Twitter has officially violated the conduct of free expression | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Twitter has officially violated the conduct of free expression

Also the internet is a mere shadow of its former glory. I've been watching it go down the shitter since the 90's and have been making a fuss about it off and on ever since. Some times even on this forum.

I've been saying for a while that these companies want to control information. I've been pissed at Google since forever now and more than once I've bitched about how it manipulates results. Twitter is no different.

It's a bit galling that I've been trying to wake people up for so long just to be told I'm too serious, crazy, or that I just hate change. And NOW I'm being told about apathy? I've been telling people about the downward spiral of commercial internet while some of you were still babies.

Not to mention that social media was never intended to facilitate the open exchange of ideas. People naively descended on it having this expectation for some reason, maybe because they thought it was just another venue where they could be heard, but that is not the case.

People took it upon themselves to use Twitter to disseminate news and opinions as if it's some kind of blog. It isn't. It, like Facebook and MySpace, is designed for trite social bullshit. The fact that they meddle with things is not at all surprising when there is money to be had.

Exactly.

It's time for an all-out assault on Twitter HQ.

*tosses an assault rifle to [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION]*

:m144::m180:

It's time for an all-out assault on Twitter HQ.

*tosses an assault rifle to [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION]*

:m144::m180:

I'd say all the Twitter users out there should. But I'm not one of them. I'll leave it to people like [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION] to speak on the vile social media platform. Though I am tempted to create an account just to bitch now. But then, I'd go against my personal boycott of them.

I'd say all the Twitter users out there should. But I'm not one of them. I'll leave it to people like [MENTION=13855]JJJA[/MENTION] to speak on the vile social media platform. Though I am tempted to create an account just to bitch now. But then, I'd go against my personal boycott of them.

Not using Twitter at all is probably more effective. If you log in to even complain you're helping them make money which is not a huge incentive for them to change their behavior.

In fact they can only come out ahead from this controversy if it increases site activity. You can't actually hurt them by yelling at them but you can make them richer if you use Tweets to do it.

Not using Twitter at all is probably more effective. If you log in to even complain you're helping them make money which is not a huge incentive for them to change their behavior.

In fact they can only come out ahead from this controversy if it increases site activity. You can't actually hurt them by yelling at them but you can make them richer if you use Tweets to do it.

I have the same perspective on this. I advocate a boycott and just choose not to use such platforms of social media, including Twitter, FB, MySpace and all the other garbage out there.

I have the same perspective on this. I advocate a boycott and just choose not to use such platforms of social media, including Twitter, FB, MySpace and all the other garbage out there.

Also if a significant number of people just flat stopped using Twitter, that would send a message which they would notice. The willingness to do that is what separates people with actual resolve from those who just play at activism. You cant really intimidate them while operating on their terms in their territory. That has no actionable power.

Companies ignore complaints pretty damn routinely these days because words don't hurt and too many people don't have the fucking sand to cut them off.

Also if a significant number of people just flat stopped using Twitter, that would send a message which they would notice. The willingness to do that is what separates people with actual resolve from those who just play at activism. You cant really intimidate them while operating on their terms in their territory. That has no actionable power.

Companies ignore complaints pretty damn routinely these days because words don't hurt and too many people don't have the fucking sand to cut them off.

I think this could work.

I think this could work.

Absolutely agree. But getting those to sign off Twitter is like asking them to voluntarily stop their heart from beating. These social media idiots will never stop using Twitter. If they truly cared about free speech and the plight of this Twitter account holder, then they would all ban together, make some tweet about the reason why they are signing off, and then actually do it. All at the same time. THAT would make a statement that Twitter would have to listen to. But that would never happen.

What I find funny is that in a world of 7 billion people, no one controls anything without smoke an mirrors. Right now governments tremble at the thought that one day people will realize their vast number cant be controlled if they dont allow it.

Eh? I threaten you never. o_O

You're the least of my worries, I can assure you. There are actual malicious people out there who seek to do, and have done harm to others. I worry about them.

Well I hope those terrible people are caught and punished. Think of the children.

200.gif

Reactions: hush
Twitter can do whatever they want with their own platform. You don't get to make the rules and you aren't entitled to free speech on social media.

I don’t know why people assume they aren’t being manipulated, redirected, and fed just flat out lies all over the internet?
I blows my fucking mind…
Twitter is out to make money.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this is just more publicity for themselves….because people will just keep using it.

I don’t know why people assume they aren’t being manipulated, redirected, and fed just flat out lies all over the internet?
I blows my fucking mind…
Twitter is out to make money.
I wouldn’t be surprised if this is just more publicity for themselves….because people will just keep using it.

Let's send in the tanks. Let's solve this with violence.

Twitter is a company and like any company you can communicate with them primarily through their pocketbook.
Its amazing to me how many in the world believe the things they buy were put there to benefit them when thats hardly ever the case. Things are put there for you to buy or use to make money. Right or wrong thats it. Yes someone may have originally intended and produced an item with the intent of helping people but the only reason it ever gets to you is because someone wants money for it. Twitter is no different. The world becomes a vastly easier place to understand and cope with once this understanding is achieved and accepted.

Am I missing something, or are people who don't want to be controlled promoting controlling what a company is or isn't allowed to do?

Reactions: the
Am I missing something, or are people who don't want to be controlled promoting controlling what a company is or isn't allowed to do?

I want to do the controlling.