What Causes Extreme Emotionality? | INFJ Forum

What Causes Extreme Emotionality?

Sep 20, 2009
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am a very emotional person. My moods are very easily affected, I can go from periods of euphoria to nostalgia and deep reflection. Any form of art easily moves me. I am known for crying in movies, songs, and other forms of art. Whenever I see someone sad or in pain, I quickly get pulled into it. Whenever something happens to someone, weather it be a friend or a stranger, I can't help but feel bad an cry at times.

Do you think this amount of emotionality is bad? What types of problems can this bring upon? What do you think causes this heavy amount of emotion?

It can be hard if it gets beyond the control. As I said on topic about emotions, most chacracteristcs have "dark side" also as good one.
You can use your sensitivity for helping people and understanding art or life, but you should never forget that emotions can break you if you are not careful.

Reactions: Gaze
Do you think this amount of emotionality is bad? What types of problems can this bring upon? What do you think causes this heavy amount of emotion?
neutral in general, I think. It depends on how you used it...

AS per problems, though....let's see. Enabling, the social problems of being seen as 'sissy' or 'girly', might be prone to emotional manipulation and/or blackmail, sometimes it might hinder someone's reactions (Se failure, sorta.), or create an inappropriate reaction...

I don't know about causes though. It probably is your kind heart. :3

I am at odds with emotions in general. I have a ton of them, but every single one of them gets passed through this teeny-weeny little pipe; it get's backed up a lot. I don't think a lot of emotion is a problem so long as it is at least attempted to be controlled. Truth be told though, I don't get along well with people who are extremely emotional, and or don't at least try to mitigate it. I hit a snapping point where I will just tell the person "for godssake suck it up and just DO something about it, I don't have time for this", but that legitimately takes a while for me to get there.

Emotions require a heavy deal of balance. The need to be experienced in order to live a fufilling life, but they also must be controlled so they do not control us.

I am a very emotional person. My moods are very easily affected, I can go from periods of euphoria to nostalgia and deep reflection. Any form of art easily moves me. I am known for crying in movies, songs, and other forms of art. Whenever I see someone sad or in pain, I quickly get pulled into it. Whenever something happens to someone, weather it be a friend or a stranger, I can't help but feel bad an cry at times.

It's the limbic system of the brain..I guess.

It could be your greatest strength or your greatest weakness. You get to decide that. I'm going to throw another cliche at you and say: With great power comes great responsibility.

If you have a high capacity for feeling, I see it as a sort of power. Powerful things will happen to you and those around you as a result of it. It's up to you to decide whether those things will be positive or negative.

The good thing, is that in practicing patience, self-awareness, and critical thinking-- you can gain remarkable insight and reach levels of personal transformation most people cannot even fathom.

Last edited:
16 is hard. Perhaps hormones run amuck? Life in general will give the experience to navigate the waters.