What Are You Listening To Right Now (Part 15) | Page 364 | INFJ Forum

What Are You Listening To Right Now (Part 15)

Reactions: flower

Reactions: flower and Jexocuha
"Thank God for the Rain" by: Bernard Herrmann, Taxi Driver Soundtrack

"Getting Into Shape / Listen You Screwheads / Gun Play / Dear Father & Mother / The Card / Soap..." by: Bernard Herrmann, Taxi Driver Soundtrack

Let’s listen to the full a-side of the best-selling 12" single of all time...

I know there is a single version with video, but that misses the point. This arrangement is tops. Song, performance, arrangement, programming, and mix...this created a wicked nostalgia for a place and time that never were.

Ok. I totally feel exactly what you’re saying.
I loatheeeee 80s music and the lyrics completely open up my hatred for longing the idea of love that will never come from my own manifested expectations. Artistic perfection.

I loatheeeee 80s music

I don’t like all time periods, or styles, the same, but I couldn’t loathe a decade. There’s always something good going on, from where I sit.

Alternately, every decade has its special embarrassments...50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, aughts, 10s, and will-be 20s.

Cheers,
Ian

I don’t like all time periods, or styles, the same, but I couldn’t loathe a decade. There’s always something good going on, from where I sit.

Alternately, every decade has its special embarrassments...50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, aughts, 10s, and will-be 20s.

Cheers,
Ian
True. I agree. I’m simply talking about the conflicting emotions of it. I can’t stand the style of the synthesizer from that decade in particular and it’s a popular icon of that time, BUT the conflicting emotion it gives me with the emotional conflict of a toxic relational expectation in the lyrics definitely gives the song a different feel for something that I enjoy. Just a spin off of what it caused me to feel or think. I enjoyed it a lot. It made me think about what I felt.

I agree with you on time aspects in general though. It seems to me a lot of the time in our decade and perhaps in every decade before toxic relationships have a way with being a norm and defined differently among every time, yet seem to be the same consistently. It made me think about my choice in what I manifest and allow in my relationships.

Last edited:
Reactions: aeon and Jexocuha
True. I agree. I’m simply talking about the conflicting emotions of it. I can’t stand the style of the synthesizer from that decade in particular and it’s a popular icon of that time, BUT the conflicting emotion it gives me with the emotional conflict of a toxic relational expectation in the lyrics definitely gives the song a different feel for something that I enjoy. Just a spin off of what it caused me to feel or think. I enjoyed it a lot. It made me think about what I felt.

I agree with you on time aspects in general though. It seems to me a lot of the time in our decade and perhaps in every decade before toxic relationships have a way with being a norm and defined differently among every time, yet seem to be the same consistently. It made me think about my choice in what I manifest and allow in my relationships.

Thank you for this. That you took the time to answer as you did. To me it felt like a gift.

I very much agree with what you said in your second paragraph. Relational dysfunction is perennial, but the concepts, the ideas in vogue, the “terms du jour” vary. At least as those ideas are disseminated to the public and neatly packaged for the keenest websites and self-help books. Relationships with others and relationship with self. Clinical terminology evolves, but tends to build upon advancements. And I’ve been doing quite a lot thinking lately as it concerns my relationships — what I am contributing, and what am I willing to accept.

As for synthesizer styles of the 80s, I much prefer things early in the decade. The arrival of the Yamaha DX7 in 1984 changed everything, and not in a way I cared for...still don’t.

Best to You,
Ian

Reactions: Y1gtfmd74i5u

because we’re kick’n back...

Reactions: flower and Jexocuha
you got the tickle? let’s ascend real gentle...

Reactions: Jexocuha and Wyote