What are your favorite writers/books ? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What are your favorite writers/books ?

My book list, highest rated > Descending.
Top of my head fav. Authors though, in random order...

B.V. Larson, Chris Ryan, Andy Mcnab, Larry Correia, John Scalzi, Vaugn Hepner, Mark Kloos,Patricia Briggs, Lee Child, Carry Vaugn, Stephen W. Bennet.

I might have miss typed a name or too, but yea. should be identifiable enough. If its a Sci-fi or Fantasy (or assorted subgenres there off) then its probably the right author.

Neil Gaiman has been a favourite since I picked out Anansi Boys from a dusty bookstore in New York... but Douglas Adams was the one who taught me what you can actually do with language. He's the absolute fucking best.

Neil Gaiman has been a favourite since I picked out Anansi Boys from a dusty bookstore in New York... but Douglas Adams was the one who taught me what you can actually do with language. He's the absolute fucking best.
Did you know Neil Gaiman co-authored Lucifer?

I know it was based on The Sandman, but I haven't gotten into the series personally. Is it good? Do you like it?
I like it. He's an extraverted Ti-user, if that means anything to you. In a way it's taking everything literally, but it makes Lucy very sympathetic. But still sin personified :smilingimp::innocent:

I like it. He's an extraverted Ti-user, if that means anything to you. In a way it's taking everything literally, but it makes Lucy very sympathetic. But still sin personified :smilingimp::innocent:

The devil is an ExTP. Surprise, surprise :wink:

I might give it a go! I do enjoy the soundtrack very much.

You seen American Gods?

I read his Norse Mythology in a day, cover to cover, even though as far as I could tell it was a pretty straightforward retelling. He makes even the simplest writing 'flow'.

True on Douglas Adams - his brand of humour is something unmatchable, I don't even bother.

You seen American Gods?

I read his Norse Mythology in a day, cover to cover, even though as far as I could tell it was a pretty straightforward retelling. He makes even the simplest writing 'flow'.

True on Douglas Adams - his brand of humour is something unmatchable, I don't even bother.

The Norse Mythology and Good Omens are actually the only two books of his that I haven't read yet (and I'm currently working through Good Omens). American Gods I enjoyed, but I haven't seen the series.

I sound like an old grumbler, but I don't watch a lot of TV. Most of the time, whenever someone asks me if I've seen x or y show, the answer is usually 'no.' The shows on my definite to-watch docket now are: Good Omens, Sabrina S2, Stranger Things and Suits and I'll be lucky if I get through them by the end of the year.

The Norse Mythology and Good Omens are actually the only two books of his that I haven't read yet (and I'm currently working through Good Omens). American Gods I enjoyed, but I haven't seen the series.

I sound like an old grumbler, but I don't watch a lot of TV. Most of the time, whenever someone asks me if I've seen x or y show, the answer is usually 'no.' The shows on my definite to-watch docket now are: Good Omens, Sabrina S2, Stranger Things and Suits and I'll be lucky if I get through them by the end of the year.
Don't spoil me! I have had the book for over a month now, and I still haven't read it. Same goes for Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. :sorrowful:

Well I'm the same, though I daresay probably much worse. It's actually a bit of a sore point for me, but I haven't consumed any 'entertainment' since September (Norse Mythology was the last thing I read for fun), apart from one weekend. I haven't even seen S8 GoT :expressionless:

I think I've substituted 'fun' for 'tedious and endless introspection'.

Don't spoil me! I have had the book for over a month now, and I still haven't read it. Same goes for Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. :sorrowful:
Ginny we're disappointed in you. So slow...

Reactions: Will and Ginny
For the last 6 months or so I've been reading Proust's massive novel In Search of Lost Time, which has grown to become a favorite of mine – perhaps up there with Dostoyevsky.

In a little more than a week, I'll be starting the final volume (Vol. VII), Time Regained. It's gonna be a shock when I complete this journey.

411StGT8GxL._SX210_.jpg

@Asa - I'd love for you to weigh in with your thoughts. Who is your writerly inspiration?

Thank you for thinking of me.

James Joyce, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Halldor Laxness, Steinbeck, and W. B. Yeats are all favorites, along with books of mythology, sagas, epics, Homer, and the Greek tragedies (particularly Sophocles). Philip Pullman is my favorite YA/kids author. I like Orwell a lot, but I'm kind of tired of hearing references to him. Ray Bradbury's work echoes around in my mind fairly often as well, so I will say he has had an effect on me, but I would not list him as a "favorite".

There are a lot of individual books I love, too.

I'm not sure I 'try' to write like anyone listed, though our favorites do rub off. :)