What Are You Listening To Right Now (Part 15) | Page 26 | INFJ Forum

What Are You Listening To Right Now (Part 15)

Found this on my YouTube recommendations and I am pleasantly surprised. A bit sad, but relatable. :)

I'm on the fence with this song. I know it's not a great song or anything, but as a longtime fan it feels good to see that the Pumpkins are getting back together in their almost original lineup (minus D'arcy Wretzky). And also releasing a very strange, Pumpkins-y video clip. And after a few listens, it actually gets decent. So let's hope!

I've been picking up signs of your Danzig fandom for a while! ;) Thoughts on The Misfits?

*anxiously hopes ID will finally express love for a punk band*

You're in luck! :blush: The Misfits are pretty much the only punk band I have ever listened to regularly. One of my good friends in school was a ginormous Ramones and Sex Pistols fan, so I'm also familiar with a lot of their stuff, but I've never been an avid listener of either.

To your point - I was actually exposed to the Danzig stuff first, then later was introduced to Misfits by one of my roommates at University. I found the blend of upbeat, singsong music with often horrifying lyrics (hilariously offset by Glenn's trademark seriousness) to be pure gold. I remember being completely hooked by this song in particular:

For what it's worth, I still prefer the first three Danzig albums, the first especially, to anything else he's done. Brilliant rock music that's easy to overlook thanks to Glenn's inherent, unabating absurdity.

You're in luck! :blush: The Misfits are pretty much the only punk band I have ever listened to regularly. One of my good friends in school was a ginormous Ramones and Sex Pistols fan, so I'm also familiar with a lot of their stuff, but I've never been an avid listener of either.

To your point - I was actually exposed to the Danzig stuff first, then later was introduced to Misfits by one of my roommates at University. I found the blend of upbeat, singsong music with often horrifying lyrics (hilariously offset by Glenn's trademark seriousness) to be pure gold. I remember being completely hooked by this song in particular:

For what it's worth, I still prefer the first three Danzig albums, the first especially, to anything else he's done. Brilliant rock music that's easy to overlook thanks to Glenn's inherent, unabating absurdity.

Hehe, thanks for teaching me the word "unabating" ;)

It's great to know you've got some time for the Misfits. I really think they're a quintessential punk band. At first I looked at your Skulls (great song) link and saw the duration as 0:02. I immediately thought: "He's taking the piss!" lol but no, it is the song, and it's awesome. Thanks for sharing it.

And yeah, the contrast between Glenn's seriousness and the horror lyrics is as delicious as ever.

Last edited: