Type Reon....Again. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Type Reon....Again.

While the ESFP accusation was clearly a joke, there is a serious merit to it.

According to the concept of shadow functions, we all adopt our opposite personality under the right kinds of stress. This means we can use our shadow mode as an indicator of our type.

Since you are on the fence between INTJ and INFJ, read the descriptions for ESFP and ESTP and consider the filter for being completely stressed. If ESFP is a more accurate description of who you are when you get completely stressed then you are and INTJ. If ESTP is a better description, then you're an INFJ. Many of the things you've described about your F side would imply the former, and that you've had enough time in your stress modes (ISFP for high stress and ESFP for complete stress) to have developed them properly.

You don't seem to use Fe as much as most people on this forum. Compare that to Indigo who sometimes thinks he is INTJ but his posts drip with Fe.

You don't seem to use Fe as much as most people on this forum. Compare that to Indigo who sometimes thinks he is INTJ but his posts drip with Fe.

And I'm not proud of it! Blahh.

Reon, you're a darling, and whatever type you are is cool... :)

but for the record, I still think you might be an INFJ with a dominant T. There are many on the forum, but I know how frustrating it is to figure your exact type. I feel this need too still at times. I hope you get it figured out!

Aw, thanks. By chance, why do you think I'm an F if I may ask? Intuition?

While the ESFP accusation was clearly a joke, there is a serious merit to it.

According to the concept of shadow functions, we all adopt our opposite personality under the right kinds of stress. This means we can use our shadow mode as an indicator of our type.

Since you are on the fence between INTJ and INFJ, read the descriptions for ESFP and ESTP and consider the filter for being completely stressed. If ESFP is a more accurate description of who you are when you get completely stressed then you are and INTJ. If ESTP is a better description, then you're an INFJ. Many of the things you've described about your F side would imply the former, and that you've had enough time in your stress modes (ISFP for high stress and ESFP for complete stress) to have developed them properly.

I think that I'm more of an ESFP. I'm totally into my emotions, how I present myself to people, things of that nature. I'm usually not being logical at that point in time.

I notice that. Which is why I think I'm an INTJ instead of an INFJ. The manner in which I act tends to make people think I'm the latter

You know I think, and have always thought, you are an INTJ.

It's a trait we both share. However, logically speaking, that statement has no value. Every type can be an attention whore.

Looks like I'm an INFJ too then.

Never knew INFJ's made up for 90% of the population.

Reon sounds to me like an INTJ with stronger than average Fi, very similar to my father.

All ideas have real impact towards the world; anything you ever seen or heard came from an idea.

Even if something doesn't have a direct practical meaning it's presence alone is enough to change the world.

It is the combination of various ideas that allow us to understand the universe; it is what makes humanities' sandbox truly infinite.

Last edited: