Unplugging | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Unplugging

When do you unplug? Do you think this is important? I was thinking about adopting no cells, no tablets, computers, etc. during meals. Does anyone do anything like this or set aside a time of day to be unplugged?

My phones wifi is usually out. I turn it on once every day-2days to quickly check if there are new messages.
When I come home I throw my phone into the furthest away corner of my room.

Computer is a bit tougher, but I did split my professional and private contacts in message apps.
At the least when I do work at home, I no longer get stressed from the constant chatter in work related group messaging systems.
I also spend at least an hour day during my waking hours with all electronics off other than my audiobooks on an mp3 player (no wireless signals).

Unfortunately, there is not much escaping electronics now a days. Especially not as a student.

When I finish my studies I do intend to make my computer room separate from most of the house though.
And the television will likely only show a library worth of things that I actually am interested in watching. (I really cannot stand the commercials and reality tv stuff anymore)
I'm not interested in a smart tv though, and the only internet I am alright in my house would be wired on say a gaming console.
Wifi signals and phone signals are rather harmful. If you don't believe me, place 2 identical plants in your house. One next to your wifi and one as far away from it and keep a growing log ;p It'll scare you good ;p

Last edited:
Wifi signals and phone signals are rather harmful. If you don't believe me, place 2 identical plants in your house. One next to your wifi and one as far away from it and keep a growing log ;p It'll scare you good ;p

That is really interesting. I might try that.

This is something I find important. After thinking a lot and realizing that I felt ignored, unimportant and unwanted when people I am with half listen to what I am saying and check their phones constantly, I decided that when I am with someone, anyone, including my kids, I put my phone away. I don't want to make anyone else feel that way. I also tend to reduce the amount of time I spend with those constant phone checkers. Either they would rather be elsewhere or they have no self-control. I don't have the time or patience for either one. They can hang out with someone else checking a phone.

I love seeing couples on dates checking their phones, makes me feel like I a missing out on something special.