What Are You Listening To Right Now (Part 15) | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What Are You Listening To Right Now (Part 15)

Reactions: Ren and Free
:headbang::bouncy:

Reactions: Free

Reactions: Free
For those who aren't familiar with the work of Brian Eno, this is the pure, unalloyed sound of serenity:

I'm so happy you've also got an occasional soft spot for that kind of rap music :mclap:

I like the smooth hip hop stuff like that quite a lot. As long as it has some hard hitting beats behind it and a sort of meditative or interesting flow I generally enjoy it.
I like a lot of different stuff.

Reactions: Misty, Free and Ren
I like the smooth hip hop stuff like that quite a lot. As long as it has some hard hitting beats behind it and a sort of meditative or interesting flow I generally enjoy it.
I like a lot of different stuff.

I know you like a lot of different stuff, but I guess that does not per se suggest that you like everything :)

Do you manage to tune out from the sometimes basic lyrics, or do you just not mind them? Personally I also love the beats and flow of some of those rappers, but it's also easy for me to basically not pay attention to the (admittedly sometimes cringey) lyrics because I'm not an English native speaker. So I'm just wondering about your own experience.

Do you manage to tune out from the sometimes basic lyrics, or do you just not mind them? Personally I also love the beats and flow of some of those rappers, but it's also easy for me to basically not pay attention to the (admittedly sometimes cringey) lyrics because I'm not an English native speaker. So I'm just wondering about your own experience.

It's harder for me to really resonate with lyrics in any music, if I feel more of a kinship with the artist then I may understand where they are coming from better and therefore "get" the lyrics better.
So with anything I listen to, I try to get at least a vague understanding of the artist so I know where they are coming from when they make their music.
Granted, a lot of artists don't actually write their own music and a lot of it is just sort of manufactured garbage both lyrically and musically.
So if I'm not investing time in knowing the artist, I fall back on the feelings the sounds give me.

I was weirdly obsessed with this song at one point. Something about the timing of when it was released really resonated with everything.

Anyway, here's a remix cuz that's the shit we do now

I was weirdly obsessed with this song at one point. Something about the timing of when it was released really resonated with everything.

Anyway, here's a remix cuz that's the shit we do now
Sad world. Another song that was worsened by remixing.

One of my favorite current artists, Daniel Lopatin aka Oneohtrix Point Never, has a new single out and it's pretty lit:

He's the author of one of my favorite songs of 2015, Sticky Drama. If you're ready for it... try it out. Video is also pretty cool.

Reactions: Wyote and Free