Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
Leading theories state that it was done of camera so to speak, I've heard some more interesting accounts notable that they were a special case not needing a water baptism because they fulfilled all of the purposes of baptism in life and the other being that they were baptized by John the baptist which carried over and counted towards the baptism after Jesus' death.

What do you guys think?

I think baptism is symbolic and its absence won't affect you beyond death

It seems jesus and john were part of a baptism cult though who were using water in a symbolic fashion probably to simulate through an almost sympathetic kind of magick the birthing process as a child is born into life through the water of the womb, just as a spiritual initiate is reborn into a spiritual system (i'm guessing therefore that the baptism involved full submersion in water to simulate the womb and that subsequent church goers have watered this process down...so to speak....so that now a baby just gets a splash of water on their head)

Personally i don't see the purpose of baptising a baby.....if a person is to be baptised they should choose it themself, through their free will, when of age and they should be fully submerged, in nature (ie in a river) for the full psychic impact of the symbolic act

Last edited:
Do you think that Jesus washing their feet was a symbolic baptism?

Do you think that Jesus washing their feet was a symbolic baptism?

It's a humility thing

In tibet it is rude to touch a child on the head because the head is seen as sacred (it houses the crown chakra)

The feet are the part of us that touches the ground and is often seen as unclean which is why we have to take our shoes off to enter many holy places around the world and why some will wash their feet first

So washing someones feet is the ultimate symbolic act of saying: ''i am not above you''

It's like the indian greeting 'namaste' which is bowing to the God within someone (i bow to the God within you)

It's about showing respect by acknowledging someone elses validity

This is a strange concept for many in the west who have been brought up to believe that they are inferior to kings and queens or celebrities or rich people

The church too has conditioned us to believe that we can only access the ineffable through the priests...it's all about stealing our personal power

Last edited:
The washing of feet was done commonplace back then from walking such distances they walked. It was a sign of servitude.

Matthew 23:11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.

The Apostles not only lived Baptism: they taught it. Figure it out. Jesus was baptized.

Matthew 3:11
I baptize you with water for repentance, but after me will come One more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

This they witnessed in Acts:
15 As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them, just as He had come upon us at the beginning. 16 Then I remembered the word of the Lord, as He used to say, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’ 17 So if God gave them the same gift as He gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to hinder the work of God?”…

Reactions: Wyote
I don't think it's an important detail.

That's probably dependent on specifics of an individuals theology. If you don't consider baptism necessary for salvation, then a lack of their full water immersion might be used as evidence for your position.

Reactions: Pin
That's probably dependent on specifics of an individuals theology. If you don't consider baptism necessary for salvation, then a lack of their full water immersion might be used as evidence for your position.
Fair. I do think baptism is a very important sacrament for Christians. The "why" is tricky.