Videos on common INFJ mistypes. | INFJ Forum

Videos on common INFJ mistypes.

djarendee

Jul 26, 2012
MBTI
ESTP SLE-Ti
Enneagram
8w7 Sx/So
Hey guys. I figured I'd post a buncha videos I made explaining many common INFJ mistypes. Here they are. Hope you like them.

[video=youtube;g8AF_eFClXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8AF_eFClXE[/video]

[video=youtube;d7kxTsZqsVg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7kxTsZqsVg[/video]

[video=youtube;v4jsfKxpQuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4jsfKxpQuM[/video]

[video=youtube;QWkEqbgoF88]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWkEqbgoF88[/video]

[video=youtube;St-Wf4LIb_I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St-Wf4LIb_I[/video]

INFJ vs INTP

[video=youtube;LQjCSoqlYbA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQjCSoqlYbA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hey guys. I figured I'd post a buncha videos I made explaining many common INFJ mistypes. Here they are. Hope you like them.

[video=youtube;g8AF_eFClXE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8AF_eFClXE[/video]

This video is interesting, but i don't agree on something very fundamental here: That INFJs don't have the willpower to make their dreams come true, and therefore they are only left with their dreams to dream.

I speak for myself here, when i say i made a lot of my dreams come true. If it's learning to play instruments, if it's learning martial arts, if it's learning to sing, if it's camping for weeks on the beach, if it's finding a soul mate, if it's working in all kinds of different jobs just because it's interesting, if it's teaching all my friends to play instruments and to encourage them to draw, sculpture, play music and chase their dreams.

I normally don't expose so much of myself, but i thought this is a big error you're making - you can't put people in boxes like that. Jung personality types are only general ideas. While they might be the best ideas yet, if you will, the best personality assessment 'technology', there is still a huge space left for individual personality inside this matrix of perception.

Edit: I would also like to add, that INFJs are often mistaken to not have much willpower - but it's not this that holds them from completing their goals - it's the sick society they live in, which makes them depressed, since their goals often(if not always) include the greater good.

Reactions: Kgal
The fact you just told me not to put people in boxes immediately makes me think you're an INFP or ENFP (Fi + Si). Regardless, inferior extroverted sensing means INFJ's have trouble sifting through the myriad of possibilities and prioritizing the singlemost important answer and then taking the initiative to act upon that.

Reactions: barbad0s
Maybe not all INFJs have low extroverted sensing?

Besides... Why are you so confident in your theory?

INFJ's have trouble sifting through the myriad of possibilities and prioritizing the singlemost important answer and then taking the initiative to act upon that.

Plus, how do you know INFJs don't prioritize world peace, and aim for it, and don't get there so quickly because of obvious reasons?

Regardless, inferior extroverted sensing means INFJ's have trouble sifting through the myriad of possibilities and prioritizing the singlemost important answer and then taking the initiative to act upon that.

This is definitely true for me. I just can't stop thinking "what if what if what what if what if" and then before I know it I'm lost in some weird, tangled web of thoughts, trying to predict all possible outcomes to every possible course of action and then plan all possible courses of action in response to those outcomes and on and on and on...Or I start following one path and then somewhere along the way I have some kind of realization that makes me feel like the course of action I have chosen is pointless or not the "right" one. It's more like paranoia and over-analyzing than lack of willpower...Either way it's stupid and I wish I knew how to stop. I've known plenty of INFJs who don't experience that much indecision, though. The way you've described Se is interesting...

In your INxJ comparison, you described Te in contrast to Ti. I'm not sure I grasped it.

From my understanding you said that someone with extroverted thinking as the tertiary shadow process would be bad at grasping the defined objective thinking (An INFJ in this case). Would that apply for the "what if" way of thinking for someone with a tertiary(or quaternary) Ti as well? If so, would someone who grasp and excel at both of these concepts, by your way of reasoning, be a thinker?

Plus, how do you know INFJs don't prioritize world peace, and aim for it, and don't get there so quickly because of obvious reasons?

Because world peace is about as practical as taking over the world and no INFJ in their right mind is that impractical. Ni/Se users envision things they PLAN on accomplishing, not so much things they WISH they could accomplish.

Maybe not all INFJs have low extroverted sensing?

Besides... Why are you so confident in your theory?

6 years experience, and also because I know what the functions actually mean because I read some books about them that made them much more tangible and distinguishable. As an ESTP I'm a much more physical hands on kinda guy, so I tend to push people's buttons and test mbti out for myself in person to get that hands on experience. I have 6 years of button pushing experience. Most of my experiences naturally follow scientific method.

Last edited:
In your INxJ comparison, you described Te in contrast to Ti. I'm not sure I grasped it.

From my understanding you said that someone with extroverted thinking as the tertiary shadow process would be bad at grasping the defined objective thinking (An INFJ in this case). Would that apply for the "what if" way of thinking for someone with a tertiary(or quaternary) Ti as well? If so, would someone who grasp and excel at both of these concepts, by your way of reasoning, be a thinker?

Hmm, I'm not sure what you're asking. But Te is "objective logic" while Ti is "Subjective logic." So if you give wikipedia a quick search on the difference between subjective and objective you'll understand. Te users feel like the rules are set in place for a reason and should not be tampered with, while Ti users generally make their own subjective individual rules whenever they want.

The fact you just told me not to put people in boxes immediately makes me think you're an INFP or ENFP (Fi + Si). Regardless, inferior extroverted sensing means INFJ's have trouble sifting through the myriad of possibilities and prioritizing the singlemost important answer and then taking the initiative to act upon that.

Why xNFP? And not ISFP? I'm curious about your reasoning. Personally, I find INFPs are more open about that sort of thing. ISFPs and ENFPs seem to be more sensitive to it. (I'm unsure about ESFPs)

6 years experience, and also because I know what the functions actually mean because I read some books about them that made them much more tangible and distinguishable. As an ESTP I'm a much more physical hands on kinda guy, so I tend to push people's buttons and test mbti out for myself in person to get that hands on experience. I have 6 years of button pushing experience. Most of my experiences naturally follow scientific method.

Hahaha! That kind of reminds me of The Mentalist. Always pushing buttons to find out things about people. Which, I'm pretty sure that character is an ESTP too.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you're asking. But Te is "objective logic" while Ti is "Subjective logic." So if you give wikipedia a quick search on the difference between subjective and objective you'll understand. Te users feel like the rules are set in place for a reason and should not be tampered with, while Ti users generally make their own subjective individual rules whenever they want.

I'm not asking for what subjective and objective logic are. I'm asking if someone who understands and utilizes both of them* would be a thinker type with your way of reasoning.

*to an extent greater than pathetic, or what you called it (for those with a tertiary shadow Te).

Edit: An attempt to clarify what I'm asking you;

You said that someone with a tertiary shadow Te would be bad at objective logic, so if you're able to utilize it well, I'd assume that you need to have a dominant or secondary shadow Te, given your Ti is greater than Te.

Basically, if you can utilize both, you'd need to have both in either the dominant or secondary function (one in the normal, and one in the shadow), since, If I'm not mistaken, they mirror each other.

If so, would someone who utilizes both of these, by your logic, be a thinker?

Last edited:
[video=youtube;d7kxTsZqsVg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7kxTsZqsVg[/video]

"Conspiracy theorists... making a pyramid of logic in the sky out of shit that has no grounding in the earth."

Hey, I know exactly who that sounds like!

ITT: INFj