Votes: 2 33.3%
  • ENTP

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • ESFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ESTP

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
LOL! Is that in the Fort Wilderness section of the park, or whatever it is called? We stayed there when I was in grade school. It was the cheapest place to stay because eco tourism wasn't popular yet, plus it offered horseback riding, which was the best. I would have given up the entire theme park to stay with the horses. There was also a water park.
It's inside Wilderness Lodge, the hotel just next door to Fort Wilderness. I also grew up camping in the fort, best destination ever.

The horses are still there for trail and wagon rides. One of the best parts wasn't taken away :)

River Country is being demolished as we write. :sob: It was abandoned by the Disney Corporation after they added the two big waterparks, and just rotted away. There was also a big problem with an amoeba that lives in the sandy bottom of the lakes in the area. Nasty stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asa and Rowan Tree

@Wyote That doesn't look like a quiet, comfortable place where one could get lost in a novel. LOL.

I've been there in Disneyland Paris. Great food, amazing cocktails and soothing jungle sounds in the background. (I find the sound of waterfalls, rain, monkeys, elephants, tigers and birds very friendly to the ears.)
Yeah, you could read a novel there.

The only downside were all the small children running around. Not enough tigers and snakes to deal with that problem, clearly.

I've been there in Disneyland Paris. Great food, amazing cocktails and soothing jungle sounds in the background. (I find the sound of waterfalls, rain, monkeys, elephants, tigers and birds very friendly to the ears.)
Yeah, you could read a novel there.

The only downside were all the small children running around. Not enough tigers and snakes to deal with that problem, clearly.

Yea I've been to the one here in the US. The main problem is the screaming children and maybe a loud elephant or tiger once in a while :p

It's inside Wilderness Lodge, the hotel just next door to Fort Wilderness. I also grew up camping in the fort, best destination ever.

The horses are still there for trail and wagon rides. One of the best parts wasn't taken away :)

River Country is being demolished as we write. :sob: It was abandoned by the Disney Corporation after they added the two big waterparks, and just rotted away. There was also a big problem with an amoeba that lives in the sandy bottom of the lakes in the area. Nasty stuff.

It's really fun that you have been there, too. I've never met anyone else who stayed there or has even been to that part of the park. It was so much different than the rest of the park. Quiet and outdoorsy.
I did here River Country was being demolished. :(

It's really fun that you have been there, too. I've never met anyone else who stayed there or has even been to that part of the park. It was so much different than the rest of the park. Quiet and outdoorsy.
I did here River Country was being demolished. :(
I think you may appreciate this thread over on the Disboards:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/picture-of-the-day-for-the-fort.1240094/

I love the campground so much specifically because it is close to nature. I hope the current park and resort management understands what this means, and doesn't interpret it wrong. The new development along the waterfront is going to be massive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asa and Rowan Tree