Trust yourself? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Trust yourself?

i always trust myself. if i can't trust my own judgements and what i perceive God is telling me who can i trust? others? in my life not many others have proven themselves to be trustworthy. as it pertains to trusting my judgements about others, i trust my judgements as to where others are at, but it is not prescriptive. i can listen and reflect, but i am loathe to offer any kind of advice.

Wise words.

Thanks Restraint. Unfortunately what wisdom we gain, or others may value as wisdom, for me personally, usually comes from some very unwise choices. C'est la vie eh? :/

i always trust myself. if i can't trust my own judgements and what i perceive God is telling me who can i trust? others?
in my life not many others have proven themselves to be trustworthy. as it pertains to trusting my judgements about others, i trust my judgements as to where others are at, but it is not prescriptive. i can listen and reflect, but i am loathe to offer any kind of advice.

I envy that. I'd like to get to that place myself...soon. Like right now!!! ;)

Do you have difficulty trusting your own judgment? Why?

This could be personally, professionally, emotionally, socially, etc.

Yes, sometimes, i feel difficult to trust my own judgments. Generally, i feel it hard because i don't know where it will lead me. Where i will go, if i go to try it.

It is normal, because we have never seen great idea and we have never tried to trust it. So it is obvious, we will feel it difficult.

If we want something, then we must have to trust ourselves. If we doubt on ourselves, then it is not helping to us.

Yes, sometimes, i feel difficult to trust my own judgments. Generally, i feel it hard because i don't know where it will lead me. Where i will go, if i go to try it.

It is normal, because we have never seen great idea and we have never tried to trust it. So it is obvious, we will feel it difficult.

If we want something, then we must have to trust ourselves. If we doubt on ourselves, then it is not helping to us.

Yeah, I can see where when someone hasn't had an experience before, and there is lack of certainty etc. where the ambivalence comes from. I think that's what you're referring to.

There's also the other end of the spectrm, where uncertainty and questioning our judgment can come into play. And, that is when we've been burnt..when we've made mistakes and paid a hefty price. Then, we can start to question ourselves. It can be a tough hurdle to get over. But, then that's where self knowledge comes in, I think. It's like that old clich

Interesting...on the contrary to some people, I find that I'm the only person I can trust completely...

Do you have difficulty trusting your own judgment? Why?

This could be personally, professionally, emotionally, socially, etc.

Ohhh yes.
I suppose it's mostly when I'm making decisions about anything and everything. For one thing, I'm pretty indecisive and the fact that I constantly second guess myself doesn't help either. You can find me second guessing myself from the very minuscule things to the very important. I feel like it may be because somewhere deep inside myself is a very powerful uncertainty and doubt about a lot of things. Like I'm far more able to picture everything that could and would go horribly wrong much better than what could go right.