What are your CORE beliefs? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What are your CORE beliefs?

.....the universe is there to be defined....and....definition requires understanding which lends to explanation. My thoughts may be incomplete but they provoke a lineage of thoughts that actually maaaattttaaaa......so collect ur words n stufff n dash em in dah bin....cos der basicallly worthless sir....;}

My Core Beliefs:

1. THERE IS A GOD

There is only one true God, the God of the Bible (Genesis through Revelation), who has existed from eternity in three distinct persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, who created and sustains all things, who is all-knowing, all powerful, and always present, sovereign over all things, to who whom all worship and praise and honor is due(Psalm 103:19, Isaiah 46:8-10).
He is the only self-existent being. Everything else exists because he wills it to.
All creatures are subject to him and ultimately do his will either intentionally or inadvertently, either through their obedience or disobedience. His purposes are never frustrated, and he is perfect and holy and just and right in everything he does (Psalm 115:3).
Though, in justice, he must show his wrath against sin, he is longsuffering and patient, and delights in being merciful to sinners (Exodus 34:6)--so much so that he gave his only begotten Son to save them (John 3:16).
He rightfully judges every human being according to their works--either in themselves or in a Substitute--the Lord Jesus Christ (Isaiah 53:4-6, 1 Peter 2:24, 2 Cor. 5:21).

2. JESUS CHRIST IS GOD

Jesus Christ, who is the second person of the Trinity, who is the only way to the Father and the only Mediator between God and man (1 Timothy 2:5), who is himself 100% God and 100% man simultaneously (John 1:1,14, Hebrews 1:2-3, Col. 2:9), came to earth and lived a life of perfect righteousness and obedience to God's holy Law, suffered and died as the sinner's Substitute, shedding his blood for the remission of sins and satisfying the holy justice of God on behalf a particular people who were chosen before time began (Ephesians 1:4, Hebrews 9:12, Acts 20:28), apart from their works and according to his good pleasure (Ephesians 2:8).
He was raised from death to life for their justification (Romans 4:25), has given them the Holy Spirit to guide them in all things (John 14:16), given them true repentance from sin (Acts 5:31), and given them faith to believe his word, saving them from the guilt and consequences of sin, by grace through faith in him (Romans 4:5, 5:1).

3. JESUS CHRIST IS MY PERSONAL SAVIOR

God has graciously given me faith to believe in Jesus Christ, who is my Savior, my Shepherd and my King, who has forgiven all my sins-past, present, and future, washing them away forever in his precious blood, giving me life and peace where, before, there was only death and corruption.
Even though I am a sinner by nature, even though everything I think or say or do--even my best works are tainted with sin, I am forgiven and redeemed and justified before God.
Though, in myself, there is nothing but sin, the righteousness of Christ has been accounted to me.
When I sin, I have an Advocate with the Father (1 John 2:1), who prays for me and pleads on my behalf (Romans 8:4). Because of Christ, I can approach the throne of grace with boldness (Hebrews 4:16), and confess my sin to him without fear of condemnation (Romans 8:1).
I know my purpose -- to live for God and worship him.
I love, and I am loved by, Christ.
Because of him, in him, and through him, I have peace with God, and the liberty to worship and follow him and trust in him for all things, looking to that blessed day when I will see him face to face, along with a multitude of other saved sinners, and behold him in all his glory, forever!

4. WHOEVER BELIEVES IN JESUS CHRIST WILL BE SAVED

Whoever comes to Christ for mercy and forgiveness and believes in him alone for their salvation will not be turned away (John 6:37). They will receive complete pardon and acceptance with God.
All who come to him will be saved. All the promises and blessings of God are theirs, no matter what sins they have commited or will commit in the future.
God cannot and will not let them perish. And he cannot and will not charge them with sin.
No one can come to the Father but by Christ, and no one will come to Christ unless the Father draws that person to him (John 14:6, 6:44), but anyone who comes to Christ and believes in him shows that he or she is born of God. (John 3:20-21)
All who oppose and reject Christ will die in their sin and unbelief, and will be subject to the unmitigated wrath of God for eternity, but all who trust in him will live with him in glory for eternity (John 3:36, Hebrews 9:27-28).
Faith in Christ is both a commandment and an invitation.
It is both a duty and an unspeakable privelege.
Though not all will come to Christ and be saved, one day, every knee will bow and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. (Phillipians 2:10, Revelation 5:13)

Last edited:
I'm a panentheist. I believe that the universe is just part of God and God is a part of and within all things in the universe, but is far greater. I also have pantheistic leanings in which God is the universe. Here's an exerpt of a pantheistic poem that I love:
"We are resolved into the supreme air,
We are made one with what we touch and see,
With our heart's blood each crimson sun is fair,
With our young lives each spring-impassioned tree
Flames into green, the wildest beasts that range
The moor our kinsmen are, all life is one, and all is change."
~Oscar Wilde, Panthea

Last edited:
I might add I believe the Republican Party represents all the evil in the world. They are the reason for hatred, violence, oppression and overall world pain and suffering. Spoiled children.
Kinda like the bully in kids school. I bitch slapped that ass. Just had to.

Everyone's got a worthwhile story to tell.

There is a constant struggle throughout human history between those who believe that human beings deserve freedom and are capable of making wise, informed decisions when given the knowledge and resources, and those who believe that human beings are worthless, dumb beasts who must be controlled and kept ignorant of reality.