What Are You Listening To Right Now (Part 15) | Page 438 | INFJ Forum

What Are You Listening To Right Now (Part 15)

Mazzy Star – “Into Dust”

Dummy was my Album of the Year in 1994.

For me, it has never been less in the listening. Instead, it is an example of that which is evergreen for me.

The other night, I played the record for someone who had never heard it (or of the band), and I was so very pleased to witness them open-mouthed and gobsmacked. They didn’t have words, and were well and truly beside themself.

And as any single song from that album goes, Roads is titanic in my heart and mind. All that is required for a knot in the throat and tears in my eyes are the four opening chords. Twenty-eight years of cutting me to the quick, and never a whit less sharp.

That song is where being crushed becomes a pleasure, because I am relieved of my doubt, and I am certain I am alive. Suffusion in various shades of feeling becomes an affirmation of being.

Still So Wow,
Ian

:<3:

I loved reading this!! I’m so glad you commented! :)

Yeah, gobsmacked! — that is a good term for how I felt when a friend introduced me to the band by playing the Roseland NYC Live album for me, in ‘99.

Blue States – “Your Girl”

Reactions: Misty and Jexocuha
Smoke City – “Dark Walk”

Reactions: Jexocuha
Bent – “Invisible Pedestrian”

Sébastien Tellier – “La Ritournelle”

Webster Chicago 228-81 playing Aphex Twin’s “IZ US”

Plaid – “Do Matter”

Smoke City – “Dark Walk”

OMG. I remember this album but I forgot the title for a long time. "Smoke city - Flying away". Thanks for bringing this up, I've been searching everywhere to find the cover(remember that), but totally forgot the title!

Not a bad album.

Squarepusher – “Papalon”

Sunday nights are for amphetamine jazz! :p

Telefon Tel Aviv – “Sound In A Dark Room”

Aesop Rock - Shrunk

"Host Body" by: Chad VanGaalen

A nip of psychedelia on a Friday night...and then there was the video! :)

I’d comment on certain things I noticed in the video, but I don’t need anyone thinking I’m pervier than they do already. :p

Nods,
Ian

Kominn Heim · A Tergo Lupi

NYTT LAND - Svartravn

Last edited:
The most famous Swedish folk story and song of all time, sung here by Garmarna. It is an encounter between a shape-shifting troll and a nobleman from medieval times.

Reactions: Wyote and aeon
The Prodigy - Breathe (Mefjus & Camo & Krooked Remix)

Reactions: aeon