Were you born an Infj? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Were you born an Infj?

Great question. I've been an intovert for as long as I can remember. I'd play with my toys in my room for hours on end creating imaginary worlds that seemed so real to me at the time. I hated when my brother walked in and started changing things. I used to tell him your not playing right. He'd leave and I would continue playing for hours. So I can deduct I was a very creative, imaginative and solitary child that needed to be in a peaceful environment. Showing INFJ traits at an early age.

Now the real question is was I like that because my father used to yell at me and was verbally abusive? Did I need to get away and did this encourage my introverted side and my desire to seek peace. If he was a supportive father would I have ended up an ENFJ or an ENFP. Very possible. Did this encourage my intuitive traits because internally I knew his behaviour was wrong? Perhaps.

Also my brother turned out to be an ESTP. So why did the same family environment affect us so differently? A child needs to find his identity so maybe because he was a thinking type I became a feeling type. I needed to be different from him. He excelled at school and was an intelectual so I took up music and sports. I became a very good musician over time. But the point is did I lean more towards these types of activity because I was born an INFJ or because my environment gently lead me towards that path?

Hard question to answer but what is important now is to love and accept myself for who I am and the way I am.

I never took this test before thank you for that. I'm an INFJ Ethical Intuitive Introvert- The Empath. Why doesn't that surprise me?

Test Result
Your Sociotype: EII-0
Fi.gif
Ne.gif
(INFj)

Ethical Intuitive Introvert - The Empath
U R Welcome :D
I am an Empath too...I knew I could relate to others (feel their stuff) at an early age, I just didn't know there was a word for it ... catch a song for it ... ;)

Reactions: Zen and Soulfire
Great question. I've been an intovert for as long as I can remember. I'd play with my toys in my room for hours on end creating imaginary worlds that seemed so real to me at the time. I hated when my brother walked in and started changing things. I used to tell him your not playing right. He'd leave and I would continue playing for hours. So I can deduct I was a very creative, imaginative and solitary child that needed to be in a peaceful environment. Showing INFJ traits at an early age.

Now the real question is was I like that because my father used to yell at me and was verbally abusive? Did I need to get away and did this encourage my introverted side and my desire to seek peace. If he was a supportive father would I have ended up an ENFJ or an ENFP. Very possible. Did this encourage my intuitive traits because internally I knew his behaviour was wrong? Perhaps.

Your first paragraph was me, 100%. I had a loving and supportive father who sounds very different from yours, so I'm inclined to say, perhaps his behavior was not influential in your development.

I think personality is something we are born with and carry on with. I've said this in another thread before, but I believe we can change how we react to others by putting different habits into place, but those initial internal processes will likely always be the same.

Hmm.. that's intriguing. Besides that topic, do you think that you spoke very much before the age of 11 because that's the same age my family started to say I said something?

Imagine as an 11 year old when you just felt different (people your own age and older) and you had this ability to see and know things that other people were completely oblivious to....I used discretion when I spoke. I certainly wasn't a talkative child (that's certainly not the case now). There was a lot of conversation/thinking going on in my head though :tearsofjoy:

Besides that topic

What's your train of thought.....I'd like to follow if that's possible?

Imagine as an 11 year old when you just felt different (people your own age and older) and you had this ability to see and know things that other people were completely oblivious to....I used discretion when I spoke. I certainly wasn't a talkative child (that's certainly not the case now). There was a lot of conversation/thinking going on in my head though :tearsofjoy:

What's your train of thought.....I'd like to follow if that's possible?
"Well, she seems kinda smart.. let me try to impress her. And then kazam." lol

I feel I've been this way since I can remember. I do feel the "I" has been formed (maybe??) from people treating me like shit all the time. My sister is an ENFJ and I feel like we understand each other pretty good, and I've wondered if I would of been an "E" too if my childhood was better?

Probably. I have a vague recollection of looking around the playground when I was at infant school, and thinking "I'm not like all these other kids". I never thought that was a good or bad thing, or that I was special, just different. It was quite unsettling, but I just accepted it.

I think so. I adapted to my Mom's way of being though, and she is a highly extroverted ENTJ. My Dad is an INTJ. My Brother is an INFP, although he has become more of an Ambivert over time. He was much more introverted when we were children. I have become less of an Ambivert over time, but I don't think that I was ever an ENFJ.

I wonder about this too. But when I look back to the timeline in my life, everything fits with Ni, Fe, Ti, Se development. So in my case I'd say yes.

Reactions: Sandie33