What are some of the most interesting experiences you've had with other cultures? | INFJ Forum

What are some of the most interesting experiences you've had with other cultures?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What are some of the most interesting experiences you've had visiting, living in or meeting people from other cultures?

A woman in Mexico that went runing away from her stuff the minute she saw that I'm taking my camera out of bag.

A man in Mexico that I had a really interesting talk about their culture and their appreciacion of my culture. Mexico seems to be one of my favorite experiences, it was raw and very vivid.

A guy from Tunisia who stopped me on the street to tell me that he wants to take me back to his country and feed me some fruit that is like their national fruit and to teach me better French. This was sweet but creepy, and it seems that guys from Muslim countries especially like curvy bloonds, so my friends were taking me all around to every Pakistany shop in Barselona with them since they were getting large discounts just by saying that they are buying presents for me (until I found out what they were up to afterwards they had to stop with that practice).

I've got more, just don't have much time at the moment.

Riding a camel in Egypt that started misbehaving (I thought it was going to gallop off and I'd never be seen again) and the camel boy suggested that if he got on too and rode it he would be able to control it better, he did and I had to wrap my arms around his waist in order to stay on the camel, while we rode through a village and all the villagers were staring wide-eyed........the boy said they all thought I was his wife :eek:

no such visiting experience but i do have many friends on my fb profile from other countries and religion and they all are good . many of them are muslims also ....

Last edited:
Darned unusual - and slightly disturbing:

In most of Mexico you're not supposed to flush toilet paper down. Instead, you're supposed to drop it in a bin, left next to the porcelain seat - something about the sewage system overloading-. I always ignored the local custom - blah.

In some public rest-rooms the garbage can would be overflowing. *shiver*

in stone mountain Georgia I went to what was formerly a all black school, made some real good friends and that Racism goes in both directions.

My friend and roommate is an apostolic pentecostal(the school which we are attending is not pentecostal),which makes for very interesting conversations.

I went to Michigan and found a Chinese buffet that played country music, it seems country is not limited to the south/southwest.

I am immersed in another culture everyday. Luckily I work in an environment with lots of Native Americans which helps. I find that I have to modify the way I percieve other's actions via the dominant culture rather than my own.

Darned unusual - and slightly disturbing:

In most of Mexico you're not supposed to flush toilet paper down. Instead, you're supposed to drop it in a bin, left next to the porcelain seat - something about the sewage system overloading-. I always ignored the local custom - blah.

In some public rest-rooms the garbage can would be overflowing. *shiver*

Lol it's the same in Russia.

Reactions: Flavus Aquila