• Total voters

cvp12gh5

What a lovely way to burn...
Oct 5, 2012
MBTI
Intui
Enneagram
Thinking
I'm starting a new thread on this because I would like fresh opinions. If you would like to ask me questions for more insight then that is fine. Any type is on the table for discussion. Thoughts and observations are encouraged. I included a poll.

Hm, I'd have to think about the INFP part, but you are right on the money with SASSY, lol. Why do you feel I am an INFP?
Whoot! Half right huh. :D
I think you INFP from sailing some of your posts. You seem good natured, humorous, and for good or bad direct. You seem a bit scientific and technical in your writing. (;-) all wonderful traits)
We have not engaged until now that I recall, unless it was in my early posts. I just jingle along (propper term is lurking I guess, lol) with some members rather than comment; I 'like' so they know I was there, but like for me often doesn't mean agreement.

i answered fabulous intj. lol i've always thought you were an intj with a dash of feels. :m026:

i answered fabulous intj. lol i've always thought you were an intj with a dash of feels. :m026:

Oh come on! There's more than a dash. Admit it. I am very lovable.

(admit it or I will plot your demise...jk lol)

Whoot! Half right huh. :D
I think you INFP from sailing some of your posts. You seem good natured, humorous, and for good or bad direct. You seem a bit scientific and technical in your writing. (;-) all wonderful traits)
We have not engaged until now that I recall, unless it was in my early posts. I just jingle along (propper term is lurking I guess, lol) with some members rather than comment; I 'like' so they know I was there, but like for me often doesn't mean agreement.

I would agree on the humor. Irl people love my humor and get a thrill from my twisted quick remarks that not everyone might get. All in all, I find that humor is necessary for my sanity. I am fairly nice to anyone I meet unless I feel like they are trying to manipulate me or a situation. Then you will see me sharpen my...mind. ;) I know how to behave but do not always find it necessary. Sometimes being nice is counterproductive to my goal of helping someone grow.

Scientific and technical. Well, you should hear me talk, lol. I do not speak in a monotone voice but it is always pointed out to me that my speech is very proper and professor-like. For instance, I was at my son's friends house the other day (dropping him off for a playdate) and his friend insisted that I see his room. I went up and he had these Eygptian figures on his nightstand that I recognized as King Tutankhamun. I then got excited and jumped into teaching mode going on and on about Eygptian times and going over facts about King Tut. I felt like I was giving a presentation and this happens often but I really can't help it.

I try not to though because it makes me appear that I am a know-it-all. But all I am really doing is sharing knowledge. Not everyone gets it. #misunderstood.

I would agree on the humor. Irl people love my humor and get a thrill from my twisted quick remarks that not everyone might get. All in all, I find that humor is necessary for my sanity. I am fairly nice to anyone I meet unless I feel like they are trying to manipulate me or a situation. Then you will see me sharpen my...mind. ;) I know how to behave but do not always find it necessary. Sometimes being nice is counterproductive to my goal of helping someone grow.

Scientific and technical. Well, you should hear me talk, lol. I do not speak in a monotone voice but it is always pointed out to me that my speech is very proper and professor-like. For instance, I was at my son's friends house the other day (dropping him off for a playdate) and his friend insisted that I see his room. I went up and he had these Eygptian figures on his nightstand that I recognized as King Tutankhamun. I then got excited and jumped into teaching mode going on and on about Eygptian times and going over facts about King Tut. I felt like I was giving a presentation and this happens often but I really can't help it.

I try not to though because it makes me appear that I am a know-it-all. But all I am really doing is sharing knowledge. Not everyone gets it. #misunderstood.
You sound as you know yourself well. This good ;) perhaps you are INTJ/P instead? I think we should interact more often. I like listening to those folks who are certain in what they are talking about, especially topics I may know little of.

Surely an INFJ trait? lol

I get a tad irritated when folks speak 'down' to me. Do you find issue with that as well? When they find out I'm an INFJ (same when I'm found out as a Pisces too) some believe I should be a scatter-brain fluffy emotion leaking space-junky ... of which I'm not :D

You sound as you know yourself well. This good ;) perhaps you are INTJ/P instead? I think we should interact more often. I like listening to those folks who are certain in what they are talking about, especially topics I may know little of.

Surely an INFJ trait? lol

I get a tad irritated when folks speak 'down' to me. Do you find issue with that as well? When they find out I'm an INFJ (same when I'm found out as a Pisces too) some believe I should be a scatter-brain fluffy emotion leaking space-junky ... of which I'm not :D

Well, I do not think I talk down to people. But I do see how I can appear that way at times when I am stressed. But it is never my intention. And if It was pointed out to me I would apologize and check myself.

I also love when someone can share something with me about a topic I know little about.

Last edited:

Well, I do not think I talk down to people. But I do see how I can appear that way at times when I am stressed. But it is never my intention. But I do find that some people get annoyed when I go on and on over weird and unusual facts about (insert topic). I get the eye roll or that look. And then I stay away from that person because I do see them as idiots. Who doesn't want to learn something they don't know? Stupid people, that's who.

I also love when someone can share something with me that I do not know about.

I think you are you not an MBTI type. It's difficult, but on an MBTI scale I'd see you as being an INTJ woman. Clever, highly rational and artistic and who perhaps (understandably) feels very often misunderstood, judged and hurt by how society may see you as being a "T" type woman. Being a "T" type does not mean you don't have strong emotions or get upset. In my limited experience of "T" type women they often feel very hurt by how they are treated which can be very hard on them.

INTJs generally I think are the most variable in traits. Well adapted "T" types are great news to me. They can be very tough and rational without being harsh or cruel. I spent a lot of time conflicted over the F or T type divide. I culturally was very influenced to male T type behavior but ultimately that just isn't me. My real driver to it, is to do whatever is necessary to give the most effective help to those who need it. However tough the decisions.

When it comes to a crunch, what do you do, think logically or make a values or emotional judgement ? For me, as a child I was always driven to music and literature. I had only limited interest in science. I went back to it as I saw how much it meant to my father. Eventually it fascinated me and I saw it's value.

I came to accept that overall, especially in a crunch, I follow my heart and do what I feel is right. I study, I think I try to think through every logical outcome, but I don't put all my faith in logic. A doctor can cure illness for a time, but only for a time. I think there are things beyond rational science, which we find scary and so reject. In my view we"bend" our reality to fit what we hope to understand, but for me at least that's not going to work. I think anyone who really studies maths or physics will have to question what we commonly take to be logic. But when I hear "ode to Joy" I don't have any questions.

MBTI is just a theory of how to look at our behavior patterns. Mostly I think I would hope you feel 'easy in your own self'. I will guess overall you do, but you are maybe left with that nagging doubt. I think it would be interesting for you to perhaps talk it over with @Jet . I left out that 'fabulous or sassy' part. Far too feeler type... Plus I am busy with a crotchet thing. #unreliableoutsourcingannoying

I think you're an N, in the Big 5/dichotomies sense. But it's much more subtle to decide the functions sense, as many scientists are Keirsey NT but Jungian sensation/thinking!

Like I've parroted my guess is your vibe is Fi, so I'd prefer Fi tert or up for you. That leaves a lot of options.

How do you relate to the basic thinking/feeling sensation/intuition dimensions? I think part of the battle is deciding what they mean

When it comes to a crunch, what do you do, think logically or make a values or emotional judgement ? For me, as a child I was always driven to music and literature. I had only limited interest in science. I went back to it as I saw how much it meant to my father. Eventually it fascinated me and I saw it's value.

I came to accept that overall, especially in a crunch, I follow my heart and do what I feel is right. I study, I think I try to think through every logical outcome, but I don't put all my faith in logic. A doctor can cure illness for a time, but only for a time. I think there are things beyond rational science, which we find scary and so reject. In my view we"bend" our reality to fit what we hope to understand, but for me at least that's not going to work. I think anyone who really studies maths or physics will have to question what we commonly take to be logic. But when I hear "ode to Joy" I don't have any questions.

MBTI is just a theory of how to look at our behavior patterns. Mostly I think I would hope you feel 'easy in your own self'. I will guess overall you do, but you are maybe left with that nagging doubt. I think it would be interesting for you to perhaps talk it over with @Jet . I left out that 'fabulous or sassy' part. Far too feeler type... Plus I am busy with a crotchet thing. #unreliableoutsourcingannoying

I do not put all of my faith in logic but I certainly think that a good dose of it is necessary in most situations. I usually will come to a logical conclusion but then my heart shouts out "but what about....!" and then I go back and forth with both until I can come up with a solution that may not be perfect but will satisfy both the heart and mind.

There have been situations that have been all heart or all mind, depending on the circumstances.

And I can understand if you wanted to leave out 'fabulous' or 'sassy', but not 'sexy bitch'. Inconceivable!

Oh and I will not accept a cheap pair of outsourced slippers, JAMES. I want originals. (Because I deserve it.)

I voted for the two ones I waffle between - INFJ and INTJ, and the three options I know for certain - Sexy Bitch, Fabulous, and Sassy. ;)

You seem balanced to me, but it's the "completely" that threw me off. I find it difficult to say anyone outside of myself is completely anything; that sounds far too definite for anyone besides oneself to know.

You seem primarily to analyse yourself in terms of your personality*, which I would say is Fi dominance. Furthermore, you are noting patterns about yourself as opposed to things directly observable, so Ne for the auxiliary.

When you spoke of a specific memory and then mentioned not wanting to be seen as a know-it-all, this was Si, and (shadow i.e. still mostly unconscious) Te.

* I know that that may be a strange thing to say given that this is a type me thread, but if you look at your posts, you're describing things with a greater level of self-understanding than what is typical of these sort of threads, so it seems as something that is typical for you to do

Of course I voted for the completely balanced, sassy, fabulous, and sexy bitch that I know you are, and also the amazingly-emotionally-mature-INTJ that I have always suspected you to be.

Reasons for my suspicions: the Ni is very strong within you. Also the Te. I see it in your posts over the years and cannot pinpoint it to a particular example. I do see more Fi in you than Fe, however, you are very balanced emotionally and I don't believe either is a leading function for you. I believe this balance stems from your experiences in life as an adolescent through early adulthood and the resulting e/affects.

It might be surprising to some, but I have come to view N-S to define in a functions-y context as subtler than F-T.
Typically, it is harder to decide F-T than N-S in a dichotomies/4 letters/Big 5 context.

I mention this because I don't tend to see as much discussion of N-S -- more things like Ni/Ne, Fi/Fe, Te vs not, and so on, on a lot of type threads.

It's important because I think there's something of a N-bias in the dichotomies which simply wouldn't exist in the functions-y framework. If anything, being called sensation/thinking was a good thing to a lot of people in Jung's framework because that was the standard "scientist" combination (even if it's true not all scientists would've been characterized that way).

Just in case people want to comment more on that topic :)

Reactions: cvp12gh5 and Free
I see someone voted ENTJ. I find this very interesting. Who voted this and why do you think ENTJ fits?

Reactions: Free and hush
I see someone voted ENTJ. I find this very interesting. Who voted this and why do you think ENTJ fits?

If you click where it shows the number of votes next to each option, a pop up should show with the name(s) :)

Reactions: Free