Vampires | INFJ Forum

Vampires

as a dedicated reader of teh Southern Vampire series I must offer. . .
vampires don't go out in the day light because they will burn. .

As an authority on the lore of the Civ IV mod Fall from Heaven II, I can inform you that sunlight does not do permanent physical harm to vampires but does rob them of their supernatural strength as well as cause them to experience severe pain and panic. Vampirism is not a disease, and is not about drinking blood (although many enjoy indulging in that, most stick to glutting themselves in feasts and orgies that mortals could enjoy). Vampires are serial murders who use dark rituals to consume the very souls of their victims, in order to add their victim's vitality and lifespan to their own. The first victim of the vampire ritual was Lanthis, a pious acolyte of Lugus, the God of Light and Truth. The effect of direct sunlight on a vampire is a curse that the Sun God sent in punishment for this first vile crime, and for similar atrocities that each individual vampire freely chose to commit. It is meant to supplement the defective conscious of an unrepentant, sadistic killer.

(Sunlight also has a noteworthy effect on Werewolves. The first Werewolf was Baron Duin Halfmourn, who was gifted lycanthropy after praying to Camulos, God of Strife, for more followers to serve in his many raids. A few of his victims came to embrace the disorder and learned from him how to control the transformation for maximum terror, must most continue to consider it a terrible affliction. For them, sunlight offers the only respire from their nightmare of a life. Lugus reminds the individual who he truly is, allowing the rational soul to assert dominance over the spirit of the beast and return to human form. It does not appear that the moon is at all relevant to the transformation in this mythos.)

Reactions: Bird
you got it all wrong, the lot of you bookworms and scholars. here's the proper reaction the director was most definitely harvesting from the legions of horny juveniles:
I quote my own reaction:

amazing!
enhancing super dynamic background music! what an awesome boyfriend! I alone know how many times I hated the mountain trip just because of the tiresome neverending climbing and panting (and all effort a sedentary never experiences otherwise, you know?)
but lol, his skin looks like diamonds too? hell yeah, you're beautiful! what more to ask for? how can his faked suffering make me pity him, teenage wise, when adding he's a killer does nothing but scream hot hot! and he knows it!
:m015:

Twilight... twilight features fairies. A vampire, well in order to kill a vampire you should have to use garlic and holy water, put a stake through its heart, cut off its head, burn the corpse and scatter the ashes at a crossroads. For further instructions, consult Bram Stoker. According to most myths and legends, vampires are not affected by sunlight. Oddly enough, they are often portrayed as having an obsession with quantifying things. Vampires shouldn't sparkle though!

A vampire = Narcissistic personality disorder. In fact I'm not even joking, it was apparently the original idea for the vampire creature.

Twilight... twilight features fairies. A vampire, well in order to kill a vampire you should have to use garlic and holy water, put a stake through its heart, cut off its head, burn the corpse and scatter the ashes at a crossroads. For further instructions, consult Bram Stoker. According to most myths and legends, vampires are not affected by sunlight. Oddly enough, they are often portrayed as having an obsession with quantifying things. Vampires shouldn't sparkle though!

Sounds like an effective plan of extermination

that's liches, magister343
No, Liches are Undead who gain a sort of immortality by locking away their own souls in phylacteries and using magic to keep their bodies together even as they rot away.

Vampires are not Undead, and use the souls of others to keep their bodies young and healthy. Some Vampire lords study necromancy and may eventually decide to become Liches, but most are too vain preoccupied with enjoying the pleasures of the flesh.

The same universe also has Shades, whose trade portions of their soul for immortality in their Waning ritual. Most were men of great talent (artists, scholars, engineers) and motivation who wanted more time to complete their masterpieces. The ritual however robs them of their ability to feel most emotions, and reduces them to creatures of habit who eventually loose all motivation and become either catatonic or suicidal. Their memories gradually fade, to the point of completely forgetting everyone they used to loved. It also causes their physical form to fade into the shadows, becoming ghost-like and invisible when they aren't trying to be seen. They are still however living beings, who revere Arawn (the true neutral non-interventionist God of Death) and have a deep hatred for the Undead. They would be horrified to learn that their ritual actually drains their souls in order to empower Laroth, a powerful and evil archmage intent on overthrowing Arawn and becoming a god.

Sound like your very familiar with the vampires theme.

Yup! Actually, I wrote a full length novel focused on vampires when I was in my teens, so you could say I'm an expert! In any case, twilight is a disgrace to all literature. I'm sure that if you showed it to the man who came up with the idea of books, he'd scrap the whole thing...

[video=youtube;jiux2n1eoyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jiux2n1eoyE[/video]

errr, whatever. It was a successful, and made a couple of millions in the end, I'm not sure what qualifies you to be such a cynical critic, anyways.

Just because it sold a lot doesn't mean that it has any literary value. Have you read it??? I couldn't manage more than half of the first book! Gah!

adn I know that the Southern Vampire series has no literary value, but it's a great read. . . I've read all 13 books and cant wait for the next. .

adn I know that the Southern Vampire series has no literary value, but it's a great read. . . I've read all 13 books and cant wait for the next. .

At least Charlane Harris makes it interesting though and keeps your attention. I tried to read the first Twilight book and it nearly bored me to death.