What are the benefits of the INFJ traits to society? | INFJ Forum

What are the benefits of the INFJ traits to society?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy

Where can the most positive and well-developed traits and qualities of the INFJ personality prove the most successful and beneficial?

In general society, in terms of nurturing, empathizing, and understanding; and the intrapersonal connector, as opposed to SF's "connecting everyone".

Also, the most positive and well-developed would be activism, I believe. Not always in moral or political matters albeit most would certainly have that overtones. But the point is having a vision to the future, the determination to support it, and the power to inspire others.

Yea, counseling and activism. We can start a revolution! We light the fire in others souls =)

*goes looking for his Zippo*

Last edited:
Can we just use flamethrower instead? :<

Oh; an ENTJ friend of mine had said that "INFJ is a breeding vat of Messiahs and Antichrists"; so...yeah.

I am the Alpha and the Omega!!!

*Gets flamethrower from under the bed*

Well, I do find myself donating to charity frequently ever since I got a job.

Does that count?

I wonder if that isn't asking the wrong kind of question, it's perhaps limiting to think that each type has a certain "niche" to fill. These days at least I find myself increasingly thinking of things in terms of the different perspectives each type can bring to the various professions/walks of life (for example, the Se & Fi cognitive combo of an ESFP might bring a very different and potentially very valuable perspective to the predominantly NT-ish scientific profession).

For those posts about flame throwing and starting the fire:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHwMtFERcQY"]YouTube- Billy Joel- We Didn't Start The Fire[/ame]

As for the OP, I'd say that I observed on two INFJs that I know irl, and lots of people I know said that they observed that I too have the same impact on people, is that the moment that they walk into the room it's like the energy of the people present calmed down a bit, and I observed that people I know usually turn to me when they need some kind of mediation.

Also I've noticed that many people turn to us when they need to calm down or to bounce of some ideas to get a clearer picture about things that matter to them, which can be a bit draining but we seem to be exceptionally good at it.

Other than that, it could be, as previously stated, charity work, involving in revolutionary ideas and being the silent leader in things.

That's all I could think of at the moment.

Reactions: testing
I wonder if that isn't asking the wrong kind of question, it's perhaps limiting to think that each type has a certain "niche" to fill. These days at least I find myself increasingly thinking of things in terms of the different perspectives each type can bring to the various professions/walks of life (for example, the Se & Fi cognitive combo of an ESFP might bring a very different and potentially very valuable perspective to the predominantly NT-ish scientific profession).

I like how you're thinking of integrating all the best characteristics of the various types.

I'm systems kind of gal. Systems theory is my preferred mode of operation for social work. In my life I can see where I've been the most effective and have come to the conclusion it's in groups where I shine. I can listen to what the individuals have to say and then weave a congruence among all of them. Especially when they begin to fragment over differing opinions.

So - besides being a counselor for individuals - a mediator for groups?

INFJ's are society's civilizers. They sustain our ethical principles and social conscience. As such, they are the guardians of the collective soul. Think Thomas Jefferson and Sigmund Freud, et al.

(Remember, this is coming from an INTP, and we all know that INTP's haven't the best insight into people. So, I could be wrong. Which is to say, don't get a swelled head over this. However, if I am right, you guys have a big responsibility and a lot of work to do!)

Last edited:
INFJ's are society's civilizers. They sustain our ethical principles and social conscience. As such, they are the guardians of the collective soul. Think Thomas Jefferson and Sigmund Freud, et al.

Sounds pretty much like all the NFs, tbh (though we go about it in different ways).

(And FWIW, apparently Carl Jung reckoned Freud was an Fi dominant. Also FWIW, I reckon Jung was the INFJ).

Where can the most positive and well-developed traits and qualities of the INFJ personality prove the most successful and beneficial?

infjs are the social glue which keep quarreling parties together, they have tremendous power to relate to, empathize with and soothe other people!
particularly passionate infjs probably have it within them to completely revolutionize the moral undercurrents of society :)

I often tell my INFJ that she is the conscience of society. I know she steers me on the right track with great regularity. She has tremendous insight into interpersonal systems and relationships ... knowing intuitively what will work and what will not. I find it a wonderful complement to my interest in machine systems. She has guided me clear of many a potential minefield and helped me strengthen my weak F. She can also read people very well ... their intentions, their desires, their strengths and weaknesses ... often before they even realize them themselves. I find that her F and J complement my T and P very nicely.

I often tell my INFJ that she is the conscience of society. I know she steers me on the right track with great regularity. She has tremendous insight into interpersonal systems and relationships ... knowing intuitively what will work and what will not. I find it a wonderful complement to my interest in machine systems. She has guided me clear of many a potential minefield and helped me strengthen my weak F. She can also read people very well ... their intentions, their desires, their strengths and weaknesses ... often before they even realize them themselves. I find that her F and J complement my T and P very nicely.

Nice. :)

We focus on ideals and politely diffuse them through society.
(ie. we shove our dreams down everyone's throats until they start building our utopia for us).

We focus on ideals and politely diffuse them through society.
(ie. we shove our dreams down everyone's throats until they start building our utopia for us).

I like this plan! :D

I always thought of us as Guideposts. We help people find their way around in life. We give advice, we give support, and we give great insight based on our own eye-opening experiences.

We might be under-appreciated most of the time, and we rarely get thank yous, but what we do is a great contribution to society I find. There are many people out there who are "lost", and we give with an honest and selfless desire to help.

It's what I love about INFJ's most. =)

Reactions: Gaze