Trump's Tantrum | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Trump's Tantrum

I thought it was reported that Trump didn't care for Camp David. He had said something akin to it being boring after 30 minutes.
Why would he be spending the remainder of the week through to Sunday there when his favorite go to is always his FL white house.

I'm curious how far in advance this was planned. Did his team suddenly wisk him away yesterday for a psychiatric evaluation? If they didn't, they should.

(Or. maybe he's just "borrowing" the silver place settings. ;) )

Last edited:
I agree. People who feel that things will "go to plan" because the Democrats won the Senate haven't been paying attention. It's possible, but not expected.
It's a flaw in seeing the starting point for our current atmosphere as when Trump first took office rather than the early 90s when both parties in the US began adopting more aggressive confrontational styles of campaigning and stopped delivering as much on actual substance. A 3 decade long trend doesn't just reverse itself for no reason.

Wow. That's a very good point. Got me thinking there @Reason ...
He's more reasonable than most, I hate to say it, Trump supporters I've had political discussions with. While I disagree with him, Reason is not your stereotypical Trump supporter.

Mostly because I wasnt alive before 1960
:laughing:

But the governing philosophies of both parties have hardly changed since the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was passed. I sincerely do not believe that the Republican Party has gotten less deplorable (to borrow a term) since then.

Lol the drama is amusing but Pence doesn't really matter too much in this process. Biden will take the white house, there's no doubt about it. Unfortunately for him, the next few years aren't going to be much different from now in terms of high tensions.

All that Biden will do in the end is fill a casket so who they really elected is Kamala, I doubt the country will survive but if it does the expectation of normality will be long gone. Anyone with good intentions in office anywhere is going to have a very challenging time as the next few years plays out. The economic fallout from covid alone is going to be a black pill moment for many with unemployment not seen since the height of the great depression.

All that Biden will do in the end is fill a casket so who they really elected is Kamala, I doubt the country will survive but if it does the expectation of normality will be long gone. Anyone with good intentions in office anywhere is going to have a very challenging time as the next few years plays out. The economic fallout from covid alone is going to be a black pill moment for many with unemployment not seen since the height of the great depression.
Whatever happens, there is a way forward. Keep calm and denounce totalitarianism. As long as we can keep commies and fascists out of power it's all a survivable event. I don't have a lot of faith in Kamala but she's not that big a deal.
It is a uniparty system in reality as both are two wings of the same buzzard.
100 percent true, blm and stopthesteal protesters were camped outside McConnell's house the other day. Mortal enemies setting aside differences to denounce that loathsome turtle.

It is a uniparty system in reality as both are two wings of the same buzzard.
Are both parties beholden to the interests of upper class capitalist donors? Yes. But the policies that both parties propose are not always the complete same.

For example, the Democratic House of Representatives passed the MORE Act to decriminalize marijuana nationwide. Where are all my Republicans at? I've been waiting a damn month for common sense legislation. It's always Mitch McConnell.

Also, it took a Democratic House, Senate, and President to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Common sense legislation.

Reactions: dudemanbro
Are both parties beholden to the interests of upper class capitalist donors? Yes. But the policies that both parties propose are not always the complete same.
Not the same but similar in all the wrong places. Similarly elitist and similarly corrupt. Similarly in bed with similar slimeballs

Not the same but similar in all the wrong places. Similarly elitist and similarly corrupt. Similarly in bed with similar slimeballs
But the policies they vote for are not the same. I sincerely believe that if the Democratic Party had won every House, Senate, and Presidential election since 1964, the United States would not be in as miserable a shape as it is today.

Reactions: Sandie33 and Reason
But the policies they vote for are not the same. I sincerely believe that if the Democratic Party had won every House, Senate, and Presidential election since 1964, the United States would not be in as miserable a shape as it is today.
I'm skeptical about this. People left too long at the steering wheel tend to get carried away. Also, it wouldn't assuage the people who, year after year, would feel unheard because their candidates couldn't win.

I'm skeptical about this. People left too long at the steering wheel tend to get carried away. Also, it wouldn't assuage the people who, year after year, would feel unheard because their candidates couldn't win.
Well, I'm presuming that they ran on the same policy proposals that they did in our timeline.

I mean come on, imagine an Al Gore or George McGovern presidency. We'd have freaking flying cars by now.

The policies they vote for cannot threaten their sugar daddies. You could have a different world with different policies, but the corruption that takes a giant dump in every policy and initiative cannot be addressed and resolved by political insiders.

Consider who the establishment goes after, on the left it's Bernie on the right it's Trump. It's not a coincidence that anyone touting the notion of reform gets nuked. It's also not a coincidence that the Republicans screwed Ron Paul for being an outsider in the past.

The policies they vote for cannot threaten their sugar daddies. You could have a different world with different policies, but the corruption that takes a giant dump in every policy and initiative cannot be addressed and resolved by political insiders.
Well, I somewhat disagree. It depends upon who those insiders are accountable to. The Democratic Party is way more accountable to voters by nature of it's message and policy proposals. I don't like gerrymandering or the the private financing of elections.

Consider who the establishment goes after, on the left it's Bernie on the right it's Trump. It's not a coincidence that anyone touting the notion of reform gets nuked. It's also not a coincidence that the Republicans screwed Ron Paul for being an outsider in the past.
Sure, but the establishment is way more favorable to Trump than it is Bernie Sanders. Sure, the mainstream media doesn't like Trump's tone but they don't substantively criticize his policy proposals because Trump's policy proposals largely benefit the people who already have wealth and power.

Bernie Sanders is almost entirely dismissed by legacy media, at the personal level and with respect to his policy proposals.

I'm more surprised that Bernie Sanders was even elected the senate than I am Trump being elected to the Presidency.

During the same decade that Trump was dodging the Vietnam War, Bernie Sanders was getting arrested at Civil Rights protests.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reason
Well, I somewhat disagree. It depends upon who those insiders are accountable to. The Democratic Party is way more accountable to voters by nature of it's message and policy proposals. I don't like gerrymandering or the the private financing of elections.
Nope, the Democrats and Republicans play different games but one isn't any more accountable to the other. Obama took all that Goldman Sachs money right as the big bailouts were happening and didn't do much to the banks at all in office. The Democratic voters didn't care. They liked him better than Republicans and that's all that apparently mattered.
Sure, but the establishment is way more favorable to Trump than it is Bernie Sanders. Sure, the mainstream media doesn't like Trump's tone but they don't substantively criticize his policy proposals because they largely benefit the people who already have wealth and power.

Bernie Sanders is almost entirely dismissed by legacy media, at the personal level and with respect to his policy proposals.

I'm more surprised that Bernie Sanders was even elected the senate than I am Trump being elected to the Presidency.
Lol Trump is detested by the establishment. And once again- Bernie being invisible is no accident.