[INFJ] - Type Me + Mintoots edition | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Type Me + Mintoots edition

Is this mostly an intuitive conviction for you or are you able to explain why you think that?

(As you already know that's what I think too.)
I used this as reference: https://practicaltyping.com/2018/09/10/11-differences-between-te-and-ti-users/

I related to Ti in all circumstances. My workplace is always neat but not while I'm working. It's always a mess. When I study, I open at least 50 tabs at the same time because too many topics are tangential to each other or similar and I have to recheck everything.

Unless I've completed that process, I'll speak with uncertainty. When I'm certain, I fight tooth and nail for agenda but I recognize that facts are absolutely circumstantial.

That among many.

Hey min, consider your colleagues:

What's more important to you? That the work is done properly, or that people get on?

Would you sacrifice some harmony for improved performance? Would you tolerate more incompetence for improved harmony?

Do you have a moral feeling about excellence? That is is right and good for the work to be done well? Because the work is important and it builds a lasting legacy?

What's more important to you? That the work is done properly, or that people get on?

Would you sacrifice some harmony for improved performance? Would you tolerate more incompetence for improved harmony?

Do you have a moral feeling about excellence? That is is right and good for the work to be done well? Because the work is important and it builds a lasting legacy?
I think there are so many examples in your life of you pitting harmony (Fe) against effectiveness (Te).

Why is this even a thing?
Obvious INFJ is obvious.

I mostly wanted to discuss her enneagram, but it turns out there's controversy about everything :D

Would you agree that Min doesn't seem like a core 5?

Would you agree that Min doesn't seem like a core 5?

Hmm well I have doubts, as you know I would for anyone claiming the 5 lol!
But perhaps the leaning toward INTJ vibe is due to the 5.
Truthfully I don't know min well enough to speak on her enneatype. On the surface 5 seems possible though.

Hmm well I have doubts, as you know I would for anyone claiming the 5 lol!
But perhaps the leaning toward INTJ vibe is due to the 5.
Truthfully I don't know min well enough to speak on her enneatype. On the surface 5 seems possible though.
How about 1?

There is a strong need for things to be 'right' and 'in order'. For things to be 'done properly'.

How about 1?

There is a strong need for things to be 'right' and 'in order'. For things to be 'done properly'.

Seems plausible and would also account for the leaning towards INTJ vibe

@mintoots your last blog post was a big rant against incompetence.

I recognise that.

I think a lot of people would put that kind of thing in the INTJ bracket, too.

I have to admit that I don't know what your best fit type is.

Your Fi is overwhelming, though.

I haven't read the blog, but at lot of people assume that Fi is about being opinionated - having strong opinions.

I think it doesn't need to be. For example, INFJ and ISFJ are very opinionated. INFPs are Fi doms and can be in a permanent state of "sorting out their opinions" which means that they don't actually have many - or even if they do, they are not confident/comfortable expressing them.

Tough questions.

You know how I despise incompetence and my boss but today I actually forgave him and told him I appreciate his effort because I realize that there's really not much I can do anymore for overaged underachiever. So, yes, I use Fe at the office.

To further support that, here's another scenario that happened today. One of my best team members started exhibiting disrespect against my boss as well. I know why and I definitely led by example. Believe it or not, my boss came to me to pout like a kid even demanding respect. I told him I understood where the team is coming from and told him to rein in his emotions, in a nice way. He now things I still like him although I told him my facts nonetheless. I have a gift that way. I talked to my team mates and told them to dial it down. Respect first.

For now my plan is to absorb all the work that the others can't deliver but not without trying my darndest best to extract the best from those that have any sap in them. Yep, Fe.

At home, however, I'm Fi. I'm mostly on stealth mode at home. I use my cooking to show them my presence without having them come at me to ask how my day went. My work life is a mystery to them, but I talk to my cousin and his wife and they know I'm busy and I explain my job to them sometimes but only enough so as not to rock the boat at home. Wait, I think that's also Fe.

I think there are so many examples in your life of you pitting harmony (Fe) against effectiveness (Te).
That's correct. Last night, I actually messaged my old mentor and told her how much I appreciate her effort to train me when she did. I told her how now I understand that she must have been frustrated with our team then because we were still learning. I also told her that I was planning on giving up a bit of the fight for excellence for now because a team is only as good as when it is sane. She called me. I cancelled her call. I hate phone calls. Lol. She told me that she was only frustrated with me once and that was when I gave up on excellence for the sake of my mental state, but she understands me now. She said that I am still her best mentee and is her Department's biggest loss. She's INTJ so I think I absorbed a lot of her teachings.

If that was the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

For what it's worth, I don't think Min is a type 5.
Thanks Lady J.

Wrong word.
How embarassing.
I feel like an idiot.

How about try: bewildering.

This is bewildering.

Sorry you guys.
I don't think this is of little significance.