Were you born an Infj? | INFJ Forum

Were you born an Infj?

i am the only infj and introvert among my siblings (which is 6). my parents i believe are both extroverts and lean more to Se. (same with my sisters). So yes, i think i am born as an infj. :p

i am the only infj and introvert among my siblings (which is 6). my parents i believe are both extroverts and lean more to Se. (same with my sisters). So yes, i think i am born as an infj. :p
It must have been tough being an introvert with 5 siblings. I imagine you went off and hid in the cupboard, or somewhere quiet a lot of the time!

It must have been tough being an introvert with 5 siblings. I imagine you went off and hid in the cupboard, or somewhere quiet a lot of the time!

lol. VERY. for a long time my room was the attic. i go to my school's library to hide, my books were my friends.. i was forced to mingle and overcome my "shyness".. i dont even know how i survived/surviving all these. they suck out all the energy in me everyday.

I felt like that when I stayed with families in Spain. As a culture they just don't understand people wanting to spend time alone. My Fe loved it, and I actually felt so at home there and would consider going back to live...but I'd still need to find time to be alone, and read...and just do nothing. They think your pretty crazy or sad for wanting to do that!

I felt like that when I stayed with families in Spain. As a culture they just don't understand people wanting to spend time alone. My Fe loved it, and I actually felt so at home there and would consider going back to live...but I'd still need to find time to be alone, and read...and just do nothing. They think your pretty crazy or sad for wanting to do that!

oh? i'm quarter Spanish. (though i don't speak) it must be it. all of them are just fun, socializing, loud and festive. :confounded:

Reactions: invisible
Yes all of that and they are rebels and non-conformists, I just love them. I lived there for a year in my 20's and spent quite a lot of time there as a teenager. I honestly feel more at home there than in England! I'm a 1/4 Spanish too, which isn't much but I guess it's in my blood. I look more Spanish than English too.

Last edited:
It must be part of the hispanic and spanish culture to believe that introverts are always sad.I believe sometimes that certain ethnic groups and races develop a stronger or weaker suit for every introvert in any country regardless.

I don't believe I was "born" INFJ. I do believe I was born different. My learning I was INFJ didn't come about until I went to college. We did a workshop on Gardner's learning styles and the personality test resulted in my being INFJ. Regardless of test, even socionics produced INFJ trait results.

I believe that our childhood and upbringing is when "the magic happens". I don't believe we are born a certain type...but its our life experiences that make us who we are in present time.

I started questioning things like the universe and life when I was a very young child and would cry myself to sleep. I grew up to be a very missunderstood teenager (like most) who escaped by reading novel after novel and writing tons of poetry which i got into trouble for. I was INFJ until a few years ago...then I became more direct and more confident..after being the crutch for everyone and finding mysef unbalanced because i let everyone take from me...i became an INFP.

The series of traumatic events that happened in my life have somehow changed who I am and my MBTI type...which is really fascinating!

Ooh, there ain't no other way, baby, I was born this way. Baby, I was born this way. Ooh, there ain't no other way, baby, I was born this way. I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way.

5f89443fc7212fcbada8e41c93a7683b.jpg

I believe that our childhood and upbringing is when "the magic happens". I don't believe we are born a certain type...but its our life experiences that make us who we are in present time.

I started questioning things like the universe and life when I was a very young child and would cry myself to sleep. I grew up to be a very missunderstood teenager (like most) who escaped by reading novel after novel and writing tons of poetry which i got into trouble for. I was INFJ until a few years ago...then I became more direct and more confident..after being the crutch for everyone and finding mysef unbalanced because i let everyone take from me...i became an INFP.

The series of traumatic events that happened in my life have somehow changed who I am and my MBTI type...which is really fascinating!
That's interesting... What if MBTI types don't last forever but rapidly evolve into other personality types? I think that as an INFJ I have tried to strengthen my weaknesses. To say that I have changed from an INTJ to an INFJ is difficult.

Reactions: Soulfire
I had a funny picture in my head when I read your post - difficult to translate.

I can distinctly remember a number of factors all coming together and then it just happened....definitely felt like I was wired up to something. :wink:

Hmm.. that's intriguing. Besides that topic, do you think that you spoke very much before the age of 11 because that's the same age my family started to say I said something?

I don't believe I was "born" INFJ. I do believe I was born different. My learning I was INFJ didn't come about until I went to college. We did a workshop on Gardner's learning styles and the personality test resulted in my being INFJ. Regardless of test, even socionics produced INFJ trait results.

I never took this test before thank you for that. I'm an INFJ Ethical Intuitive Introvert- The Empath. Why doesn't that surprise me?

Test Result
Your Sociotype: EII-0
Fi.gif
Ne.gif
(INFj)
Ethical Intuitive Introvert - The Empath