What do you hope to accomplish by the end of this year

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What do you hope to accomplish by the end of this year

Last edited:
One would have to define douche-baggery first...

Title of thread changed to something more positive :)

I would like to submit my graduate application, complete at least 10 books from a my theory reading list, regain some sanity and feel more at ease.

relocated. . and a new job. . (yeah, there's more to it than that)

By the end of the 2011 year or the school year? Or could I answer for both?

I usually refrain from making time-sensitive goals - it is better to become the change instead of pressuring it into temporary existence - but overcoming my mathematical ineptitude by the end of this year would be good. Small, small mistakes and misunderstandings create explosions of shame and frustration. Passing the AP Calculus exam would be a lovely ending for my high school career.

Reactions: jyrffw54
Graduate from college and move to a different city.

Hope to have moved out, lost a couple pounds, and gotten back on track with school by then. Maybe even a job.

learn how to cook a few more dishes, finish reading three books ive started and start a few more and gain 4 pounds

I remember what my new year's resolution was for last year: "to see someone I miss and haven't seen in a long time." That didn't happen.

I think "to just make it to the end of the gawdamm year" is ambition enough for me this year.

Get a job
Lose weight
Be less depressed

Finish 6 classes with excellent grades, apply successfully to an academic program, start a small business, spend as much time as possible near the ocean.

Continue being my usual trusting self. Regardless of any/all hardships I've been assigned. :)

By the end of the year? Successfully redesign the magazine, which is quickly morphing into a torturously stressful task with no end in sight, while continuing to be optimistic, helpful, trusting--basically, staying my authentic self.

Get A's in all my classes. Receive a scholarship for winter semester and spring semester. Apply to PSU if not get accepted by PSU by then. Read a bunch of books for leisure. Have sex with at least one girl five times, or five girls one time. Whichever comes first ;)

Start to write more, maybe get done a full novel-length draft of the project I started a few months ago. Have sex with someone new, stop talking to the ex for good. Do really well in my new job. Lose 10-20 lbs (always a goal)..... hmm. Also I'd love to try something totally new and out of my comfort zone.

Overcome, or at least be able to face specific fears
Write (as in, actually write with inspiration) again
Decide on my book characters, and make a sketch of them
Learn more about film-making or storytelling
Learn to grow edible plants and make organic products
Start a small business that I could stick with
Make possible lifelong friends/connections :)