstract concepts (ie. detached from sensory association), using very minimal verbal or visual cues as "holding points" to pin the concept down as a distinct thing.

Much of my thinking is about classifying/categorising concepts and establishing real/possible connections between them.

Ditto. I also tend to think in words, usually written, and in sound - music, really. Tones and pitch.

Sound (words) and music. I pay attention to people's tone of voice. I also remember series of emotions, sometimes disconnected from context.

sound all the way. I dream in sound, think in it and there's always music floating round in my head.

i'm an expert on tone and emotion, and almost noone can lie to me.

sound. . music. . gestures. . feelings. . abstract ideas . .

I think in ice creams. If somebody explains a concept I have to think of how that relates to ice cream.

Reactions: kucala
I think in English. If I'm teasing/flirting I think in Patois then I translate to English so half the time I don't even bother because so much is not easily translatable. I would also agree with [MENTION=3454]DrShephard[/MENTION] about if-then statements as demonstrated by the preceeding.

I think in movements, motions, waves

If we're talking about activating schema here, music is a big part, as well as things being like snippets from a hazy grainy film, kind of a flow of symbols and ideas, a concept map of the world around me, the interconnectedness of everything.

I think in words and pictures. Just words are for the more boring routine stuff. When I think about something really engaging or am having ideas and planning things pictures just flash by and I dont need words to get it.