What did you want to be when you where younger? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What did you want to be when you where younger?

Who the hell is more badass than Darth motherf'in Vader!?

This guy

SadTIsB.gif

Reactions: Matt3737
I wanted to be in the Army and work as a mechanic on the trucks and automobiles. I also wanted to be a medical examiner and work on dead corpses.

When I was a really young I really wanted to become Batman.

What is funny though, is that afterwords another kid would tell me that, he would become Batman instead of me.

I'm going to become Batman instead of you.

So suck it.

I'm going to become Batman instead of you.

So suck it.

NO! I am going to become Batman!

I've been practicing the Batvoice ever since I watched Batman Begins, and I nearly nailed it!

PS: My throat hurts, but it is worth it!

Saw assassin and I have wondered why I am drawn to assassin stories... Saw race car driver and...well I kind of did that...just not for money.

When I was little -4 probably- I would draw characters usually based of tv shows/cartoons/movies and write stories below the drawing. As I aged and my sister's boyfriend introduced us both to comics and that has always been my go-to goal profession. Comic book artist and writer *nods*

Reactions: subwayrider
Posers. I'm Batman.

I mean the other guy.

(Astronaught)

Attachments

• intj-villain.jpg
    intj-villain.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Eventhorizon
George Lucas ruined Star Wars for me....

as a child i wanted to be a plastic surgeon because an authoritative adult suggested to me that it would be a good career choice. then i wanted to be a journalist because i liked watching Lois & Clark with Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain. when i was 12 after i had read LOTR and Ursula Le Guin and masses of YA fiction i wanted to be a writer. after that i decided being a writer was a ridiculous thing to want to be and so i decided to be a psychologist. but i hated psychology at university and i quit. after that i planned to work in hospitality and started a hospitality management apprenticeship but i hated it too. and then i went back to university to study literature with the aim of becoming a writer. i did a BA with a literature major. right now im studying something practical postgrad to pay the bills but i still want to be a writer. and will hopefully do some more postgrad literature also.

Race driver. Not just any race though - Group B Rally.

[video=youtube;x8jJ7bDL-rQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8jJ7bDL-rQ[/video]

[video=youtube;TtR5OOHZSp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtR5OOHZSp4[/video]

Reactions: Eventhorizon
When I was 5, I wanted to be a newspaper editor or author. When I was 12, I wanted to be a criminal defense attorney.

In 10 years, I want to be a tenured Professor in Art History. For now I'm enjoying building my own company, although there are no fiduciary guarantees. I never wanted to be Batman, but I think I did date a few men with superhero complexes.

as a child i wanted to be a plastic surgeon because an authoritative adult suggested to me that it would be a good career choice. then i wanted to be a journalist because i liked watching Lois & Clark with Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain. when i was 12 after i had read LOTR and Ursula Le Guin and masses of YA fiction i wanted to be a writer. after that i decided being a writer was a ridiculous thing to want to be and so i decided to be a psychologist. but i hated psychology at university and i quit. after that i planned to work in hospitality and started a hospitality management apprenticeship but i hated it too. and then i went back to university to study literature with the aim of becoming a writer. i did a BA with a literature major. right now im studying something practical postgrad to pay the bills but i still want to be a writer. and will hopefully do some more postgrad literature also.

I am glad that as a writer, you care little for punctuation and structure in your posts. I mean that. I too am considering writing books but have always imagined that most true writers would be English language Nazis etc... Dont take this as a put down at all. I just dont take any real time with my posts and generally type haphazardly. I take far more time and focus when actually writing.

Good luck! Have you written anything you are will to share yet?

When I was 5, I wanted to be a newspaper editor or author. When I was 12, I wanted to be a criminal defense attorney.

In 10 years, I want to be a tenured Professor in Art History. For now I'm enjoying building my own company, although there are no fiduciary guarantees. I never wanted to be Batman, but I think I did date a few men with superhero complexes.

An art history professor would be a really cool job.

I am glad that as a writer, you care little for punctuation and structure in your posts. I mean that. I too am considering writing books but have always imagined that most true writers would be English language Nazis etc... Dont take this as a put down at all. I just dont take any real time with my posts and generally type haphazardly. I take far more time and focus when actually writing.

Good luck! Have you written anything you are will to share yet?

haha, actually i care a lot about punctuation and structure, which is why i insist on writing in this totally unconventional way. :wink: i agree with you, that many writers seem to treasure an unhealthy fixation on style. its my personal opinion that they need to get over it all and think more about the content of what they are writing than the way in which they write it.

ive written a lot of short fiction. someone even made one of my short stories into a short film. i keep my short fiction on a weblog on the internet. i kind of regard the short fiction as an experimental or practice project so its not all very good.

i have ideas for novels i want to write. i started writing one of them and i have about 23000 words on it. its like a big skeleton that needs to have flesh put on it. but life is so busy and i need to do a lot of research to finish it. but i will get it finished eventually.

what kind of writing do you like to do?

thanks for asking me about it

Hmmmm....
A jet pilot.
A neurochemist.
A Goonie.

Reactions: Nixie
A rollercoaster/theme park designer...like this guy: John Wardley

john5.jpg

He used to appear on Blue Peter (a kids' show) whenever a new ride opened.
Saving it for another life now, I've got different fish to fry...they're bound to be physically smaller. :p